The End of Cult Spy

King_MrhKing_Mrh Posts: 502
Forum Member
✭✭
A great shame. I for one, am going to miss it.

Comments

• Mozart321Mozart321 Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    It's the only reason I read Digital Spy - they've lost one reader.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Me too. :(

Thanks to all the contributers to it over the years for a great section on DS. It's appreciated! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    It really sucks :( I wish it was Gay Spy that was ending not Cult Spy
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Any particular reason for it's end?
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh? Just about the only regular feature on DS that actually has a level of editorial creativity, and it gets binned. Brilliant decision bean-counters, just brilliant.

Oh well, I guess it frees up more bandwidth and advertising space for some vapid showbiz crap, recycled from TMZ, about nobody anybody has ever heard of outside of MTV 'reality' shows.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn! Every time I come on DS the first thing I do is check Cult Spy! It will be very much missed :(
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Utterly mind boggling decision. Cult Spy is the news focus of the Cult/Doctor Who forums.
  • purpletoonlinkpurpletoonlink Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Yeah! Why can't they get rid of the one with topless blokes... if women and gay guys want to look at semi-naked dudes there's plenty of other places on the internet for that! =P
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    Den of Geek it is from now on then...

http://www.denofgeek.com/
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! - Darth Vader

I'm afraid the end has not been prepared for at all! Cult Spy is my main port of call for DS!
  • mulderscullymulderscully Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    So sad Cult Spy is ending. What a shame. I will really miss it:cry: Thanks to everyone for making my day a bit brighter.
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it ending..? :confused:
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sucks I did not even know about this till I read this?
    Where can I talk about Lost , Star Trek and other shows now apart from IMDB?

Thats the only other board I use

Where will all these threads go?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely the forum will be staying as it is? But yeah, that was a bit of a jaw-drop moment reading that. It was like, yeah, we're not doing this anymore. See ya.
  • cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    clydefrog wrote: »
    It really sucks :( I wish it was Gay Spy that was ending not Cult Spy

So say we all. :(

Very disappointing news. Why on earth is it being axed?

As for Gay Spy, it is a total embarrassing waste of space (and I'm gay myself). Cult Spy on the other hand is always fresh, interesting and relevant.

Major DS fail. :mad:
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh? Just about the only regular feature on DS that actually has a level of editorial creativity, and it gets binned. Brilliant decision bean-counters, just brilliant.

Oh well, I guess it frees up more bandwidth and advertising space for some vapid showbiz crap, recycled from TMZ, about nobody anybody has ever heard of outside of MTV 'reality' shows.

Hey, you can never get enough news about the Kardashians!! How could we live without the regular 'news' about what they've done this week or what they think about something? Honestly, the shit that DS fobs off as 'news' is an insult.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming the "Cult" section will remain open, and we'll continue to get Cult/Sci-fi news stories (all sourced and available from other Digitaly-based media outlets, just as with all the TMZ rip-off stuff in the showbiz pages), but what we'll be missing is the regular editorial pieces that I for one have always been a huge fan of.

I was immensely proud when my tentative suggestion of a Michelle Forbes version of "Is.........the new Alan Dale" was used, and didn't tire of boring my mates/girlfreind to death by showing them the story.

If any of the DS management are reading, you've just got rid of the only thing that makes the DS Cult section individual and worth visiting.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    Hey, you can never get enough news about the Kardashians!! How could we live without the regular 'news' about what they've done this week or what they think about something? Honestly, the shit that DS fobs off as 'news' is an insult.

That's brilliant. We can have more BREAKING NEWS about when Katie Price last went to the toilet. Cu*t Spy indeed.:eek:
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Is the forum section staying?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:eek::cry:

Where will we all talk about Glee and Ashes??????!!!!!!!!!!!:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Hi,

The Cult Spy that is going is just the bi-weekly feature on the main site and nowt to do with the forums, so fear not.

Ben
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Hi,

The Cult Spy that is going is just the bi-weekly feature on the main site and nowt to do with the forums, so fear not.

Ben

Any reason behind it's demise?

And will your reviews continue?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a shame as I always enjoyed reading the Cult Spy articles, probably my favourite place on the site. Will there continue to be some reviews? It seems a shame to end now when we have the last season of Lost to dissect, the last series of Ashes to Ashes starting and of course a brand new Doctor Who. I always thought it was a shame the weekly programme reviews stopped as I enjoyed reading those as well.

Thanks to all involved in contributing, Cult Spy will definitely be missed! At least the forums will stay!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has to be said, its more than baffling

personally, im sick of reading about katie prices latest media antics, or which big brother contestant has taken a dump at 4-12 in the morning, - who makes these decisions?

the worlds going mad.. over zealous censorship is rife on here, yet its ok to report on all the ills of the world which dont matter.. like katie price on her 'nth' wedding, hoping for more kids by yet another passer by who'll fill the bank account

im just in shock..
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad the forums will still be up.