Options

Gwen Stefani - EUGH

Hi847Hi847 Posts: 2,745
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I CANNOT STAND her.

She's one of the most pointless 'celebrities' around. She can't sing, act, design clothes or in fact do anything well. And she looks like a man in drag.

Her 'music' and nails-on-a-blackboard voice are the worst of all though - just listen (if you dare) to her 'Wind It Up' song and you will see what I mean. It is quite possibly the worst song ever made. Why record labels drop talented artists yet sign up dreadful 'artists' like Gwen Stefani is beyond me.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't this be in the music forum then? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :eek: I think she's got a great voice! I find her to be really talented, and I love her songs :)
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike her also.
    Sounds just like Lene Lovich.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi847 wrote: »
    I CANNOT STAND her.

She's one of the most pointless 'celebrities' around. She can't sing, act, design clothes or in fact do anything well. And she looks like a man in drag.

Her 'music' and nails-on-a-blackboard voice are the worst of all though - just listen (if you dare) to her 'Wind It Up' song and you will see what I mean. It is quite possibly the worst song ever made. Why record labels drop talented artists yet sign up dreadful 'artists' like Gwen Stefani is beyond me.

Gwen Stefani is one of the prettiest celebrities IMO, she always looks great even without make-up (Except for the unfortunate no eyebrows stage she had a while back...)
    Her solo music hasn't been entirely to my taste and you picked the worst of the bunch there, but she has a very good voice and in No Doubt her voice is brilliant, as it is now, but the songs are crap. She was singing naturally and fantastically long before all this robotic enhancements that make pop tarts like Rihanna and Britney popular.
    She's not a bad actress from what I've seen but I'm not really qualified to judge her fashion design credentials.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as I saw this thread I knew who would be the OP!!

She clearly can sing as she had success with No Doubt, and as a Solo Artist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with Gwen Stefani, she's harmless. And she looks great.
  • Options
    pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can look a munt.

She can also look nice

Difficult isn't it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she has a great voice and doesn't look bad at all! :eek:
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    I dislike her also.

Then you might need your hearing checked.
  • Options
    samcheesesamcheese Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of her solo stuff. I was a huge No Doubt fan, and was very excited about her solo work, but wasn't my thing.
    I still think she's great though. Always looks amazing, especially when pregnant....she dresses so well.
  • Options
    PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    She was at Wimbledon and looked bored the entire time!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    PANNAL1 wrote: »

So glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. She looked SO pleased to be there - NOT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i was thinking go if you dont like it, you prob got in free , appreciate it!!

i would kill to have been there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. She looked SO pleased to be there - NOT.

Maybe the fact that she is eight months pregnant had something to do with her feeling (and looking) slightly uncomfortable sitting down for that long.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    I liked Gwen in No Doubt, but I'm not keen on her solo stuff.

As a person I think she is alright and I did feel for her having to sit there for that long on Sunday watching the tennis when she is heavily pregnant. It must have been very uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That explains a lot! she prob thought it would be over quite quickly and the rain delays didnt help!
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    She can sing, not my favourite by any stretch, but she can obviously sing, she has her own style, maintains a seemingly stable, happy relationship with her husband, steers clear of any scandal and appears to be a nice person - seriously, what's to hate about her :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The No Doubt version of 'It's my life' is actually better than the original - and I love the original. Gwen is a bit different to your run of the mill, bland popstrels, but I like her.

''Don't Speak' is one of the best power ballads of all time, and "Hollaback Girl" is a brilliant song for the gym :-)

And I think she has a very unique sense of style, too. I'd be miserable if I'd had to sit still for five hours at eight months pregnant.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PANNAL1 wrote: »

I was going to say exactly this, she did not look happy to be there one bit did she!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps because she is very very pregnant and perhaps because her good friend Federer took a beating. ?

I do not like her type of pop music.Her clothes are great though and she is not chocolate box pretty but she has style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    I dislike her also.

I wonder if that's the first time Lene Lovich has got a mention on DS! :)

I still love Lucky Number! Fab song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I love Gwen, she is one of the very few celebrities that doesn't bug the hell out of me!
  • Options
    SuperTed187SuperTed187 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way she cavorts around with a group of asian girls like they are some kind of novely accessory.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think she is a great singer and so pretty too.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    lea27 wrote: »
    I was going to say exactly this, she did not look happy to be there one bit did she!:D

she was there for a few days wasn't she, I think she must be keen, just doesn't show it?