Pramface Series 2 BBC3

bill luvs t.vbill luvs t.v Posts: 1,907
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just wondering if anybody else is watching Pramface, i really enjoy it and think its a really sweet funny show especially love Scarlet Johnson and Anna Chancellor in it but all the cast and characters are great. Series one was great and this first episode of series two was also really good. I think this show could be really popular. What are everybody else's opinions?

Comments

• DeanparkrDeanparkr Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a pretty good start to S2!
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    I love this programme, just watching it now:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Loved the first series and this was a brilliant start to the second...looking forward to the rest.

When repeated will the first episode always be 1 hour? Or can they cut it to two 30 minutes just for tidiness?
  • Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved series one and this was a great start to S2 - prefer Scarlett with the longer hair though. But that's just me....
  • bill luvs t.vbill luvs t.v Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved series one and this was a great start to S2 - prefer Scarlett with the longer hair though. But that's just me....

I agree it does age her with shorter hair she looks more her actual age than she did in the first series
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Didn't see season 1 so first experience of it, I chuckled a lot!
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I caught the last 2 episodes of series 1 during the recent repeat.

It's amusing enough, to keep me watching.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,667
    Forum Member
    Great start to series two.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I'm only ten minutes in but are we really supposed to believe that they're so unbelievably tired and rushed off their feet with a newborn that they haven't got time to decide on a name but they've both had time to get a haircut?

Or that Jamie would really wear a girls top to college? Why didn't he just grab one of his?!
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    I recognised both Scarlett Johnson and Emer Kenny (Danielle) as having been in series 2 of E4's Beaver Falls, playing respectively P.J. and Hope, but it took me a bit longer to realise that Scarlett was also teenage Vicky Fowler in Eastenders!
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I'm only ten minutes in but are we really supposed to believe that they're so unbelievably tired and rushed off their feet with a newborn that they haven't got time to decide on a name but they've both had time to get a haircut?

Or that Jamie would really wear a girls top to college? Why didn't he just grab one of his?!

It's a comedy drama, verisimilitude isn't paramount. Besides, it's not so much they havent had time, more that they can't decide on a name both agree on.

A lot of parents would probably agree that it's easier to get a haircut than to name a baby. Which is possibly why most people get haircuts more often than they have kids:p
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    phil solo wrote: »
    It's a comedy drama, verisimilitude isn't paramount. Besides, it's not so much they havent had time, more that they can't decide on a name both agree on.

At the beginning I swear Laura says to Jamie "I haven't got time to decide on a name!"

Also did anyone notice Mrs Doyle?! :p I think her character was called Evelyn or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »

He was at her house and going straight to college. He had no time to go to his house.

Oh, plus its TV :rolleyes:
  • kaob82kaob82 Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    I love this show, all the characters are interesting and I loved the scene between the 2 dads eating the special meal on this week's episode. I wasn't going to watch the first series as I thought the teenage parents storylines have been done to death in soaps etc so this was quite refreshing.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh I loved this week. I like Scarlett's hair in this episode, it looked young and less middle-aged, meanwhile, Beth's hair is still terrible.
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Ooh I loved this week. I like Scarlett's hair in this episode, it looked young and less middle-aged, meanwhile, Beth's hair is still terrible.

I like her new hairstyle:o

These episodes are too short!! Loved Keith's new job:D

and Alan improvising a nappy:D

I also like the will they/wont they scenarios for Laura and Jamie.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 15,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs F wrote: »
    I like her new hairstyle:o

These episodes are too short!! Loved Keith's new job:D

and Alan improvising a nappy:D

I also like the will they/wont they scenarios for Laura and Jamie.
    BIB highlights of the episode. Think Grandpas improv nappy and discussion with the baby about it were top comedy.
  • Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is turning into a smashing little comedy
  • johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although this doesn't seem to have much love around it, it really is developing into a very smart comedy.

Mostly because the various actors are fitting into the characters very nicely, and unlike most BBC3 type sitcoms seems to have a broad age appeal ala Gavin & Stacey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved when Beth and mike that Emily cried herself to death, and freaked out when they thought something was wrong.

I actually hope they don't put Laura and Jamie together, it really wouldn't make much sense.
    I hope they don't go there with Beth and mike either!
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Major lol at the gay sex chat scene
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth has aged nicely, with her new hairstyle she is a little stunner.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking that they're going from zero to High Anglican for the christening in one hit?

And even worse for the godparents...
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why aren't people talking about this series more? It's great! Jamie's mum and dad are particularly funny...when they were having sex in the car and the nursery rhymes come on the stereo! :D

Laura looked pretty stunning in that dress...you can't blame Jamie, really! ;) Though I don't think they will get together in the end. Why doesn't he realise that Beth is absolutely in love with him?