Options

setting up daughters windows 8 account help

spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi just recently brought my 11 and 12 year old daughters a nokia lumia 520 each, go to set them up today, not realising they needed a microsoft account to be even able to download any apps on to the phone, so have set up the youngest daughters first, only it wont let me create a account for her, it says because of her age it needs a parent(me) to sign in to give permission for a account to be set up in her name, which I do and then it comes up with some rubbish about cant sign in as something is missing, i,e full name or date of birth, so at the moment i am sat with 2 bricks that i can pretty much do nothing with, has anybody else had this trouble, pretty stupid really as i am guessing this phone is pretty much geared up for the younger market?

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    marknotgeorgemarknotgeorge Posts: 2,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it reasonably simple to set up a Microsoft Account for my daughter's 520, but then we've used MS Family Safety parental controls for years, so she already has a Live account. With this you can restrict the app downloads to only free apps, or none at all. It's a pity there's you can't control the web filtering on the phones, but other than that, the 520 is a great phone for youngsters.
  • Options
    DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just got this phone for myself (adult :)) and love it. Did the Geek Squad article answer your questions?

If not, where did you buy it or what network's it on - ask them to talk you through it?