Options

Top 10 best " attack minded " players in the World - Currently .

Comments

• Options
    Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    Eden Hazard ?

Give him 3-4 years he'll be on this list, but tad early at the moment. Goes back to the over-hyping thing discussed earlier.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gerrard.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Neo Tokyo wrote: »
    Suarez has always been a good player, for Liverpool and Uruguay, plus he was successful at Ajax.

Based on current form I'd have Suarez over Villa or Sneijder any day of the week.

Suarez has been very creative for Liverpool, but he has never to my mind looked an instinctive finisher there, and a much better goals return is something that I am sure both he and Liverpool wanted in his role.

OK, one can compare different league standards, but it is surprising to me how many goals he scored for Ajax and how indifferent he has looked as a taker of chances for Liverpool.

Certainly to me not a top 10 player here, although I enjoy a lot of the craft he brings to his play.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    ZicoZ wrote: »
    I'd be very interested in the suggestions for the current top 10 players in World football .

Clearly Messi , closely followed by Ronaldo appear to be a level above the rest but who are the others ??

I'd guess RVP , Kun Aguero , Iniesta , Xavi , David Silva maybe Cesc , Alexis Sanchez , Moderic and Higuain would be there or there abouts !??
    REALLY????? There's a surprise. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    REALLY????? There's a surprise. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing this is an in joke, but would it be surprise if anyone put that. Messi is clearly in the top 10.
  • Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    Pato, Gotze, Mata, Gomez, Marco Reus , Ezequiel Lavezzi, Marek Hamsik, Mesut Özil, Javier Pastore.

Ozil .
    Another pretty obvious player I missed :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've followed football for a very long time and the definition "attack minded" is a new one on me. What's it mean exactly ?

Excluding keepers , defenders and holding /destructive midfielders , I guess .

Just a personal preference .
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,537
    Forum Member
    What, not a single shout for Heskey or Darren Pratley?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What, not a single shout for Heskey or Darren Pratley?

Just you then :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well possibly Tottenham's two most attack minded players Gareth Bale and VDV along with Parker miss today's game against ManU . Maybe their three most important players absent !

It does puzzle me slightly how , when teams play Man U they OFTEN seem to have KEY players missing ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well possibly Tottenham's two most attack minded players Gareth Bale and VDV along with Parker miss today's game against ManU . Maybe their three most important players absent !

It does puzzle me slightly how , when teams play Man U they OFTEN seem to have KEY players missing ....

A mind that sees conspiracies in the simplest of things tends to see conspiracy in just about anything that they don't like :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    By the way Zico, just thinking, that was a super tenuous link to lead into having another go at Manchester United.

Respect ;)
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    apart from the obvious choices, the Napoli front 3 are a joy of attacking football.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    indiana44 wrote: »
    A mind that sees conspiracies in the simplest of things tends to see conspiracy in just about anything that they don't like :)

Mmm , one of Harry Hill's better quotes ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ozil, Gareth Bale, Schnijider, Ben Arfa, Ba, Dempsey,

Imo :D:cool:
  • Options
    the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Zlatan Ibrahimović is my favourite player but I just presumed I'd be alone on naming him .

There's a coincidence, Ibrahimovic's favorite player is also Zlatan Ibrohimovic.
  • Options
    Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Robben!!!!
  • Options
    Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member

This is so true the oppositions key players are usually out for one reason or another, good spot
  • Options
    Viscount ByronViscount Byron Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Messi
    2. Robben
    3. Tevez
    4. Villa
    5. RVP
    6. C.Ronaldo
    7. Benzema
    8. Podolski
    9. Ozil
    10. Falcao
  • Options
    AJ3AJ3 Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooney, Hernandez, Giggs
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im only gonna count strikers/trequartistas in mine

messi
    ronaldo
    diego milito
    aguero
    suarez
    neymar
    robben
    ribery
    ibrahimovic
    soldado
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only the top 2 are in order. The rest I think you could mix around but these were just off the top of my head.

1. Messi
    2. Ronaldo
    3. RVP
    4. Ibra
    5. Aguero
    6. Benzema
    7. Cavani
    8. Lavezzi
    9. Neymar
    10. Rooney
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    im only gonna count strikers/trequartistas in mine

messi
    ronaldo
    diego milito
    aguero
    suarez
    neymar
    robben
    ribery
    ibrahimovic
    soldado

Damn good list there , I'd probably just swap Milito and Ribery for Madrid's Higuain and Benzeama or even RVP and Rooney ( on a good day he's unplayable ) .
  • Options
    Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've followed football for a very long time and the definition "attack minded" is a new one on me. What's it mean exactly ?

I'd take it to mean someone who, when their team has possession (and possibly even when they haven't, but might soon), will immediately be trying to create a goal scoring opportunity, and would not just be looking to keep possession and maybe get a chance to score. They would actively "do" something.

Edit: Also, it is an attitude of mind, and not a measure of either ability or current form
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd take it to mean someone who, when their team has possession (and possibly even when they haven't, but might soon), will immediately be trying to create a goal scoring opportunity, and would not just be looking to keep possession and maybe get a chance to score. They would actively "do" something.

Edit: Also, it is an attitude of mind, and not a measure of either ability or current form

Exactly !