It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 11)

Comments

• Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not blocked - banned from Facebook. Whole account zapped. Same happened to me and many of us, just for making really mild comments, nothing excessive or T&C breaking.

:eek::eek:
    Just re-read his email, you're right, he has been banned. :mad:
    Absolutely outrageous behaviour.......are we now living in a police state where you aren't allowed to voice an opinion! :mad:
  • JOSWolfJOSWolf Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 are a disgrace. Some of the comments that Ford is coming out with are laughable.
    I mean come on. Does he really think 40 minutes of edited highlights is being honest with the viewing public? I don't think so Jeff!
    As for the banning of people on facebook because of their views, that is simply outrageous and another example of how channel 5 treat loyal big brother fans with contempt!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,538
    Forum Member
    Has anyone else on here heard that C5 have been planning to visit the house for the odd 10 - 15 mins during the day between programming for the regular series?

Or is it just me - cant remember where I read it, but I think it was the same time I read that the advertisers were not happy with the viewing figs compared to what they have been promised.

I should have paid more attention, but I have been waiting to hear about it on here for real? :)
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    xtglx wrote: »
    Has anyone else on here heard that C5 have been planning to visit the house for the odd 10 - 15 mins during the day between programming for the regular series?

Or is it just me - cant remember where I read it, but I think it was the same time I read that the advertisers were not happy with the viewing figs compared to what they have been promised.

I should have paid more attention, but I have been waiting to hear about it on here for real? :)

havent heard about anything at all but they can keep their 10/15 mins here and there as it wont make any difference,a token gesture.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Many of the threads on the front page are about Bit On The Side, I don't remember people discussing the spin offs so much before!
  • billieannbillieann Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :mad:This must be the biggest joke on the planet, social media my ass, FB page not updated for 11hrs, come on ,man up C5 get the actual LF sorted, you are insulting us with this pathetic charade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xtglx wrote: »

To my knowledge, that's not going to happen. But if the viewing figures go the way I think they will, no doubt they'll try anything, including limited live feed.

The ONLY reason for no LF is so they have complete control. Not cost. They're scared of having another Shilpagate incident - so why they encourage stuff like Sweatgate is beyond me. But there's no logic to their thinking. It's all just a horrible mess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant wait till the main show starts (during school term time) when the whole thing comes crashing down like a zeppelin on fire.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,538
    Forum Member
    To my knowledge, that's not going to happen. But if the viewing figures go the way I think they will, no doubt they'll try anything, including limited live feed.

The ONLY reason for no LF is so they have complete control. Not cost. They're scared of having another Shilpagate incident - so why they encourage stuff like Sweatgate is beyond me. But there's no logic to their thinking. It's all just a horrible mess.

Yeah, I agree. And I think they want something controversial to happen, but only if its x rated knowing C5. :rolleyes:

I think 'if' they did the small cuts to the house, it would probably be used as a marketing tool - snippets of them in daft costumes before a task, or a brief shot of a party before the highlights show. I wont be switching channels though, theres quite a bit to look forward to in the autumn schedules (Bring on an 'Idiot Abroad 2' and 'Spooks' for me! :D)
  • Mrs VimesMrs Vimes Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    billieann wrote: »
    :mad:This must be the biggest joke on the planet, social media my ass, FB page not updated for 11hrs, come on ,man up C5 get the actual LF sorted, you are insulting us with this pathetic charade.

The biggest joke is the number of people who tick the like box on each new offering it seems to average out at somewhere between 40 and 50 at best and considering this is supposed to be the great new way their target audience now prefer as a way of interacting with the show it doesn't look like there's much interacting going on :eek::confused::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think with jed and ward in the house they will get the teeny vote and have a massive fan base however when the normal series of bb 12 starts on friday this deffo wont be the case also the housemates going into the house will know there will be no lf so they can doss round until the numbers get less and less.

as in cbb we will see 12? housemates going in on friday and wont see them again until the saturday evening show which will be a rehash of the housemates going in on friday!

i still have no idea what the house really looks like and where everything is despite it being on for 2/3 weeks

and i bet the cbb best bits from the house will be the same clips we've already seen about a million times!

ill describe this show in a word LAME:rolleyes:
  • billieannbillieann Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed spookydookey, I haven't a baldy about the layout of the house either, usually we know were the bedroom is situated etc , this year I couldn't say where one door leads to. Its a joke,they really need to rethink their strategy if they want to have any veiwers at all for BB12.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weirdly enough BB last night received its highest rating since Sally's eviction. It got 2.5m. I thought it would keep going down!
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Weirdly enough BB last night received its highest rating since Sally's eviction. It got 2.5m. I thought it would keep going down!

it's basically settled between 2.0 - 2.5 million per night if you take away saturday nights.
    in saying that 2.5 was higher than i expected
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much for the live feed ax driving people away. Considering Ireland can't get Five and even in the UK they can't be received by as many people, I think the figures are great. I would love the live feed to be back but I bet Five won't ever bother if the viewers keep tuning in. As for them banning people that is crazy but I guess it is a case of it's my Facebook page and I will cry ifi want to.

