Eastenders Gillian Wright quits

Comments

• The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    I do too. You can't help but feel for her. Tonight I had a smile for her because it's great to see her happy at last.

I hope a happy ending with Julia's theme for her.
    Maybe getting Married to Ollie or something :)

I know, and she has such a rich history with the show now. And I fear that with her departure, we might never see Stacey or Sean return - I feel there's unfinished business there, with the latter especially.

But a happy ending will probably make me cry. I can't see her leaving Walford otherwise. The promise of a happy life with Ollie would make me so happy for good ole Jean :)
  • Peter KingPeter King Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    but you said her contract hasnt been renewed, or did you mean it had been changed?

Is she ill?
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Peter King wrote: »
    but you said her contract hasnt been renewed, or did you mean it had been changed?

Is she ill?
    Her contract hasn't been renewed. She is no longer a main cast member and more like a 'Guest' character. Not as far as I know. I think it's just Lorraine didn't see the point in Mo any longer.
  • HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No!! :(:(:cry:

Best actress on the show. It's so sad she never won anything for her excellent work. Jean Slater has been outstandingly performed by her.

I wish her all the best in future,
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacey and Sean have little reason to return now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    I can't blame her for wanting to move on, she seems to get the same kind of storylines. Let's hope she has happiness with Ollie, it's what she deserves :)
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Mo should be a central character again, i've always thought she was brilliant.
    Forum Member
    I know, and she has such a rich history with the show now. And I fear that with her departure, we might never see Stacey or Sean return - I feel there's unfinished business there, with the latter especially.

But a happy ending will probably make me cry. I can't see her leaving Walford otherwise. The promise of a happy life with Ollie would make me so happy for good ole Jean :)
    She does and personally I think she is a bigger loss to the show than Zainab or Tanya.

I think we will see all 3 characters back on screen at some point in the future (I hope anyway)

Happy ending is the only way for Jean I feel.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Who'll make the sausage surprise now? :(

Oh and she gave us the "Stacey Slater, Ice Skater" line, so can't stay mad at Jean.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter King wrote: »
    LN didnt renew her contract? then how can she stand at the bar if she isnt employed there?

Her full time contract wasn't renewed but she was given a casual contract where she comes in and films scenes where necessary.

Think Aunt Sal and how she used to pop up when the storyline fit. It's like that with Mo.

Unless she gets promoted to a full time cast member under DTC.
    Forum Member
    Mo should be a central character again, i've always thought she was brilliant.
    I agree but Lorraine didn't :(
  • Peter KingPeter King Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    What LN did this rather then the actor deciding to????????????????????????? No way????????????
  • The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    She does and personally I think she is a bigger loss to the show than Zainab or Tanya.

I think we will see all 3 characters back on screen at some point in the future (I hope anyway)

Happy ending is the only way for Jean I feel.

I know what you mean - I feel it's a bigger loss to the show because Jean is one of 'Enders only characters that can make me weep with laughter AND tears.

She's just brilliant.
  • kenny7kenny7 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get in! :D
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean - I feel it's a bigger loss to the show because Jean is one of 'Enders only characters that can make me weep with laughter AND tears.

She's just brilliant.
    I agree. Tonight even.
    I felt sorry for her at worrying about telling Ollie she is bi-polor but then at the time I was happy to see her Happy.

Jean as a character can go on and on and I do think we will see her back at some point .
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may go down the suicide route?
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Her last line has been confirmed as "Sausage surprise"
  • EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may go down the suicide route?

Gillian is filming her final scenes this week but has asked NOT to be killed off, leaving the door open for a comeback.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess this has been in the works for a while seeing as they've brought in Ollie, sad to see her go but they never really did anything with her after Stacey left, best of luck to her.

Who is next?....
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news but I'm sure she'll be back one day. Best of luck, Gillian :)
  • EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Guess this has been in the works for a while seeing as they've brought in Ollie, sad to see her go but they never really did anything with her after Stacey left, best of luck to her.

Who is next?....

Hopefully Fatboy and Kim so i can celebrate!
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible actress glad to see the back of her.
  • Scott_NelsonScott_Nelson Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    I'll miss Jean. Yet another nail in EastEnders' coffin.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Fantastic actress and Jean is one of the few women on EastEnders at the minute who are acty likeable.

Gillian is second only to Lindsey Coulson in terms of acting talent in the cast, so she'll be sorely missed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big blow, literally one of a small handful of good characters of the show, the other is Michael.