How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Why do you say skint friends ?
    They don't appear to be answering over the plus questions and just saying game available on disc

According to Paul Rustchynsky (game director) on Twitter: "The PS+ Edition is still coming as promised".

He also says some gameplay footage is coming, it was captured just the other day.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Paul Rustchynsky (game director) on Twitter: "The PS+ Edition is still coming as promised".

Ahh ok cool. Was reading the comments on ps blog and was no mention of it. Good stuff.

Apparently no damage on cars though
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's a longer wait than expected but Project Cars will be out around a month later (hopefully). Driveclub PS Plus version should fill the void until it arrives.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    So other that NFS Rivals, what other racing games are there for PS4 between now & then? Disappointed the new Grid won't be released on PS4 so hopefully this plays as good as it looks & is worth the wait
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    So other that NFS Rivals, what other racing games are there for PS4 between now & then? Disappointed the new Grid won't be released on PS4 so hopefully this plays as good as it looks & is worth the wait

F1 2014... (maybe?) :confused:
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh ok cool. Was reading the comments on ps blog and was no mention of it. Good stuff.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/driveclub_playstation_plus_edition_is_still_coming_sony_confirms.html
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »

The Crew.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    F1 2014... (maybe?) :confused:

Doubt it :cry:

Don't even think they have announced it yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some more details about the game, taken from the PS Blog

Visuals – We’re constantly improving how stunning the game looks as we continue to optimise visuals and find new ways of pushing the PS4. You can see for yourself how it looks right now in the latest video we shared yesterday because all the footage was captured on PS4 from the game. It’ll look even better in October.

Audio – It’s absolutely state of the art. We’re continuing to refine the authentic sounds that we have for each and every car in the game and we’re going to put together videos that focus on this.

Driving – It already feels great to play and we’re continuing to add further layers to the physics to make it both more accessible for everybody and more sophisticated for experienced racers.

Clubs – We’re making it easier for you to keep up to speed with what’s going on in your club as part of the rework on the dynamic menus. We’ve also tweaked clubs to support up to 6 players instead of 12 (because the game is more fun with tightly-knit clubs and it paves the way for awesome 6 on 6 club races).

Tour – The difficulty curve for the campaign mode is becoming even smoother as we continue to optimise the vehicle handling and also refine the game’s AI for non-player racers.

Cars & Tracks – More time means more staggeringly detailed cars and exciting tracks too. If you haven’t already, check out the Ferrari in the video released yesterday. There are loads more exciting cars for us to reveal in the coming months.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    season pass for this game ?. If there is, I hope it isn't like the one for Forza, where some of the dlc wasn't included with the season pass. Also I wonder if the PS+ version will get free cars or tracks now and again.
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Game Director responded to a fair few comments on the Blog yesterday. He gace some details of what content we will get in the PS+ version
    The PlayStation Plus Edition hasn’t changed. It’s hardly a demo because you get access to all of the game’s features online and offline. The difference is that you only have 10 cars and you can only race in one country (which gives you access to 5 tracks with 11 distinct variants).

So - the good news is it sounds as if it is fully featured in terms of game modes. Bad news.... It does seem a touch light on actual content - 10 cars/ 5 tracks (albeit with variations) and one contry. The one country is a real bummer.
  • Options
    Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interested to see how this one pans out on the PS4, was reading earlier they're going to launch it 1080p @ 30 Fps....

For the more serious racers in here do you see it as a sim, arcade, simcade etc??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interested to see how this one pans out on the PS4, was reading earlier they're going to launch it 1080p @ 30 Fps....

For the more serious racers in here do you see it as a sim, arcade, simcade etc??

Simcade, which is right up my street. I'd rather play a PGR type game than Forza or Gran Turismo any day. Whilst 60fps would be nice, as long as it's a locked at 30fps it's is a non-issue for me.
  • Options
    Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simcade, which is right up my street. I'd rather play a PGR type game than Forza or Gran Turismo any day. Whilst 60fps would be nice, as long as it's a locked at 30fps it's is a non-issue for me.

