Options

- ~ Rachel Riley & Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Thread ~ -

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel looking good in the Friday panel clip. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Rachel looking good in the Friday panel clip. :)

Matt Goss was certainly mesmerised, by Rachel's hip action;)
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Iveta Lukosiute @D8Iveta
    Having a nice dinner with @RugbyBenCohen @artemchigvintse @DeborahMeaden @RachelRileyRR

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWUfnRbIUAAMeAo.jpg:large

Rachel Riley @RachelRileyRR
    Been practising my sultry cha cha look on @susannareid100 - a great teacher, any strange expressions I pull tomorrow are all down to you!!
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunate that they didn't let us have much of a look at the CCC.

Rachel is getting better and I think it will look more like it is intended to look than the Salsa.
    Its really unfortunate that they have such a fast song. I'm guessing that wasn't Pasha's choice.

Her arms are looking better for sure. I didn't see much of the straight leg but maybe they have progressed a bit more since the clip was filmed. Again the fast song isn't going to help to get the legs exactly right.

There are signs though that Rachel is getting better at learning.
  • Options
    SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    fatskia wrote: »
    Unfortunate that they didn't let us have much of a look at the CCC.

Rachel is getting better and I think it will look more like it is intended to look than the Salsa.
    Its really unfortunate that they have such a fast song. I'm guessing that wasn't Pasha's choice.

Her arms are looking better for sure. I didn't see much of the straight leg but maybe they have progressed a bit more since the clip was filmed. Again the fast song isn't going to help to get the legs exactly right.

There are signs though that Rachel is getting better at learning.

Last sentence, that's positive as a beginner will take longer to learn and brush up on technique and performance. Sounds encouraging Fatskia, whatever the judges score or say.:rolleyes:
    All the best to them for later.:)
    I really like the song they have, one of the better ones this week.:D
    Thanks for all recent links everyone.
  • Options
    GeorgousgeorgeGeorgousgeorge Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hows everyone..............................actually, where's everyone????? It's unusually quiet!!

I think Rachel is going to have a better week this week with the Cha Cha. She seems to be loving it, at least, from one of her recent tweets. Let's hope she gets some decent comments.

Looking at the training, Natalie actually looks like a professional!!!?? Heavens, I think everyone else seems to be on a different level. It's going to be an amazing rumba for her! No wonder Artem can't keep the smile off his face.

Looking forward to seeing all the other couples tonight. Apart from our two, I really don't have any other firm favourites yet. There are so many I enjoy at the moment for different reasons. Loved Kevin's impressions of the judges.................I think he's a really down to earth guy. Talking about being so nervous, etc. Not afraid to say it.

Dying to see what Rachel's dress will be like. She has a fabulous figure. Mind you, my eyes might be wandering.........................................focus, focus.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the links Karma, KA, peppy and music girl.... :)
    Really excited about the show tonight and specially wanting to see Rachel and Pasha cha cha... :)
    Best of luck to our two... :)
  • Options
    peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A nice article here,

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/strictly-come-dancing/344531/The-Life-of-Rachel-Riley-Countdown-brainbox-s-hectic-schedule-adds-up-to-a-lot-of-fun

Looking forward to their cha cha tonight:) I, for one, am enjoying Rachel's j****** , I think she's a lovely, natural girl who is giving it her best, and I don't think for a minute that Pasha is losing patience with her. (mere editing:p)

Thanks for the reminder Kelley on James and Alex's cha cha, had completely forgotten it!

She does have a fabulous figure GG, very envious of the long pins :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    peppy5 wrote: »
    A nice article here,

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/strictly-come-dancing/344531/The-Life-of-Rachel-Riley-Countdown-brainbox-s-hectic-schedule-adds-up-to-a-lot-of-fun

Looking forward to their cha cha tonight:) I, for one, am enjoying Rachel's j****** , I think she's a lovely, natural girl who is giving it her best, and I don't think for a minute that Pasha is losing patience with her. (mere editing:p)

Thanks for the reminder Kelley on James and Alex's cha cha, had completely forgotten it!

She does have a fabulous figure GG, very envious of the long pins :D

Thanks peppy... lovely article indeed ... :)
    I am enjoying watching Rachel's progress and think her and Pasha are getting on famously.... it will be hard not to with Pasha... :o:o

Rachel has an amazing figure...I was mesmerized by her in the training footage of her in her shorts.... those legs and specially that bum...:o:o.... Lord!!!! Anya and Rachel are messing with my head this year.... HEEEELP!!! Pashaaaa!!!!... Need to focus focus focus!!!! :o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dress rehearsal pics up... Love Rachel's blue dress... but what have they done to her hair... :eek::eek::eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Dress rehearsal pics up... Love Rachel's blue dress... but what have they done to her hair... :eek::eek::eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/

:eek::eek: Maybe they're thinking longer is sexier? :rolleyes:
    I'm getting a DVO salsa look vibe but with straight hair here.

Is it only me that the pictures aren't sharp and clear? :confused:

I don't know if I can be around tonight :cry::cry:, but I'll keep any eye on this thread or the Cafe if someone would kindly post when to vote..:)
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to tonight. I'm sure it will be Cha Cha Charming.

Come on Rachel, you can do it girl:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe they're thinking longer is sexier?

