Cheryl Cole Jonathan Ross Interview

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
Why did ITV think it was necessary to bleep out her saying "That was a stupid ****ing thing to do". It was after 10pm for goodness sake.

Comments

• FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Don't they bleep it on every talk show?

She was cute and funny in that interview, and I liked her performance.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member

a round of applause for Cheryl's PR :rolleyes:
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,939
    Forum Member
    ITV is more sensitive about these things than the BBC.

As Cheryl's interview, it was a waste of time and energy...she refused to answer many questions...I think she and Cowell had a deal struck about returning to X-Factor at some point.

Considering she took out a court order against photographers she didn't seem upset she appeared on the front page of a paper with a bloody nose.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

As Cheryl's interview, it was a waste of time and energy...she refused to answer many questions...I think she and Cowell had a deal struck about returning to X-Factor at some point.

Considering she took out a court order against photographers she didn't seem upset she appeared on the front page of a paper with a bloody nose.

I think the injunction just means they aren't allowed to hang about or follow her from her house. Not that it would apply in America though.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the interview was the same as when she was on Piers Morgan show. Big build up, but we learnt nothing new. Mrs Cole acting coy and demure :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member

I take it you haven't seen Celebrity Juice?
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member

:eek:
    Are you quite mad?, did you actually hear how badly she sang?

I find it quite an unpleasant sign of modern life that someone with such a basic level of vocal talent, is actually judging other on their talent.

Whats more, people like you like it!!!

I dont get it, when suddenly did bad singing become acceptable?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends who they've actually seen perform... I used to think the Coldplay sounded alright, then I rewound the clock to see U2 in their peak years and came to the conclusion that everyone apart from them is sh*te.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends who they've actually seen perform... I used to think the Coldplay sounded alright, then I rewound the clock to see U2 in their peak years and came to the conclusion that everyone apart from them is sh*te.

Funny you should say that, I'm watching the closing ceremony of the Paralympics and Coldplay are performing. Chris's vocals are terrible, completely tuneless - he is terrible live (and I'm a Coldplay fan)
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny you should say that, I'm watching the closing ceremony of the Paralympics and Coldplay are performing. Chris's vocals are terrible, completely tuneless - he is terrible live (and I'm a Coldplay fan)

I agree, and I like Coldplay too
    *covers ears*
    :o:o
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »

I find it quite an unpleasant sign of modern life that someone with such a basic level of vocal talent, is actually judging other on their talent.

What is going on here, I get judged for having my own opinion, like it's a criminal offense?

I liked the performance, including the dancing, the set up, the song. I am very aware that Cheryl is not the best of singers, but I can still enjoy her performance, and even am allowed to say it aloud without being judged for it.

Yeah, I get it, people don't like her here, but I have no problem with her, and I like some of her songs. Also, she isn't a bad dancer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My opinion is that she sounded shite when she sang live in the intro, and it was therefore so obvious that she was miming when she sang her new song as it was marginally better.

I appreciate others may like her and her 'singing' but for me, I cannot understand the hype towards her, and the fact she is judged on her 'beauty'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair, she had the credentials to judge on X Factor because she went through the process on Popstars. And the 'judges' are just mouthpieces for the production team anyway. They could train parrots to do their job.
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Standards have lowered over time as people have put less importance on talent and more on looks, saleability and marketability. So while Susan Boyle and Adele are much better singers than Lily Allen and Cheryl Cole could ever be in their lifetimes, they don't do "sexy photoshoots", skimpy outfits or sell their personal lives for profit.

Sadly being a talented performer now does not mean being great as a stage act, it means being willing to be a 24 hour attention seeking "event" maker without any issues about your privacy or your willingness to compromise it. You need to be a performer at all times for various mediums of media. Being a great singer is not enough however you can make a career of being a poor singer if you are willing to parade around half naked so people are more interested in your breasts than anything you might have coming out of your mouth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    To be fair, she had the credentials to judge on X Factor because she went through the process on Popstars. And the 'judges' are just mouthpieces for the production team anyway. They could train parrots to do their job.

Jus because she went through the process, doesnt automatically qualify her to judge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redcherry wrote: »
    Jus because she went through the process, doesnt automatically qualify her to judge.

What does then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does then?

Blind men don't judge beauty contests. Cheryl Cole judging talent is pretty much that, a beautiful woman that can't carry a tune in a bucket shouldn't be telling others they lack the talent to succeed. She doesn't but she has done well for herself so it's a bit hypocritical.
    Forum Member
    Blind men don't judge beauty contests. Cheryl Cole judging talent is pretty much that, a beautiful woman that can't carry a tune in a bucket shouldn't be telling others they lack the talent to succeed. She doesn't but she has done well for herself so it's a bit hypocritical.

Well, she isn't deaf, is she? She can hear and judge based on that. Also, she knows what it takes to make it in the business, she can see if someone has "it" factor, aside form talent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She isn't much of a singer, that's for sure, but she was a better judge than Kelly Rowland - and she CAN sing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She isn't much of a singer, that's for sure, but she was a better judge than Kelly Rowland - and she CAN sing.

Kelly Rowland started for forget it was about a successful act being found, not her self promotion or team tactics. I think she mistook it for The Voice in a way. Cowell and his machine would have rewarded her more if she'd played the rules on his gameshow as he saw fit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does then?

Being able to sing, or at least hold a note. Jedward and Wagner also went through the process - funny how they are not on a judging panel.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redcherry wrote: »
    Being able to sing, or at least hold a note. Jedward and Wagner also went through the process - funny how they are not on a judging panel.

why?

so everytone who passes an opinion on this board about Cheryl's singing ability should prove their own singing credentials before we take their opinion seiously?

and have you heard Louis Walsh or Cowell sing...or any of the other judges:o

we have art critics who can't paint, theatre critics who can't act...i don't see why a judge on a trivial talent show need be an expert singer in order to be able to hear good or bad singing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Sharon Osbourne is much of a singer, but she was my favourite XF judge :):)
    Forum Member
    I doubt Sharon Osbourne is much of a singer, but she was my favourite XF judge :):)

I've never hears Cowell sing either, but he knows who has some chances in the industry and how to make it happen.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I've never hears Cowell sing either, but he knows who has some chances in the industry and how to make it happen.

he doesn't give a sh!t if someone can sing .... as long as they 'sell' and are 'marketable' ........... kerching kerching

he's no better than a pimp imho

P.S Simon Cowell producer of Teletubbies, Zig and Zag, and the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.... what a 'talent scout' :D