PJ
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Cant wait till the main show starts (during school term time) when the whole thing comes crashing down like a zeppelin on fire.:D

I hadn't thought of that. I guess they will try and stick to a 9pm highlights show at the latest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    So much for the live feed ax driving people away. Considering Ireland can't get Five and even in the UK they can't be received by as many people, I think the figures are great. I would love the live feed to be back but I bet Five won't ever bother if the viewers keep tuning in. As for them banning people that is crazy but I guess it is a case of it's my Facebook page and I will cry ifi want to.

PJ

I for one never expected this CBB to do badly not with Jedward in the house ;) They are IMHO a modern day version of Charlie Chaplin, they may drive some people nuts :D but they make a large section of CH5 target audience smile if not laugh out loud something much needed in todays current climate and there is very little on TV at the moment .to compete with them.

Normal BB is a totally different ball game, CH5 has done a bit of clever timing starting the normal one while the CBB one is finishing and hoping to hold on to the viewers who have been draw in,by CBB, I reckon it will take a week at least of "normal" BB for us to see how well this works and see if the viewers continue to watch or drop away in droves as they lose interest :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blimmy I must be bored :o

CH5 fives big brother facebook page is ticked as liked by 68,373

which means that if the average number of ticks for each update is 50 (I'm being kind here)

that means for every 1 person who continues to like the offerings CH5 are posting 1,367.46 others have not :eek:

Leaves me wondering just how many ticked the Like box when the page first appeared who have given up revisiting it but not bothered to un-tick the page :eek::confused::D
  • jettajetta Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really surprised that Channel 5 has had so much power over Facebook. Getting people totally removed from Facebook just for complaining about live feed is squashing what democracy is all about.

So, if rebels in Libya had been thrown off Facebook for complaining about Gaddafi on a Libyan government page, or even UK Labour voters complaining on a Conservative party page... are they or will they be thrown off Facebook???

This is quite a scandal when you think about it.

Surely free speech should be protected at all costs by the US and UK (and FB which is a US company) otherwise we are just as bad as any other state that silences its people.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it seems nothing is going on in the house.......TWATTER last update an hour ago.......FB an hour ago
    House hunk Lucien shows Kerry some of his moves as Paddy looks on with interest.
    C5 Big Brother
    apps.facebook.com
    Share · about an hour ago

Yep that's the way your media platform works, very effective. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    free speech & democracy is an illusion anyways always has been ,especially in us and uk, you can bet your bottom dollar fbook and the like are happy to censor as all media is ulitmately controlled by an elusive rich few even with regard to silly game shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    So it seems nothing is going on in the house.......TWATTER last update an hour ago.......FB an hour ago
    Quote:
    House hunk Lucien shows Kerry some of his moves as Paddy looks on with interest.
    C5 Big Brother
    apps.facebook.com
    Share · about an hour ago

Yep that's the way your media platform works, very effective. :rolleyes:

WOW I really must start reading twitter and face-ache it sounds thrilling :D
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am astounded that people have had their whole accounts blocked/deleted by FB.

WTF - truly amazed. I mentioned live feed on FB a few times, but stopped as i did not want to keep spamming, it was proving pointless with comments being deleted. I really never knew about the accounts going.

Big brother really is watching us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am astounded that people have had their whole accounts blocked/deleted by FB.

WTF - truly amazed. I mentioned live feed on FB a few times, but stopped as i did not want to keep spamming, it was proving pointless with comments being deleted. I really never knew about the accounts going.

Big brother really is watching us.

He may be watching but he isnt winning :eek:

I couldn't bring myself to tick the like box so cant put comments on the page ;)

But I can read and even after all the banning's there are still comments getting through about the lack of Live feed maybe not as many as before but apparently even CH5 no matter how hard they try cant stop them all :D
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    :eek::eek:
    Just re-read his email, you're right, he has been banned. :mad:
    Absolutely outrageous behaviour.......are we now living in a police state where you aren't allowed to voice an opinion! :mad:

That is really out of order. What right to C5 have to get so many people banned from using Facebook ...

Edit ... I think I might just have to "like" C5's BB page again in order to report it for harrassment (or somesuch)

This discussion has been closed.