Britains Best Bakery

13»

Comments

• VientreVientre Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other thing i always think is when it shows a baker tasting a mix with his finger, i hope he washes his hands before continuing, good final yesterday and the brother/sister team were worth winners.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vientre wrote: »
    The other thing i always think is when it shows a baker tasting a mix with his finger, i hope he washes his hands before continuing, good final yesterday and the brother/sister team were worth winners.

I am glad the American guys lost because they were so cocky and bitchy towards the others. They didn't even congratulate the winners.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed yesterdays semi final - Maison Mayci will be hard to beat.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    just been re-reading the thread and i am sure i put a comment during the last series - if i recall i wanted Dunbar to win to and was annoyed when they were robbed. swear i did say that but oh well :p
    also the first series has good memories because at the time i had just moved so i was unpacking and i remember watching this , time does fly.
    this series is good but i haven't enjoyed it has much has the first. I have fast forwarded through some episodes - i was supporting baked from Tettenhall because i am from Wolverhampton but alas they didn't win the regional. I am now rooting for Cowburns - seems the same as last year with Dunbar one bakery really likeable and sticking out for viewers. Well us on this thread anyway :p
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    :( about cowburn but they had lost there edge past 2 days. I have no favorite now :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really did expect more from Cowburn - I now think Maison Mayci are the front runners - though I thought their fondant fancies looked rather messy; but so did all the others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I really did expect more from Cowburn - I now think Maison Mayci are the front runners - though I thought their fondant fancies looked rather messy; but so did all the others.

The French guys are streets ahead of the others so far. Unless it all goes wrong for them in the next could of days the title is theirs.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,387
    Forum Member
    The French guys are streets ahead of the others so far. Unless it all goes wrong for them in the next could of days the title is theirs.

I have been thinking this too, but in today's show, the judges made it look like an open playing field. I like the French guys, but have a soft spot for the brother and sister.
    I really would like to try some of the stuff they produce though, it all looks so yummy. Today I rather liked the look of the cobble stones bread.
    I agree about the french fondants, the French guys tried, but their attempt at the Union Jack didn't work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    I have been thinking this too, but in today's show, the judges made it look like an open playing field. I like the French guys, but have a soft spot for the brother and sister.
    I really would like to try some of the stuff they produce though, it all looks so yummy. Today I rather liked the look of the cobble stones bread.
    I agree about the french fondants, the French guys tried, but their attempt at the Union Jack didn't work.
    It wasn't really a level playing field - Maison Mayci were definitely at a disadvantage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The French guys back in the game. I like them - they're quiet and unassuming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The French guys blew it on the wedding cake challenge. The cake shops wedding cake did look beautiful though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The French guys blew it on the wedding cake challenge. The cake shops wedding cake did look beautiful though.
    It did indeed - they're an exciting young couple.

I do think the final challenge should give each bakery an even chance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad The Cake Shop Bakery won it, well deserved in the end their wedding cake looked superb and considering they have only taken over the bakery five months ago they show plenty of innovation, chuffed for them.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,387
    Forum Member
    Vientre wrote: »
    Glad The Cake Shop Bakery won it, well deserved in the end their wedding cake looked superb and considering they have only taken over the bakery five months ago they show plenty of innovation, chuffed for them.

Happy for the brother & sister, I did like them and their produce. Their wedding cake was very elegant, but thought The Cake Shop cake was the best, it was so beautiful and when cut, the cake looked perfect, and the icing stayed in place! Did anyone notice that the icing came away from the cut slices on both other cakes?
    Shall miss watching this. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Happy for the brother & sister, I did like them and their produce. Their wedding cake was very elegant, but thought The Cake Shop cake was the best, it was so beautiful and when cut, the cake looked perfect, and the icing stayed in place! Did anyone notice that the icing came away from the cut slices on both other cakes?
    Shall miss watching this. :(

Yes i noticed that the icing came away too, all three bakeries were very good but i thought the cake shop bakery had shot themselves in the foot with a veg cake, the groom even stated he didnt expect to like it but loved it, its that innovation and risk taking that i think paid off for them in the end, i,ll miss this programme too.