Options

The Following - Season 2

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although Mike let me down a bit not just shooting the lot of 'em just because Lily had some innocent guy she was holding, would have fitted quite well after stabbing one of the twins to then just shoot her in the head .

Yes it always amazes me why they don't just shoot everyone. They had already stabbed the innocent bloke so why not shoot them anyway and hope he gets away.

And giving up their guns was definitely a no no.

It all makes no sense. I'm only watching it to see how ridiculous it all gets.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it always amazes me why they don't just shoot everyone. They had already stabbed the innocent bloke so why not shoot them anyway and hope he gets away.

And giving up their guns was definitely a no no.

It all makes no sense. I'm only watching it to see how ridiculous it all gets.

Yes, probably one of the better comedy shows on at the moment.
    A nice finale would be Mike & Ryan just randomly getting hold of a tank and driving into wherever Joe & the gang's new home is and blowing them all to kingdom come, then smoking a cigar or something like that.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    It's the biggest load of tripe that I have got this far with, I only watched the end of S1 as it wasn't too long and just to see what happens.

I sighed when they decided on a 2nd season, why? :o

Having said that I think there is a slight improvement this season with Ryan & Mike on their no holds barred kill spree, I'm watching just for that now :)
    Although Mike let me down a bit not just shooting the lot of 'em just because Lily had some innocent guy she was holding, would have fitted quite well after stabbing one of the twins to then just shoot her in the head .

The show is absolute ballswax but I love it because its so much fun, I watched three episodes back to back last Tuesday and I was properly entertained :D
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved this week's episode!!

Mike :eek:

The promo for next week looks great. I love that Lee Tergeson (Beecher in Oz) is going to be in it :D
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    It's entertaining in non-sophisticated way. I enjoy Purefoy's performance, and if it wasn't for him, I don't think I'd keep watching.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Luke gets stabbed a few times, shot 3(?) times and then beaten to a pulp by Mike yet is still alive?

So is Joe going to reveal a whole new lot of Followers in the upcoming weeks or is it just going to be him, Emma and Mandy for the rest of the series?
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful feeling they'll make us believe the FBI chief is a rat, only to eventually reveal it's Mike

Would make no sense but a lot of the show doesn't!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Mike's frame of mind is so interesting now - he shot someone twice, stabbed them twice, hit someone twice with a plank of wood and punched someone twice. It's like now he realises that the FBI is compromised and there's no way for justice to be served so all his pent up aggression and everything's been through is coming out through violence.

I found some lines hilarious - Ryan saying 'surprise' to Mike when he called, Joe and his 'house of psychos' comment to name a couple.
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful feeling they'll make us believe the FBI chief is a rat, only to eventually reveal it's Mike

Would make no sense but a lot of the show doesn't!

Na Im sure that the one feeding Joe the info is the single mother from episode 2 (or 3?) who is connected to the FBI chief
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oilcat wrote: »
    Na Im sure that the one feeding Joe the info is the single mother from episode 2 (or 3?) who is connected to the FBI chief

You mean Janna... She's the FBI Chief's sister isn't she ?
    Yes i think it's her too....
    Better episode last night, liking all the stabbing and shooting going on from Mike and Ryan.....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Janna is the leak but how would she know such sensitive info? Someone needs to be telling her surely
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Janna is the leak but how would she know such sensitive info? Someone needs to be telling her surely

Tracer on her sisters phone?
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I think Mike's frame of mind is so interesting now - he shot someone twice, stabbed them twice, hit someone twice with a plank of wood and punched someone twice. It's like now he realises that the FBI is compromised and there's no way for justice to be served so all his pent up aggression and everything's been through is coming out through violence.

I found some lines hilarious - Ryan saying 'surprise' to Mike when he called, Joe and his 'house of psychos' comment to name a couple.
    I'm sure Mike's broken his Hand too.
    Corwin wrote: »
    So Luke gets stabbed a few times, shot 3(?) times and then beaten to a pulp by Mike yet is still alive?