Is it only me that the pictures aren't sharp and clear?

I don't know if I can be around tonight , but I'll keep any eye on this thread or the Cafe if someone would kindly post when to vote..

Cant remember DVO salsa at all... that much impact on me... :rolleyes::p
    The later pictures look better... :(
    I do love Rachel's looks tho... stunning... :eek::eek:.... Pasha Pasha Pasha... :o:D
    I will post in the café about voting times and spoilers..... :D
    Easier to discuss stuff generally without giving away much... ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant remember DVO salsa at all... that much impact on me... :rolleyes::p
    The later pictures look better...
    I do love Rachel's looks tho... stunning...:eek:.... Pasha Pasha Pasha... :D
    I will post in the café about voting times and spoilers..... :D
    Easier to discuss stuff generally without giving away much... ;)

DVO's dress rehearsal salsa look: http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/944x531_b/p012135g.jpg James changed to white for the actual show
    I think it was more the colour that reminded me of it. :p:o I remember the dance for the skirt waving and THAT ending of her face ending in his crotch...I can't seem to scrub it out of my head; I've tried. :cry::cry:
    Thanks Pashulty, I'll keep my eye on the cafe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the links:) Did a double take with Rachel's hair extensions, thought Pash has another partner:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the links:) Did a double take with Rachel's hair extensions, thought Pash has another partner:D

Thanks for the link Kelley... Personally only minimal similarity with DVO..... Rachel looks gorgeous ...:eek::o:o
  • Options
    GeorgousgeorgeGeorgousgeorge Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek: Maybe they're thinking longer is sexier? :rolleyes:

Is it only me that the pictures aren't sharp and clear? :confused:

I don't know if I can be around tonight :cry::cry:, but I'll keep any eye on this thread or the Cafe if someone would kindly post when to vote..:)

Yeah, a different look maybe from the short hair, and she can flick it around the place. Beautiful colour dress. She looks fab. Pasha's braces look as if they're holding his trousers up!! I'm not that keen on vests, although I'll make an exception in Pasha's case. Back to the shiney shoes, socks, hairy legs and dressing gown. Yeah, "much better" in Pasha's best yorkshire.

Natalie's dress reminds me of Kara's rumba dress. It looks like a similar style, only in blue.

Kristina looks as though she's wearing a hankerchief:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I like Rachael's dress better then last weeks one. Kristina may aswell be dancing naked.
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant understand Pasha's outfit. Hopefully it makes sense on the night.

Comparing Rachel to Ben.

He is a fit world class athlete who has to be nimble with good co-ordination of hands and feet to catch and pass the ball. He also is logging high training hours figures.
    He is in the same boat as Rachel as someone who is a complete beginner.
    With less hours to train, I think Rachel compares well.

That is nothing against Ben who I think may in the long term become a good dancer if he gets enough time, but it does show that it can take a lot of time even if you have good co-ordination to start with.
    Just a reality check on how Rachel is doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, a different look maybe from the short hair, and she can flick it around the place. Beautiful colour dress. She looks fab. Pasha's braces look as if they're holding his trousers up!! I'm not that keen on vests, although I'll make an exception in Pasha's case. Back to the shiney shoes, socks, hairy legs and dressing gown. Yeah, "much better" in Pasha's best yorkshire.

Natalie's dress reminds me of Kara's rumba dress. It looks like a similar style, only in blue.

Kristina looks as though she's wearing a hankerchief:eek:

Pasha has taken to the 'much better' accent very well ;):D... I love it when he says that... and agree with the BIB and nought else on GG...:eek::o:o ... My darling Pasha... ooo...laaaa :o:o
  • Options
    peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much prefer the cha cha dress to the wild fringes last week.

Didn't take the vest and braces as Pasha's outfit - presumably he wasn't in costume yet? If not, I'm quite happy with Pash-in-a-vest :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    peppy5 wrote: »
    Much prefer the cha cha dress to the wild fringes last week.

Didn't take the vest and braces as Pasha's outfit - presumably he wasn't in costume yet? If not, I'm quite happy with Pash in a vest :cool:

Very very very happy....:D:D:D *not a leery grin* Honest!!! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very very very happy....:D:D:D *not a leery grin* Honest!!! :D:D

me too Pashulty ;)

Thanks for all the links :) Love the dress and I think the hair suits the dress but it takes a bit of getting used to on Rachel....I double taked as well Karma lol :D

Looking forward to tonight's show. Sending all positive vibes and best wishes to Rach and Pash for tonight :)
  • Options
    SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Really looking forward to tonight. I'm sure it will be Cha Cha Charming.

Come on Rachel, you can do it girl:)

Second sentence, hope so Teeswolf.:)
    Thanks Peppy for newspaper link and thanks Pashulty for dress rehearsal pics.
    Love Rachel's dress and quite like Susanna's and Iveta's. Also from what we can see of Karen's good colours there and Deborah's looks rather good too.
    Think they ran out of material to finish Kristina's.:eek:
    Enjoy the show folks.:)
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    not sure if we've seen this pic of them from ITT this week
    4-Fullscreencapture12102013175737.jpg

and here's todays rehersal pic on its own
    2-Fullscreencapture12102013175615.jpg