Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne could be the dark horse.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    She's been my favourite since the start, I would say she's in with a chance, especially since it's her turn to go on later than Ruth in terms of performance order, if not last after going first.

Here's my comment from the first page. #smug. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she did win it would be the best outcome in this poor final IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    No. She isn't marketable.
    Nobody much wants a holiday-camp singer as a 'star'.
    She's too cabaret.

So an overweight black woman is marketable, yet an overweight white woman is not?

Leanne can out-sing Gaga for heavens sake!

I'll admit to being slightly besotted with Leanne however.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote: »

Why should the best singer, in the whole of the sodding competition, be a dark horse????
  • Options
    ScreamingJayScreamingJay Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Why should the best singer, in the whole of the sodding competition, be a dark horse????

Well, Leanne was at 50-1 odds only yesterday but after her performance in the semi-final people are finally paying attention to her -- pretty much the definition of a dark horse contender.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to think leanne and tyler, both of whom had odds of 50/1 going into the live shows, have a shot at winning is amazing :) really wish i'd been old enough to place a bet on tyler! :D
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I classify a dark horse as someone who comes from nowhere to become a contender. I really like Leanne but I think even Leanne's biggest fans never expected her to beat Ruth. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its really sad that her reaction to winning was almost apologetic. Either Tom or the reaction to Ruth seems to have stripped her of any confidence.

Hopefully this gives her a boost.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think the voice will be a complete laughing stock if anyone wins but leanne

vince, tyler and bo arent even adequate pub singers let alone the winner of the competition that is meant to have one of the greatest voices in the country
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KIMBA wrote: »
    to think leanne and tyler, both of whom had odds of 50/1 going into the live shows, have a shot at winning is amazing :) really wish i'd been old enough to place a bet on tyler! :D

not to cast doubt on the validity of them getting through but if tyler wins then maybe with those odds it may have been in someones financial interests to ensure he wins
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think the voice will be a complete laughing stock if anyone wins but leanne

vince, tyler and bo arent even adequate pub singers let alone the winner of the competition that is meant to have one of the greatest voices in the country

Although I really like Leanne, a strong loud voice doesn't mean the best voice.

It's perfectly reasonable for different people to think that either Leanne, Vince, Tyler or Bo have the best voice.

It depends what you value most in a singer at the end of the day. Power, tone or technique?

Tyler's best strength is tone, Vince technique, Leanne power and Bo tone.

Each of them also have strengths in the other categories. Leanne is probably the most all rounder and Bo the least. But if someone prefers a certain tone then Bo will seem better in their eyes. It's down to the person and its very presumtious to state that the other three are merely 'pub singers' because you don't value their vocal style.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Possibly, but she'd have to be secret friends with I dunno, since Amy Winehouse is taken, lets go cross-Atlantic and magically have it be Whitney Houston, and have it be revealed right before she sings in the finale.

Really its between Tyler and Bo, I think. And if its Bo, it will be because she vaguely looks like Princess Diana, but a rough street version, a mix which probably has its own kind of oddball appeal to people with a certain set of fantasies.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    It depends what you value most in a singer at the end of the day. Power, tone or technique?

And Leanne is the only one who has them all: tone, technique and power.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,861
    Forum Member
    Yesterday I would've said she doesn't have a cat in hells chance, but if she managed to topple Ruth, who has been consistently popular with the public vote, who knows how well she'll do, My only hope is that she beats Vince at least ;)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No No please she is so boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lots of people seem to dismiss Leanne as a contender and her betting odds are around 40-1 to win but I'm starting to think she has a chance.

Her performance in the first set of live shows was weak but her battle was really strong and I thought her version of I Put A Spell On You last Saturday was the best of the night.

To get to the final she needs to beat Ruth in the semi-final which will be difficult given that Ruth is one of the favourites but there seems to be a backlash growing against her and I could see Leanne taking it if she picks a song that suits her voice. Maybe an Adele song to keep relatively current and stay in her comfort zone?

Also, since the final will feature duets with their coaches, I think a Tom Jones/Leanne duet could work brilliantly.

What do you think?

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a chance. Not even worth discussing.

Haaa.
  • Options
    Chief_WahooChief_Wahoo Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the time,I thought the title of this thread was a bit outlandish.But she kept surviving and getting more comfortable,and she was very much a deserved winner.

Good call by you,I say!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At the time,I thought the title of this thread was a bit outlandish.But she kept surviving and getting more comfortable,and she was very much a deserved winner.

Good call by you,I say!:D

Thanks!
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    I'm glad to eat my words. Thought she was a worthy winner.
  • Options
    Forum Member

To be fair, a lot of people were dismissing her chances. Glad she won you over :)
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Don't know about 'won me over'.

I think she was consistently good. She has no annoying vocal mannerisms (Bo), her coach did his bit by selecting songs that showcased her voice (unlike Will with Tyler), she didn't seem affected or trying too hard to be cool (Vince). She fulfilled the brief. She had the best voice as illustrated by the best material.

She deserved to win and I'm glad she did. I never follow people blindly.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Selena wrote: »

:D I did have a feeling from the moment she beat Ruth.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I said an emphatic no. And I even said bookies may try to ring in to vote for her so that others won't win. But her performance on the final night did won me over. I voted for her in the semi-finals too.