Options

SKY+HD (without HD subscription)

pokemasterpokemaster Posts: 1,433
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Currently have: Sky+ (upstairs) & normal sky box (downstairs) - (subscriptions for recording/most of the channels except sports)

Recently my friend gave me a SKY+HD box and I was wondering if I could replace my normal sky box with it. I know that I would need another wire to my dish (to record).... but I don't want to have the HD subscription on top of what I already pay.

What else would I have to do to just replace my old normal sky box with this sky+HD box?

~ pokemaster

Comments

• Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    connect the box, and then call sky to have the card paired to the box (or you can do it online if you can find the URL).
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might want to check what SKy can do for you first, before installing this box.

As you don't have a HD box yet, you may find they might replace your normal one for free, and put all the wires in for you. Once done, you could then replace your Sky+ box with this one you have been given.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the SKY website it says to replace either box with one of SKY's HD+ box it will cost me: One off fee of £259.....

~ pokemaster
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pokemaster wrote: »
    On the SKY website it says to replace either box with one of SKY's HD+ box it will cost me: One off fee of £259.....

~ pokemaster

Give them a ring, most people have got a free HD box out of Sky, if they do not already have one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably would offer me one, but I don't want to pay for the HD subscription....

~ pokemaster
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They probably would offer me one, but I don't want to pay for the HD subscription....

~ pokemaster

You don't have to pay for the HD subscription, when did i say you did?

Until you ring them, it's only a call, you don't know what they might offer you, but it will include all the cables and work needed, so worth a call to see what you can get, even if it's £49, still worth it for a properly installed box, with a years warranty, IMO.

You can always say no if you don't like the offer you know..........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that if I rang them up they would want me to take the HD subscription if they gave me a free box....

~ pokemaster
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that if I rang them up they would want me to take the HD subscription if they gave me a free box....

~ pokemaster

Again, they might WANT you to, but you DON'T have to, it is not compulsary that when they make you an offer, you have to accept it, then they might offer you something else.

Anyway, do what you want, no skin off my nose, i just thought a quick call might have got you a deal, you obviously you don't want to ring them to see, so don't.