Options

We all know every British Government loves a war..but

JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There have been many since the vile Nazi uprising in the 30's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_1945%E2%80%931989

But the latest Tory contribution involving Europe isn't to my taste. I'll be vacating my nest, pronto, if they succeed. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoLuc wrote: »
    But the latest Tory contribution involving Europe isn't to my taste. I'll be vacating my nest, pronto, if they succeed. :mad:

Err.. don't get it. We invading France again, with Toynbee as a sekret agent?
  • Options
    ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Err.. don't get it. We invading France again, with Toynbee as a sekret agent?

Weren't we going to share an aircraft carrier? It'd be a real pain having to hand it back every other week.
  • Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeus wrote: »
    Weren't we going to share an aircraft carrier? It'd be a real pain having to hand it back every other week.

Think that idea fell apart when the French asked for the aircraft hanger to be converted into an extended galley. We'd also probably have to spend the first few days of our turn sailing into the wind to help vent the garlic.
  • Options
    Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not every Government, the Wilson, Heath and Callaghan Governments stayed war free albeit we had problems at home at the time in NI.
  • Options
    nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nope, don't get it, because we vetoed a treaty we'll be going to war? That's all I can think of.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am another one who hasn't got a clue what you mean here , do you mean the Tory decision of not joining a new club we would pay the most into via the City and receive little in return in order to prop up a currency that is on its last legs we are somehow going to war ?
  • Options
    janetfanjanetfan Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    strange your link seems to forget that america were in vietnam yet it dosent mention there involvment never mind there defeat
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    War between european states nowadays would always be non-violent, words not weapons.

It's a political war and the Conservatives will take that, it'll have to do.

But can they keep it going for three years? Unlikely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »
    War between european states nowadays would always be non-violent, words not weapons.

It's a political war and the Conservatives will take that, it'll have to do.

But can they keep it going for three years? Unlikely.
    oh yugoslavia wasent that long ago
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    janetfan wrote: »
    oh yugoslavia wasent that long ago

Eastern Europe especially the Balkans ( South Eastern) are slightly different to Western Europe on that front .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Eastern Europe especially the Balkans ( South Eastern) are slightly different to Western Europe on that front .
    id me concered about iran than the balkans you just know its building to be the new gulf
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in the army between 1958 and 1964 and we weren't fighting anybody. What a jammy sod I am:p
  • Options
    cpu121cpu121 Posts: 5,330
    Forum Member
    I was in the army between 1958 and 1964 and we weren't fighting anybody. What a jammy sod I am:p
    Apart from Cyprus, Aden and the Radfan hills and the Indonesia Confrontation. Also at push you could count Malaya and Kenya.

Meanwhile the British Army of the Rhine was busy fighting each other in the NAFFI! ;)