Forum Member
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Ok, sorry for asking

It's ok. Im sorry if my response came off a bit 'bitchy'.:(
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Of course not. Its a cinematic trailer like the one for dead island. Its purpose is to set the mood for the game, not show off flash visuals.

It does look like it could be good based on that. Just a shame us on PS4 wont be getting it. Oh well, Zombie games scare me anyway :D
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    It's ok. Im sorry if my response came off a bit 'bitchy'.:(

Sorry, I reacted bad too, full of man cold and over-sensitive ha!
    Forum Member
    munta wrote: »
    It does look like it could be good based on that. Just a shame us on PS4 wont be getting it. Oh well, Zombie games scare me anyway :D

Dying Light is multi-platform though and looking good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dying Light is multi-platform though and looking good

OT in this thread so I'll keep it brief. Looks good however, the voice acting is soooo wooden and it doesn't have the humour of the original DR so I think I'll give it a miss :)
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Microsoft to give away a £40+ third party game for free with every console?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/425218/cvg-sources-microsoft-to-reveal-major-third-party-game-comes-free-with-xbox-one/

(I think this deserves is own thread)
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This major game, the source said, is the "unique Xbox One exclusive" that Microsoft executive Phil Spencer said was being saved for a Gamescom announcement.

Looks like maybe a Kinect game? and it's not multiplatorm game. Hmm, we'll find out tomorrow anyway!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    FIFA being mentioned as the free game. Hope so. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Rawowl wrote: »
    FIFA being mentioned as the free game. Hope so. :)

It'll not be FIFA if it's being called a "unique Xbox One exclusive", FIFA is on every platform under the sun, plus an annual football game is hardly "unique".

From a personally biased viewpoint, I really hope it's not FIFA, i can't bloody stand football, free game or not.
    Forum Member
    Apparently, big news will start rolling in from 10am tomorrow.

The internet has been really funny since the rumor of a free game has leaked.

Comments such as 'The ps4 with Fifa is still cheaper' and 'We have nothing to worry about the ps4 will still win' always make me smile. Its certainly ruffled a few feathers.MS can't do anything right in some peoples eyes, even when offering games for free.
    Forum Member
    I don't know what it is with machine owners but it has been the same since day 1 when the Spectrum and C64 game out.Just buy what you like, or both, and be done with it. We're going into an interesting era, because who knows what the next 7 years will hold, let's just all enjoy ourselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently, big news will start rolling in from 10am tomorrow.

The internet has been really funny since the rumor of a free game has leaked.

Comments such as 'The ps4 with Fifa is still cheaper' and 'We have nothing to worry about the ps4 will still win' always make me smile. Its certainly ruffled a few feathers.MS can't do anything right in some peoples eyes, even when offering games for free.

I'm certainly not a fan of Xbox but the market needs competition. I actually feel bad for MS and the mess they have made. Hats off to MS is trying to get some more sales. Having said that, I would prefer it if MS could do so without exclusives and thus denying PS4 owners from games. So I'm really hoping FIFA hasn't gone Xbox. But other than that MS should give away as many games as they need to to get some market share and to give Sony some real competition.
    Forum Member
    Fifa hasn't gone xbox at all, that would cost a fortune. Rumours at the moment are that they are simply bundling it with the console at no extra cost.

A little off topic on a 'positive' thread but some people must really hate Microsoft. Some of the stuff I've read today is borderline insane, from a poster suggesting that Sony should release a Fifa bundle for £390 and pay to have it displayed next to Microsofts offering to a guy who said he would rather die than purchase a Microsoft device and this changes nothing. (Although these were on less mature forums such as reddit and neogaf)

Microsoft may come across as a little 'desperate' but it us as consumers that are getting free stuff and added bonuses from their desperation. We should be celebrating moves like this, not calling names and mocking them.
    Forum Member
    I don't know what it is with machine owners but it has been the same since day 1 when the Spectrum and C64 game out.Just buy what you like, or both, and be done with it. We're going into an interesting era, because who knows what the next 7 years will hold, let's just all enjoy ourselves.

Excellent post.
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Microsoft may come across as a little 'desperate' but it us as consumers that are getting free stuff and added bonuses from their desperation. We should be celebrating moves like this, not calling names and mocking them.

I disagree about celebrating Microsoft throwing money at games because it does come across as desperate. The real winners here are EA because Microsoft will have had to pay for every copy of FIFA for every Xbox One that has sold (even if the buyers don't want to play it) for doing absolutely nothing its a win-win for them and they will sell a shed-load on current systems and the PS4.

This partnership with EA is not good for the industry IMO and it's cynical as they have had ties with Mattrick and Moore. Same goes for Platinum who have basically became a gun for hire developer. Sony have their partnership with Ubisoft with the hour+ of gameplay with Watch_Dogs and AC4. Also, Bungie for Destiny both in marketing and DLC and Rockstar (GTA V marketing and bundles) We're moving away from 3rd party exclusive to exclusive DLC, modes/features/gameplay, and marketing deals fragmenting the industry.

The game might not be FIFA anyway!
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's no Fifa, I hate football.
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    WOOHOO!!!

COD Ghosts comes bundled with X1!

Dedicated Servers on the cloud!

Fable 4 co op!

Peggle 2!!

I know what I am most definitely getting now! :D

Now to pre order for the first time in my life!:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    WOOHOO!!!

COD Ghosts comes bundled with X1!

Dedicated Servers on the cloud!

Fable 4 co op!

Peggle 2!!

I know what I am most definitely getting now! :D

Now to pre order for the first time in my life!:o
    COD does not come bundled free. Sorry!
    Forum Member
    munta wrote: »
    COD does not come bundled free. Sorry!

Since posting that, I realise its not free but comes with the console at a price. I know its the FIFA one thats free. Fanks :D

But my excitement hasn't lessened any :D:D
    Forum Member
    Lots of good news for us today guys.

So far......
    • Fifa 14 free for every pre order in europe
    • Ryse confirmed to have Co-op and 'Gladiator' mode
    • 20 Game strong launch line up
    • New fable game announced with 4 player co-op
    • Call of Duty: Ghosts confirmed to have exclusive content and dedicated servers
    • Fifa 14 UT Legends mode exclusives
    • Tom Clancy’s The Division will get exclusive Xbox One content
    • Great Indie developler incentives
    • Developers of Minecraft making new game for Xbox 360 and Xbox One
    • Plants vs Zombies GW and Peggle 2 coming to Xbox One first
    Forum Member
    http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/

Live EA conference... Might get to look at our free game!:D
    Forum Member
    Lots of good news for us today guys.

So far......
    • Fifa 14 free for every pre order in europe
    • Ryse confirmed to have Co-op and 'Gladiator' mode
    • 20 Game strong launch line up
    • New fable game announced with 4 player co-op
    • Call of Duty: Ghosts confirmed to have exclusive content and dedicated servers
    • Fifa 14 UT Legends mode exclusives
    • Tom Clancy’s The Division will get exclusive Xbox One content
    • Great Indie developler incentives
    • Developers of Minecraft making new game for Xbox 360 and Xbox One
    • Plants vs Zombies GW and Peggle 2 coming to Xbox One first

That all sounds great :D

Is everyone in this thread getting it on launch day?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    That all sounds great :D

Is everyone in this thread getting it on launch day?

Not me. I'm not interested in Xbox. I am interested in positive competition for the PS4 though :)