Doctor Who at Comic Con 2013

Comments

• Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    source please.

The BBC Doctor Who official Twitter page tweeted: "The Doctors - Matt Smith, David Tennant and John Hurt - will face the Daleks in the #DW50 special! More soon at http://bbc.in/NupXo6 " an hour and a half ago and Doctor Who Online (according to Doctorwhofancal) have said that they will, as well as Doctor Who Hub. I've seen it said on three different sites and whilst that's not completely definitive, I'm pretty sure we'll see it.
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so sure I believe that. Even if its true, midnight for a family show. What the hell are they playing at.

We will clearly never agree. But I hate how this UK show seems to belong to America more and more all the time.

We've been America's bitch for as far back as 1983 when they got to see The Five Doctors 2 days before us
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh flippin' heck, do I stay up another hour or not??? :confused:

Anyway, all this palaver is distracting people from my very important thread about Gurning in Doctor Who. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get what the problem is, to be honest. A far more frustrating situation would be everyone else in the world* having access to something whereas I alone do not and never will.

What we have here is a substantial yet limited amount of people who have had access to something while the rest of the world* has to wait a few hours (or days, hard to tell).

* = 'the rest of the world' meaning 'particular members of the rest of the world who actually give a damn'.
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    Daily mirror deputy tv editor now claiming it will not be uploaded

https://twitter.com/mirrorjeffers
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it doesn't get shown to us at all it is an outrage. Also. Oh look. DrWhoOnline front and center again in peddling false rumours for followers and attention.
  • ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    "We’ll be releasing the first official photos of the Daleks’ return in the #DW50 special very soon! http://bbc.in/NupXo6"
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah judging by the BBC Doctor Who twitter page it isn't getting released today, just a few pictures.
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember how long it was before The End of Time was officially uploaded after the Comic Con release?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zadeth wrote: »
    Anyone remember how long it was before The End of Time was officially uploaded after the Comic Con release?

Months, though that trailer was little more than the shot of the Master laughing.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For God's sake BBC, get into gear and please please please post that trailer!!!
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Months, though that trailer was little more than the shot of the Master laughing.

Ah. Couldn't remember exactly what it was. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooooooooh we get a few still pictures. Are we not blessed! Some still pictures of a dalek or two. This is the fun packed year of DW fun we all dreamt of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe that, i am waiting up just for a image of a dalek ?? your kidding me? i cannot believe this madness, getting excited that we will see a trailer tonight and now we have to wait most likely more weeks..
  • scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    ooooooooh we get a few still pictures. Are we not blessed! Some still pictures of a dalek or two. This is the fun packed year of DW fun we all dreamt of.

Don't forget they will be taking over television this year:o
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I knew it was coming, the "why is America getting first" nonsense, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

The comic con attracts fans from all around the world, including Britain, these are people have paid out quite a lot to be there, not to be mention how long they had to queue as I imagine the DW panel was quite popular. Since the license fee probably has come up somewhere :rolleyes:, the people attending the panel have probably paid far more than how much we've paid towards the show's budget, given that only a tiny amount of each household's fee goes towards DW each year. All information learnt there is online seconds after it's said anyway.

Also to be honest, I'd be more annoyed if I attended the panel and people who didn't pay or wait ages in a queue got the same info/trailers I got for free without leaving their house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot believe that, i am waiting up just for a image of a dalek ?? your kidding me? i cannot believe this madness, getting excited that we will see a trailer tonight and now we have to wait most likely more weeks..

Well to be fair what do you expect? Why should we get anything? Moffat is too busy out in America treating the hall full of a couple of hundred Americans who helped make the show what it is today to the exclusives.

Yeah sure. We help pay for the show and kept the flame burning all those years but we get some stamps and a model Tardis at Heathrow!
  • YorkshireKatYorkshireKat Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No chance of the comic con trailer being put up online then? thought I read it was? we're just going to get pictures? I feel a sulk coming on. :(
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get what the problem is, to be honest.

Nor I, Comic Con is a big advertising pitch, an opportunity to grow the fan base and it makes sense to run the trailers there.

We're a long way off from the next episode airing so little point in airing it here yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew it was coming, the "why is America getting first" nonsense, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

The comic con attracts fans from all around the world, including Britain, these are people have paid out quite a lot to be there, not to be mention how long they had to queue as I imagine the DW panel was quite popular. Since the license fee probably has come up somewhere :rolleyes:, the people attending the panel have probably paid far more than how much we've paid towards the show's budget. We will no doubt get the trailer in a matter of hours, probably after a midnight embargo, and all information learnt there is online seconds after it's said.

Also to be honest, I'd be more annoyed if I attended the panel and people who didn't pay or wait ages in a queue got the same info/trailers I got for free without leaving their house.

I can't be bothered to tackle the rest of it but your comment that a few hundred Americans have paid for towards the show than any of us is utterly untrue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Nor I, Comic Con is a big advertising pitch, an opportunity to grow the fan base and it makes sense to run the trailers there.

We're a long way off from the next episode airing so little point in airing it here yet.

Oh I dunno. Maybe the point would be some of us fans would like to see the trailer. How about that?

I am fine waiting a few days. But if they don't give us anything it simple isn't on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »

Can you explain how showing the trailer to a select handful of hardcore fans equates to increasing the fan base and advertising?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Not to be overly technical, but those complaining about "America getting the trailer first" should be complaining about "attendees of the Doctor Who Comic Con panel getting the trailer first." There are plenty of American Doctor Who fans not attending Comic Con, like me, who have not seen the trailer yet.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you explain how showing the trailer to a select handful of hardcore fans equates to increasing the fan base and advertising?

Cross fertilisation with all the other geeks that are at the convention
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diditagain wrote: »
    Not to be overly technical, but those complaining about "America getting the trailer first" should be complaining about "attendees of the Doctor Who Comic Con panel getting the trailer first." There are plenty of American Doctor Who fans not attending Comic Con, like me, who have not seen the trailer yet.

Well quite. This isn't a country vs country thing. Its just annoyance that a select few should get treated to something the rest of us can't see. Also holding it back serves no purpose. It just pisses everyone else off. The attendees at Comic Con got to see Moffat and Matt and Mark and Jenna. That's worth the admission fee.