IOS7 beta 2

Comments

• IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a number, it could be wrong in one direction or another. You get a better idea if you measure the time between charging it and till the battery dies.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same as normal, but it used to be about 91-92% by that point

Cheers.

I'm still tempted to give it a spin, for those reasons and also as KieranDS reported, that most of the lag seems to be gone.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    davybhoy wrote: »
    They make profit and I save $91 so win win

Or you could just of waited until September and pay nothing for the full release, so win win win :p
    Also if they do what they have done in the last and suspend those developer accounts along with all the UDIDs attached to them then I bet you won't be saying win win then ;)
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Is there any way to get this for free without waiting months ?
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    Is there any way to get this for free without waiting months ?

You can if you know someone with a developer account that can add your UDID to Apples developer database.
    If I were you I'd wait until its ready to be released as its only a Beta and is slightly buggy. There is a reason its only meant to be available to developers first.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    You can if you know someone with a developer account that can add your UDID to Apples developer database.
    If I were you I'd wait until its ready to be released as its only a Beta and is slightly buggy. There is a reason its only meant to be available to developers first.

Thank you for the advice :)
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foolishly loaded Beta 2 on my iphone..
    hate it.. hate the look, feel, everything.

Thats it for me... when this thing gets rolled out, I'm off.. Apple have lost the plot
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »

Thats it for me... when this thing gets rolled out, I'm off.. Apple have lost the plot

You might as well switch now if your contract allows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sod it .. Beta 2 here we come ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Funny isn't it how we view things differently? I live it! It's modern, fast and has many new features I would now miss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hhmmm .. beta 2 doesn't want to sync .. restored the backups without a problem, but it didn't start syncing the music back on to the phone.

knowing me, i'm missing something obvious :)

#edit ..

durrr .. i am ..syncing now .. :o
    Forum Member
    Hhmmm .. beta 2 doesn't want to sync .. restored the backups without a problem, but it didn't start syncing the music back on to the phone.

knowing me, i'm missing something obvious :)

#edit ..

durrr .. i am ..syncing now .. :o

If you'd have selected update instead of restore then you wouldn't of needed to sync backups and music.
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you'd have selected update instead of restore then you wouldn't of needed to sync backups and music.
    You can't go from iOS 6 to iOS 7 beta via OTA update. It has to be done via a restore install.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roush wrote: »
    You can't go from iOS 6 to iOS 7 beta via OTA update. It has to be done via a restore install.

Exactly. I just forgot to un-tick 'manually manage music'. It's still running, but then I do have 8,556 songs on the phone :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hhmm .. anyone else have any trouble restoring backups on to Beta 2 ?

Doesn't seem to want to do mine - did a local and icloud backup before installing Beta 2, but seems to have lost a lot of settings ..

Restored everything, including apps, just fine with Beta 1
    Forum Member
    Roush wrote: »

Not via OTA, you select the Update option while connected to iTunes. Hold the Shift key, click Update, select file and voila.
    I know its so as I didn't it myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not via OTA, you select the Update option while connected to iTunes. Hold the Shift key, click Update, select file and voila.
    I know its so as I didn't it myself.

did you restore your phone to a 'clean' version of 6.1.3 first though?

that's the procedure i followed as i understood that you had to update 7 on top of a clean 6.1.3 ..
    Forum Member
    did you restore your phone to a 'clean' version of 6.1.3 first though?

that's the procedure i followed as i understood that you had to update 7 on top of a clean 6.1.3 ..

You only needed to do that if you was running a jailbreak.
    I didn't need to as I was already on the latest version of iOS6.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You only needed to do that if you was running a jailbreak.
    I didn't need to as I was already on the latest version of iOS6.

Thanks for that. I'm going to flash back to 6.1.3 and restore the backup I took before I started all this and then just do an update. Should solve the problem I suspect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All done at last. It had to re-sync all the music for whatever reason - again - but then I just let it get on with it.

had a quick play with it and while i still don't think it's 100% buttery smooth, it's a big improvement on B1 and looks good. Can finally go out now .. heh :)
    Forum Member
    All done at last. It had to re-sync all the music for whatever reason - again - but then I just let it get on with it.

had a quick play with it and while i still don't think it's 100% buttery smooth, it's a big improvement on B1 and looks good. Can finally go out now .. heh :)

Music doesn't get stored in the backup other than any purchases from iTunes. I gather you didn't sync them back when you restored back to iOS6?
    At least your up and running now.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Restored back to 6.1.3 but now certain apps won't open and keeps freezing up.
    the messaging in ios 7 looked dreadful, all white keyboard and neon green highlighting..ugly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Restored back to 6.1.3 but now certain apps won't open and keeps freezing up.
    the messaging in ios 7 looked dreadful, all white keyboard and neon green highlighting..ugly

I mentioned in another thread, I'm really concerned about some of the screenshots that I've seen. Music and Messahing are two particular examples.

Why does the keyboard take up more than half of the vertical screen space on a 4/4S? Why is the text at the top so large that nowhere near as much information fits on the screen as before? These all seem like very odd decisions.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone found many apps so far that don't work with the iOS 7 beta?
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Anyone found many apps so far that don't work with the iOS 7 beta?

The only one I've noticed is Instagram doesn't play video in iOS7. It remains static like a picture.