Kinky Boots

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
Forum Member
Has anyone seen the Kinky Boots stage show with Cyndi Lauper songs yet? I would love to go and watch it.
Kinky Boots is one of my favourite films ever loosely based on the true story of a Northampton shoe factory who saved themselves by bring out a range of fetish wear boots.

Comments

• wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't but people should SO watch the film.

One of the best British dramas in years. Funny, poignant, sad, and beautifully-acted. How it never got more recognition I'll never know but it's one of those total gems that flies under the radar.

I'm sure the stage show will be as fabulous in its own way.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinky Boots was such a litle gem of a movie and I love that the musical is doing so brilliantly on Broadway -

"Earning 13 Tony nominations — the most of any show — was the high-spirited “Kinky Boots,” about a shoe factory heir (played by Stark Sands) and a drag queen (Billy Porter) who team up in business and, along the way, overcome their respective daddy issues."

Kinky Boots V Mathilda in Tony Nominations

Great interview here with Cindy about how she and Fierstein paired up for this:

http://theater.nytimes.com/2013/03/17/theater/cyndi-lauper-on-being-a-composer-for-kinky-boots.html?ref=reviews
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I haven't but people should SO watch the film.

One of the best British dramas in years. Funny, poignant, sad, and beautifully-acted. How it never got more recognition I'll never know but it's one of those total gems that flies under the radar.

I'm sure the stage show will be as fabulous in its own way.

This. Loved it. Chiwetel Ejiofor is a brilliant actor anyway but he is genius in the role