Options

Love Island

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I love trashy reality, is it as grim as The Valleys and Geordie Shore? Can't wait.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love trashy reality, is it as grim as The Valleys and Geordie Shore? Can't wait.
    Nah not quite MTV :kitty:
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Nah not quite MTV :kitty:

Ah well, I can settle for pretty idiots arguing over other pretty idiots.
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like many of them. Johnathan and Lauren seem like nice people. Jordan and josh are okay as well. Danielle is an intesting character but didn't get to see much of her tonight. However most of them are vile. I did really feel for Lauren that no one stepped forward for her and when Jordan found out he was going to be with her,I sympathised when she was crying especially as they all seem to be models of some kind,I can imagine that being quite intimidating.

The house is incredible and the pool puts all big brother pools to shame.

The twins look like they'll ruffles a few feathers. Jessica is receiving all the attention unsurprisingly.

I'll give this a go for the first week or so. Feel a bit "meh" about it at the moment
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Look forward to seeing it develop now those twins are in. Jess is hot
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying it on catch up but it is sad that people this shallow exist.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Biggest load of shite I've seen for ages, it even makes the soaps look good.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »
    Never seen so many dogs on one show. If i was one of the guys on there i'd go gay
    Crufts?
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No black people!
  • Options
    2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The men are vile the way they talk about the women. They all look like geordie/essex/Joey Essex. Im sure ive seen them all before somewhere, or they just all look the same as the other reality men with their eyebrows and muscles. Just no originality on these shows anymore.
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Celebrity love island was the best. .I remember watching this first time around..feel a bit like an old slapper perving on young boys this time!
  • Options
    jez37jez37 Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it and found it to be the biggest pile of shite!!

I don't think BB has anything to worry about tbh.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    No black people!

Apart from Lindford Christie's beauty queen niece and Luis you mean?
  • Options
    PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's as if this programme was created in order to find the most vacant, narcissistic, self centred egotists in Britain. I sincerely doubt that anyone will find 'Love' in this place, apart from for themselves, which they all seem to have by the wheelbarrow load.
    ITV would be better off simply calling this 'Shag Island' or 'STD Isle'.
    As for those twins, sure they look OK, but you can't pretend to be an Italian stud muffin.......with a Yorkshire accent, those two have ego's which are considerably larger than the island itself.
    I quite like the cockney lad "I'm a builder, well actually I'm a plastic builder I don't like getting dirty.......but I like reading the paper and drinking tea"
    He sounds like the bloke that built my mums extension 😩
    I'm not sure how many nights I can watch this detritus.......probably until the 'Italians' get thrown in the pool and their clothes cut to ribbons in revenge attacks
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    It was awful. What a bunch of unlikeable people!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was unwatchable. I managed about 40 minutes and switched it off. I may be out of the pulling game these days but for the life of me I cannot see what any woman would find remotely attractive about the men. Completely self obsessed, arrogant and disrespectful. That said, some of the girls weren't much better. They really are welcome to each other
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I actually quite enjoyed this, yes it was very light, and slightly trashy, but sometimes that's what you want! :)
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know whether to watch or not, I'm kinda over the trashy vile nature of most UK reality TV. I don't know if a bunch of over preened tanned wannabes will do it for me anymore.
  • Options
    PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd welcome more screen time for the wannabe dollop who got photographed with Zayn from 1D.........if only to get a better look at the tattoos that Stevie Wonder did on her arms.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just caught up with this.

Whilst it was trashy tv at its best, I sort of enjoyed it. I see all of them as cartoon characters.

Everyone is so shallow and self-obsessed that I find myself sitting on my sofa lauging at them, all the time they think they are being "sick" (is that the phrase????!)

I'll watch again tonight but not sure I can last the 5 or 6 weeks its on!
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw five minutes last night and thought, can anyone really watch such a mindless, low brow pile of junk as this? The original was a horrendous enough show, with obnoxious z listers dossing about( survived two episdes and switched off), so what moron at Shite TV re commissioned this.
    Apart from twentysomething women who buy HEAT magazine, and consider TOWIE to be a high class drama, I doubt anyone else will bother with Love Island.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Saw five minutes last night and thought, can anyone really watch such a mindless, low brow pile of junk as this? The original was a horrendous enough show, with obnoxious z listers dossing about( survived two episdes and switched off), so what moron at Shite TV re commissioned this.
    Apart from twentysomething women who buy HEAT magazine, and consider TOWIE to be a high class drama, I doubt anyone else will bother with Love Island.

That is definitely not me
  • Options
    EvilsamEvilsam Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Proper trash TV but strangely enjoyable. reminded me of temptation island - now that was utterly brilliant trash TV!
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Evilsam wrote: »
    Proper trash TV but strangely enjoyable. reminded me of temptation island - now that was utterly brilliant trash TV!

Temptation island. .I do remember that
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone please explain the appeal of Jess, the plain faced girl with dodgy home dyed aubergine hair? I've tried but I just don't see it :confused:

The tall blonde model girl is very striking and the posh brunette is naturally pretty, what am I missing about Jess?
This discussion has been closed.