breaking bad : overrated?

Comments

• BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I am halfway through the second season and I have to say that up to now it is overrated. None of the characters are very sympathetic or interesting to me either.
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    I know it's all subjective, but The Wire is absolute shite! It's not even in the same ballpark as Breaking Bad, let alone the same league.

Blasphemy. To me, The Wire is far superior.
    fred5444 wrote: »
    It's underrated if anything.

Are you joking? You never hear the end of people hyping it up.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    d3nium wrote: »
    The Wire is boring, very boring. BB is the greatest TV show ever created.

I thought that too but stuck with it and it's amazing
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wire for the poor man.

Lol both very good shows in their own right. For me The Wire is the best TV show for the 2000s and Breaking Bad the best this decade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    The writing, acting, attention to detail, the emotion, the plot are all fantastic and well worth watching. It takes a little while to get started but when it gets to the end of S2 and beyond it really is a masterpiece.

In short, not it isn't overrated. Best TV I have ever watched
  • packerbullypackerbully Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it is not over rated
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's overrated at all, truly one of the best shows I've ever watched. It had me hooked from episode one.
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only if you're a moron.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Not only is it the best thing that has ever been on TV, it's also very addictive.

From the last episode, I went straight back to the first one and I'm seeing lots of things I missed and understand a lot more with hindsight.

People say it's a slow burner but that just means that you don't get a big OMG! moment in every episode and that's because it's about the characters. Once you care (one way or the other) about the characters, what then happens to them has much more gravitas. It's the correct way TV should be done, but in other shows they so often put a whiz-bang moment in just for ratings. This show didn't - they got it so right.
    Forum Member
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    Are you joking? You never hear the end of people hyping it up.

But that's just it. No one is hyping it up.
  • Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen this, but does anyone know why it hasn't been shown on 'proper' telly yet?
    I'll probably download ep1 and see what it's about ...
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen this, but does anyone know why it hasn't been shown on 'proper' telly yet?
    I'll probably download ep1 and see what it's about ...

It's because the first two seasons set up the story and characters and by some people's thinking, that is slow and boring and nothing much happens. It's the MTV instant fix generation that is to blame.

However, if you are into character driven storylines then even the first two seasons are great.

After having set it all up, season 3 starts to bring the rewards: the action, the intensity the OMG moments.

Season 4 it just the greatest WTF!! TV ever created.

Season 5: Just when you thought they had done it all in season 4, you were very very much mistaken. Don't bother trying to guess the ending or you will get nowhere. Just enjoy.

So they screened a few on a satellite and obscure channel 5 channel and it didn't grip the quick fix generation and so didn't attract the viewers and so the didn't show the following seasons.

That was a epic mistake on a par with turning down managing the Beatles.

Their loss!

Get it on disc or download it and watch it late at night on your own. No interruptions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or better still just watch jt on netflix :)
  • JonahTakaluaJonahTakalua Posts: 2,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say is that I got put off from watching it because people went on and on about it and I kept thinking that it was all about hype

I MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER.

I finally got round to watching it over a month ago and now I only have the final episode to watch. It's been amazing, such a rollercoaster ride. The writing is absolutely incredible and there have been quite a few moments where I have been open mouthed at what I had just seen.

If you havn't watched it, please give it a try!

If you have watched a few episodes, stick with it! I guarantee it will blow your mind!
    Forum Member
    All I can say is that I got put off from watching it because people went on and on about it and I kept thinking that it was all about hype

I MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER.

I finally got round to watching it over a month ago and now I only have the final episode to watch. It's been amazing, such a rollercoaster ride. The writing is absolutely incredible and there have been quite a few moments where I have been open mouthed at what I had just seen.

If you havn't watched it, please give it a try!

If you have watched a few episodes, stick with it! I guarantee it will blow your mind!

Well I only started watching it because I had nothing else to watch and everyone kept say how great it was. They were right! it's that good that it's not even TV, it's a way of life.

You will enjoy the last episode it ends correctly. Other than that I wouldn't dream of saying anything about it and spoil what you are about to see.

I have just finished myself and gone straight back to the beginning and listening to all the ironical things they say with no idea of where they are going. Almost finished season one in one night!
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wire for the poor man.

In my opinion I agree, found it to be badly scripted, acting so so and not very engaging. It's fair to say that as my opinion is personal and opinions cannot be stated as fact.
    Forum Member
    In my opinion I agree, found it to be badly scripted, acting so so and not very engaging. It's fair to say that as my opinion is personal and opinions cannot be stated as fact.

How much of it did you watch?
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched it over the last two weeks end to end, It's great it reminds me of a darker weeds brilliant show imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm assuming you only watched one or two episodes then :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Havent seen the show as i have about 5 million other things on the go, but best thing on TV ???? Hmm Game of Thrones, Walking Dead spring to mind .:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    anarchy99 wrote: »
    Havent seen the show as i have about 5 million other things on the go, but best thing on TV ???? Hmm Game of Thrones, Walking Dead spring to mind .:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you haven't seen it, why comment?
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Jackapple wrote: »
    Its only overrated to people who dont get it, the poor buggers.

Yes we should feel sorry and have great sympathy for people who didn't get Breaking Bad. How can they live without having that experience in their lives?

Maybe one day there will be a cure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people think rewatching breaking bad and you pick up on new things wait till you watch and rewatch game of Thrones. Its like a totally new show second time round where you actually know what's happening lol.

I tried to rewatch breaking bad but got bored by the penultimate 2nd season episode as I wasn't picking up anything new. Great show definitely but there's better shows out there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member

What springs to mind, is me thinking why are you in this thread commenting on whether it's the best show on tv or not when you haven't even seen it?

shaggy_x wrote: »
    If people think rewatching breaking bad and you pick up on new things wait till you watch and rewatch game of Thrones. Its like a totally new show second time round where you actually know what's happening lol.

I tried to rewatch breaking bad but got bored by the penultimate 2nd season episode as I wasn't picking up anything new. Great show definitely but there's better shows out there.

Love both shows, I've seen Game Of Throne twice now and Breaking Bad twice as well. Don't think I could have another re watch of Game Of Throne for at least another year, but I could defenitely start Breaking Bad again soon. Best show ever made.
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are utter garbage. I've never watched either of them, by the way.

Do you see?
  • LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best show ever made !!!