30fps is fine for most stuff in racing games, the only time it kinda stutters is when racing online (ie a big crash involving lots of cars), I doubt it'd even register to most gamers.

Graphics look nice n pretty. The more racing games the better imo, I wonder what'll sell more on PS4, this or Project C.A.R.S, about time GT had some good competition.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    The Game Director responded to a fair few comments on the Blog yesterday. He gace some details of what content we will get in the PS+ version

So - the good news is it sounds as if it is fully featured in terms of game modes. Bad news.... It does seem a touch light on actual content - 10 cars/ 5 tracks (albeit with variations) and one contry. The one country is a real bummer.

Not sure about the amount of content in relation to this been a PS+ give away (Assuming its the only PS4 game that month) but as a freebie the amount of content seem pretty good when I think about how much time I put into GTHD in the early PS3 days. I got a lot of play time out of that little game with only 1 track (Forwards and backwards) and a handful of cars.

It will be interesting to see how the plays out in the end as they are giving you the core game for free which makes the upgrade effectively a huge day one DLC package. If priced right this could be a great new way to sell certain games digitally.

Hopefully the platinum is still possible with the PS+ version.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Not sure about the amount of content in relation to this been a PS+ give away (Assuming its the only PS4 game that month) but as a freebie the amount of content seem pretty good when I think about how much time I put into GTHD in the early PS3 days. I got a lot of play time out of that little game with only 1 track (Forwards and backwards) and a handful of cars.

It will be interesting to see how the plays out in the end as they are giving you the core game for free which makes the upgrade effectively a huge day one DLC package. If priced right this could be a great new way to sell certain games digitally.

Hopefully the platinum is still possible with the PS+ version.

I would seem thats the case
    Rustchynsky was also quick to defend that Driveclub: PS Plus Edition is "hardly a demo" because you'll have access to all of the game's features online and offline. The only difference, he says, is that you'll only have 10 cars and you can only race in one country which gives you access to five tracks with 11 distinct variants. Rustchynsky also confirmed that you won't be able to play through the entire single player in the PS Plus Edition because it "doesn’t include all of the cars and tracks that you’ll need to complete Driveclub Tour." Dont worry though, you'll still be able to earn that coveted Platinum Trophy without completing the Tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IGN say they'll have new gameplay footage next Friday. (9th May)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This looks like it could be vehicle damage. It's hard to tell from the video as it's so fast moving.

pic.twitter.com/25rK2kTaNY

What do you think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly looks scraped
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RUMOUR -

Driveclub demo will be released to coincide with Sony's E3 press conference.

(just 5 weeks away)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Upgrading the PS+ Edition of Driveclub to the full version will cost £42.99 but will only be playable as long as you are a subscriber.

If you want the full version of Driveclub to keep forever you'll have to get the retail or full digital download version. (I'm guessing £52.99)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8bSteMxFiE

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/07/whats-included-driveclub-playstation-plus-edition/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf that's crazy and surely bordering on illegal at that price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wtf that's crazy and surely bordering on illegal at that price.

I guess it's to stop people getting a 1 month sub and then upgrading for a nominal amount - they'd be practically giving the full game away in those circumstances.

Thinking about it from a personal viewpoint, I'll most likely be subbing to PS+ for as long as I use the PS4 (or PlayStation products generally) so £42.99 for a AAA full game isn't bad I suppose.

But yeah, I was a little taken aback when I first saw the price. Not what I was expecting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At that price id buy the disc, however I'll be trialing it to decide been this and project cars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At that price id buy the disc, however I'll be trialing it to decide been this and project cars.

Agreed. Probably best to try out the PS+ version for a while, and if it's great pick it up from Amazon or a supermarket for £40-something...... and nobody can take it away from you.