Options

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good god not the afro ..

Saw this on Soldado's twitter feed .. ouch :)

https://twitter.com/R9Soldado/status/486613790302437377
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting .. The Express have us trying to gazump Liverpool for Divock Orgi's signature - even to the point of saying he'll be meeting with officials from the club today

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/487602/Tottenham-rival-Liverpool-for-Belgium-World-Cup-star-Divock-Origi
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First it was Remy, then it was Balotelli, then it was Remy again and now, apparently, it's Alexis Sanchez ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28177987

Does this mean that Remy isn't actually going to Ars*nal after all ?

I'd still be happy if we signed him I suppose, regardless of the fact he'd probably want to clear off after a season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugo signs a new five year deal. Bloody brilliant news :)
    “I spoke with the Chairman and I know the Club is as ambitious as ever,” said Hugo. “It’s very important to feel at home at a club and for my family to feel well. I enjoy a great relationship with the Club and the fans. The arrival of Mauricio Pochettino is important as well. I have a good feeling with him. He is also ambitious.

"Everything is clear in my head and if I’ve signed a new contract it’s because I trust the Club and I’m sure we will progress in a positive way.

“Last season wasn’t the season we all hoped for but we were still able to finish sixth in the league. We know where we have to improve, the Club also knows and there is a feeling and a confident connection between the Club and the players.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/new-deal-for-hugo-100714/
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic news!
  • Options
    knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely made up with that news :) I want him as captain.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lloris news is good. I sense a lot of positivity around Pochettino's appointment from the players.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    The Lloris news is good. I sense a lot of positivity around Pochettino's appointment from the players.

I get a similar feeling reading some of the comments from some of the players back in training.

Just hope we can end up bringing in some of the new faces we've been linked to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly have to begrudgingly admit that Ars*nal have a cracking signing there in Sanchez. Where does this leave Remy though ?

I know there was a rumour floating around that we'd agreed terms with him but that he was waiting to see what Ars*nal would do, so I have to wonder if it means he's now likely to join us ?
  • Options
    Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    I certainly have to begrudgingly admit that Ars*nal have a cracking signing there in Sanchez. Where does this leave Remy though ?

I know there was a rumour floating around that we'd agreed terms with him but that he was waiting to see what Ars*nal would do, so I have to wonder if it means he's now likely to join us ?

I think there's a 0.1% chance of Remy ever wearing a sp*rs shirt TBH.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    I think there's a 0.1% chance of Remy ever wearing a sp*rs shirt TBH.

It's unlikely I agree, but curiosity just makes me wonder. But then I'd rather have a player who will stick around and not bugger off after a season if he doesn't get what he wants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More good news - the new stadium is finally a go ..
    Tottenham have received a huge boost to their plans for a new stadium at White Hart Lane after the government approved Haringey Council's Compulsory Purchase Order of the remaining land needed for building work to begin.

Spurs, who were one of the bidders for the tenancy of the Olympic Stadium following the London Games - a process won by West Ham - have been waiting for a decision from Eric Pickles, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, for 14 months and have been unable to begin work on the site in that time.

White Hart Lane currently has a capacity of just over 36,000, with the Northumberland Development Project set to increase that to over 56,000 while regenerating the surrounding area.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9379550?
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much of the talk about Dutch football involves the Ajax Academy but in this current Dutch World Cup team are 9 current or past graduates from Feyenoord's Academy. Perhaps we're looking at the wrong Dutch club for our recruits.

Certainly was impressed with young Jordie Clasie's performance against Brazil. Skilful on the ball, kept it moving, played with intelligence. Unfortunately, likely to follow Van Gaal to Man Utd.
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,543
    Forum Member
    Just thought I'd pop in and let everyone know that Defoe has been a godsend for Toronto in MLS. 10 goals in 12 league games and he scored twice more last night in a 4-2 win over Houston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOlJEymId9w&list=UUc1qA_64TEqAX9pnGJOO0Dw

I for one am happy. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a feeling he'd do well there - that's a very good return.

Interesting that we're apparently quoted as 2/1 to sign Michah Richards in some of the papers today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can Micah Richards play at Left Back (joke)? I would be surprised if we are in the market for a RB.

It's rumoured that we have put a very decent offer on the table for Bony. The issue we have is that Liverpool now flush with cash from Suarez appear interested as well. They are welcome to Remy Loic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose Liverpool will be experiencing the same as we did last year when the Bale transfer was happening - they'll be linked with literally everyone.

The price of £3m is being mentioned in relation to Micah Richards which is actually a half decent price for a 26 year old former international. If he could stay injury free, he could be decent competition with Walker for the RB spot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ade out of the pre-season tour to the US after contracting a mild bout of malaria !

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/adebayor-update-130714/
  • Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    I was amazed the Hatstand found the plane back to London in the first place.

We haven't tried signing Micah Richards for probably three years. Maybe we'll get Chimbonda as well. Lovely player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested to see if we have taken all 29 players (that's excluding Ade) plus any youngsters to th U.S. With just 3 games to play on the tour there could be some wholesale substitutions going on in the second halves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to think we'll take more than a few of the youngsters. If MP is as keen to give them a chance as we're led to believe, I imagine there'll certainly be a few out there.

But then I think there'd likely be a lot of substitutions anyway - with these sorts of tours and friendlies, it's sometimes agreed in advance that changes will be made at half time.

I'm sure we've had a pre-season game before where basically two completely different teams played in each half.

Reading a lot this morning about apparently Sigurdsson refusing to leave as he wants to try and impress MP and Dawson stalling on moving because he either wants a 4 year deal or he wants a pay-off from the club as compensation as he'll be due a testimonial next year.

Opinion seems to be that it's likely going to stall any transfer activity if the two of them can't be moved on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess if a player is under contract and doesn't want to move then we can't force them to go. But then there is the threat of being left out of the first team!
  • Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    He wants compensation because he's due a testimonial - WTF is the world coming to! :D

I want compensation for all the time he wasn't available through injury.
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest rumour mill stuff:

Sigurdsson prefers Swansea to Palace.
    Dawson wants to keep his options open and not commit to Hull immediately. Probably hoping Barcelona want him and not Vertonghen.

Schneiderlin keen on coming but we have to make space first.
    Davies deal being looked at again.

Also, surprisingly, some suggesting Tevez as a possibility, could be complicated but at the right price could be a Levy out of left field deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tevez would certainly be an intruiging choice.

I suppose one way of convincing Dawson and Sigurdsson to go is for MP to just flat out tell them they're not in his plans for the season.
This discussion has been closed.