So is Joe going to reveal a whole new lot of Followers in the upcoming weeks or is it just going to be him, Emma and Mandy for the rest of the series?
    It's mad isn't it.
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    The show is absolute ballswax but I love it because its so much fun, I watched three episodes back to back last Tuesday and I was properly entertained :D
    It is total nonsense - But I'm on the edge of my Seat every week. :cool:

"So you have a Plan"
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wildhollie wrote: »
    You mean Janna... She's the FBI Chief's sister isn't she ?
    Yes i think it's her too....
    Better episode last night, liking all the stabbing and shooting going on from Mike and Ryan.....:D

Where did you get Sister from? I thought they were partners (possibly ex partners) since there was talk of joint custody and picking up the kids .

Jana is certainly feeding Joe with some Info (the road blocks) and may well have been the one who swapped his DNA in the FBI warehouse (as she used to work for the FBI) but I'm not sure she's the only Mole in the FBI as Joe was warned about the FBI turning up at the airport and I'm not sure how Jana was in the loop for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike or Ryan could be the leak because they no longer trust the Feds and want to bring Joe down themselves

Unlikely but i'm not ruling it out
  • Options
    spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

that had me thrown as well, like shot twice at point blank range, then literally beaten to death, and ryans sister comes out with" they taken luke to a secure hospital but he may not survive his injuries", there is no way he should be surviving those njuries, but I suppose they will be using luke as a plot filler in later episodes now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan gutting the black guy like a fish was hard to watch.
  • Options
    _Ash__Ash_ Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmmm, I'm getting to the point where I say they take off and nuke the entire site from orbit....only way to be sure!
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

Yes. He actually said 'international house of psychos', which was a reference to IHOP, the US restaurant chain, The International House of Pancakes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Yes. He actually said 'international house of psychos', which was a reference to IHOP, the US restaurant chain, The International House of Pancakes.

Ah right :)

I'm liking the way it's going now though - I like that it's Ryan's dream team against Joe and his followers now. At least we know Ryan can go back to his university job afterwards - maybe the next Season will be one of his students killing people?
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoroughly enjoying the series (if by enjoy it means hiding ones eyes in some of the violent scenes).
    I think the twists we have had so far have been good.

And yes it does appeal to the "rough justice" instinct. So glad to see the twins, Lily and her "family" royally f*cked over.

Still waiting for Emma to get her just desserts, God I hate that girl.
    One day it will happen.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    absolutely bonkers this show is yet im still F-ing watching it ha WTF

cant believe they went with the mansion in the middle of nowhere thing again and had Joe escape again

its fast paced burger king tv which is cheap tat that will do for the moment but you cant beat a real meal:D:p

oh and Joe now has another plan well jaysus he sure plans well ahead im sure this will lead to a showdown in the finale with Joe and Ryan AGAIN!!:D

the Joe masks are creepy as f""k though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    9 spoilers for Episode 7:

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2014/02/27/the-following-9-teases-for-sacrifice/

:o
    Going by what Shawn Ashmore has said previously about Mike going through some awful things, I assume point 8 is him?
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the best episode so far but still utterly insane by any standards.

How did Luke get shot twice and stabbed and still manage to jump around like a maniac?

I'm calling Ryan's niece as a follower.

Never understood Gisele didn't kill her in the motel when escaping?

Joe still remains my favourite character, and Emma has become slightly more bearable this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Probably the best episode so far but still utterly insane by any standards.

How did Luke get shot twice and stabbed and still manage to jump around like a maniac?

I'm calling Ryan's niece as a follower.

Never understood Gisele didn't kill her in the motel when escaping?

Joe still remains my favourite character, and Emma has become slightly more bearable this season.

I agree. All the characters were being used more as well which was good.
    I'd like to think Max isn't a follower, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was...