Channel 5's sale

1121314151618»

Comments

• CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    That said, I'm not sure whether a spinoff focussing exclusively on cyber crime has legs personally, so I wouldn't be too alarmed were Five not to buy it. It may be for the best.
    whilst its not true, IMO its shaping up to be a good show Patricia Arquette was awesome in Medium, CSI planted spin-off or not, I am interested in seeing it.

Surprised by the news that The Mentalist has been renewed.
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a ad for nick jr on channel 5 today. why watch one of this afternoons flims. so it looks like the Viacom promos have now started.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like it been approved now, Wonder when a Channel 5 promo will pop up on the other MTV channels.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a ad for nick jr on channel 5 today. why watch one of this afternoons flims. so it looks like the Viacom promos have now started.
    Looks like it been approved now, Wonder when a Channel 5 promo will pop up on the other MTV channels.

Nick Jr have been advertising on a lot of other channels too. You'll know when it's approved cause N&S will be removed from the channel 5 website, at the moment it is still there.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might have been a standard advert, was it during a break with the other ads? Or a programme trailer before/after the ads?
  • TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should be stated cbs and viacom are seperate entities in the uk and viacom have bought ch5 not cbs even tough cbs american made content has always appeared on channel 5 regardless of ownership of said channel - why should it change?
  • Monty_HallMonty_Hall Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what we want - tough content... for men. :)
  • henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monty_Hall wrote: »
    That's what we want - tough content... for men. :)

Looking over the current CBS schedule, there's not much in the way of tough content. Mike & Molly? Doesn't sound very tough. Two and a half Men (soon to be Zero Men, I think)? Nope. The Good Wife? Mom? 2 Broke Girls? No, no, and no again. Elementary, which I believe is that one with Lucy Lui that's yet another re-hash of the Sherlock Holmes oeuvre. That's soft as shi......

About the toughest I could find is Criminal Minds.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    IF it gets approved, I can see Sky and Discovery trying to bring it upmarket...

Sky remove their successful channels from Freeview so I cannot see how this is not bad good news for FTV .
    It makes no sense.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Sky remove their successful channels from Freeview so I cannot see how this is not bad good news for FTV .
    It makes no sense.
    I'm not sure I understand your first sentence.:confused: Anyway, it is Viacom which is buying Channel 5, not Sky. There is a rumour that Sky might take over selling advertising for Channel 5 but this looks to be just a rumour.
    Like most people on this thread, I think Viacom's purchase of Channel 5 will be good for the channel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hendero wrote: »
    Looking over the current CBS schedule, there's not much in the way of tough content. Mike & Molly? Doesn't sound very tough. Two and a half Men (soon to be Zero Men, I think)? Nope. The Good Wife? Mom? 2 Broke Girls? No, no, and no again. Elementary, which I believe is that one with Lucy Lui that's yet another re-hash of the Sherlock Holmes oeuvre. That's soft as shi......

About the toughest I could find is Criminal Minds.

Two and a Half Men (which is finally ending!), 2 Broke Girls, Mom and TBBT are made by Warner Brothers, despite being shown on CBS...
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 will continue to handle its own advertising sales following its purchase by Viacom, according to the US media giant’s boss Philippe Dauman.

Bit of a blow to BSkyB.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/b...contentID=2319
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 will continue to handle its own advertising sales following its purchase by Viacom, according to the US media giant’s boss Philippe Dauman.

Bit of a blow to BSkyB.

Not very smart by Viacom. They arent going to get the best deals with the current portfolio of channels. Plus they will have additional overhead after untangling the N&S cross selling post sale.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bit of a blow to BSkyB.

Plus they will have to invest in some content on Channel 5, Maybe The Daily Show Global Edition can air every Friday at 23:00 to improve things. Plus Comedy Central will be glad to not to have to show it on Extra.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Not very smart by Viacom. They arent going to get the best deals with the current portfolio of channels. Plus they will have additional overhead after untangling the N&S cross selling post sale.
    I don't see what additional overheads they'll have as they can probably relocate Channel 5 into Viacom's own premises. Maybe Viacom will bring advertising sales for all its channels inhouse when the BSkyB contracts end?