virgin credit check how strict ?

Hello All,

I am thinking about ordering virgin, My credit file isnt great am on the way to repairing it, But still affects me,

Can anyone tell me how strict it is ? Never been with virgin or NTL before

Comments

• mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like most other companies, they will probably just use one of the main Credit Reference agencies such as Equifax or Experian. What they allow for I do not know though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Yeah what i thought, any other info anyone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is the same...when i joined in feb they where going through the ntl-virgin change at the time...the 1st time i rang up they said they would have to do a credit check..which came back negative so my nan had to deposit £100 to them and after 6 months i would get it back but later on when i rang them again they lost all my details but they didnt ask for the £100 deposit...

Aweek or so later they came round and installed it all in..had no probs since..
  • GlastoGirlGlastoGirl Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Hi Jake,
    VM rarely decline unless extreme circumstances like bankruptcy. They will probably add conditions of sale to your account like a £100 pre-payment, a credit limit and/or a premium rate bar.
    Hope this helps :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GlastoGirl wrote: »
    Hi Jake,
    VM rarely decline unless extreme circumstances like bankruptcy. They will probably add conditions of sale to your account like a £100 pre-payment, a credit limit and/or a premium rate bar.

Iam not bankrupt its just my credit rating..thats all.
    Forum Member
    then the worst it will be is the £100 deposit I should think
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    If you have money in the bank,they are quite happy to take it out.
    Forum Member
    Hi Jake,

ok cheers, i dont mind 100 quid deposit, Do you work for VM then ?
  • AlferdPackerAlferdPacker Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have money in the bank,they are quite happy to take it out.

Here we go. There can never be a thread on this site that isnt turned into Virgin Media bashing.
    Forum Member
    Yes I do but shhhh keep it quiet!
    Forum Member
    Yes I do but shhhh keep it quiet!

ok cool, Well im not bankrupt i do have 2 ccj's though one ive cleared the other will be shortly,

i hope i dont get a direct no is it instant decision during the sales call ? much the same as bt where i work
    Forum Member
    If the outcome is £100 deposit or better then it will be an instant decision. If you can pay the £100 there and then with a credit or debit card you will get an install date.

If your CCJ creates a 'referral' then it will be a couple more days and I can't say what the outcome will be because it will be a manual decision.

Unlikely to be a referral though I would have thought.
    Good luck!

GG
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    Hi Jake,

I got turned down and despite offering a pre payment, or imposing any sort of limit they refuse point blank to even consider. A no is an emhpatic NO even if you write to thier accounts department and even if you write to head office and even if you write to virgin HQ.
    Even if your a customer of virgin/exntl for 9 years on top packages for the whole time a no is still no it seems.
    Forum Member
    daveetwo wrote: »
    I got turned down and despite offering a pre payment, or imposing any sort of limit they refuse point blank to even consider. A no is an emhpatic NO even if you write to thier accounts department and even if you write to head office and even if you write to virgin HQ.
    Even if your a customer of virgin/exntl for 9 years on top packages for the whole time a no is still no it seems.

mmmm thats not filling me with confidence
    Forum Member
    jakemuk wrote: »
    mmmm thats not filling me with confidence

Just give it a try they can at worst say no and at best let you have it. I just couldnt see the logic why they refused any sort of compromise.
    Virgin mobile consider themselves a totally different company from virgin media so they wont even look at a customers track record with virgin media.
    Head office of virgin mobile didnt even answer my letter.
    Its not enough for me to move from virgin media but i will never ever use virgin mobile and this is from someone who is a big branson fan.
    Forum Member
    daveetwo wrote: »
    Just give it a try they can at worst say no and at best let you have it. I just couldnt see the logic why they refused any sort of compromise.
    Virgin mobile consider themselves a totally different company from virgin media so they wont even look at a customers track record with virgin media.
    Head office of virgin mobile didnt even answer my letter.
    Its not enough for me to move from virgin media but i will never ever use virgin mobile and this is from someone who is a big branson fan.

i dont want the mobile service is that what you got refused for ? i only want tv and broadband so in essence no credit realy needed apart from a fixed ammount low risk woulda thought 25 a month
    Forum Member
    i dont want the mobile service is that what you got refused for ? i only want tv and broadband so in essence no credit realy needed apart from a fixed ammount low risk woulda thought 25 a month

Sorry jake i misread your post. yes it was mobile i got turned down for.
    Youl find virgin media a different proposition i believe.
    Never had problems there apart from some screwed up bills but that all got resolved. Go for it.
    Forum Member
    " Go for it. "

seconded :-)
    Forum Member
    " Go for it. "

seconded :-)

well glasto as you know ;)

I got accepted all be it 100 quid deposit but thats all cool,

and im goin for quickstart so even better, question is with quickstart do you pay install hope not as im doing it ?
    Forum Member
    well done!
    sorry I don't know about Quickstart, I'm not in sales specifically - you should have asked them!
  • dave_dphdave_dph Posts: 218
    Forum Member

and im goin for quickstart so even better, question is with quickstart do you pay install hope not as im doing it ?

If you opt for quick start then there is no install fee as you are doing it yourself!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wel done and welcome to virgin...enjoy..we all do really..just dont tell anyone..:)
  • hurrikane313hurrikane313 Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello All,

I am thinking about ordering virgin, My credit file isnt great am on the way to repairing it, But still affects me,

Can anyone tell me how strict it is ? Never been with virgin or NTL before

I probably have the worst credit rating in the world, due to incurring financial difficulties after a family members death. But I never had any problems with getting VM, ordered it online and was installed five days later.