Have we already seen the creation of the Valeyard?

be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
Forum Member
✭✭
If the 11th Doctor is the final incarnation of his current regeneration cycle (including the War Doctor and the Meta Crisis to make 13), does that mean the description of the Valeyard could be applied to the half-human Doctor in the alternate universe?

"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor – even you. The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say you do not improve with age."

So could David Tennant show up as the Valeyard at some point?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    He would make a good villain.

He's been quite dark in some of his recent dramas especially with the floppy hair.

It would lend itself to there being two of him in the episode.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While it would be interesting to see Handy come back as a villain I don't think he will ever be the Valeyard.

For one the Masters words don't fit.

The Meta crisis Doctor was created while the Doctor was in his 11th Incarnation and not somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation as stated by the Master.

The Meta Crisis Doctor may make Matt Smith the Final Incarnation of the Doctor (Mk I) but it doesn't alter the numbering of the earlier incarnations.

The vagueness of the wording, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation compared to between your 12th and 13th incarnations allows the introduction of the Valeyard anytime between now and when the show ends.

Also what would the Valeyard do?

He somehow gets created and then at some point (possibly straight away) he gets recruited by the Time Lords and sent back into the Doctors personal past to put the Doctor on trial.

Or does he get created and spends ages fighting the current Doctor before going back and prosecuting his younger self.

If they do bring the Valeyard back into the show I think it should be post Trial where he was hiding out in Time Lord society as his fate would be more open ended.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dream Lord would be a nice fit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Ganger Doctor would fit also I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    More to the point...is The Valeyard an actual incarnation of the Time Lord sometimes known as 'The Doctor' or is he, like Cho-Je, just a 'future projection' who will cease to exist/merge with The Doctor when The Doctor regenerates into the future that The Valeyard is projecting (if you catch my drift).
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

The Meta crisis Doctor was created while the Doctor was in his 11th Incarnation and not somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation as stated by the Master.

The Valeyard was created when Matt spat on the Tardis console.
  • FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Capaldi to play the Doctor and the Valeyard.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He would make a good villain.

No, I don't think so.
  • thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure that the Valeyard will not again appear. Too obscure a character and little mileage to be gained. He simply doesn't fit into new who.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thorr wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that the Valeyard will not again appear. Too obscure a character and little mileage to be gained. He simply doesn't fit into new who.

Moffat has talked about him in interviews though, which does make me wonder if he has plans for using the character.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the 11th Doctor is the final incarnation of his current regeneration cycle (including the War Doctor and the Meta Crisis to make 13), does that mean the description of the Valeyard could be applied to the half-human Doctor in the alternate universe?

"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor – even you. The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say you do not improve with age."

So could David Tennant show up as the Valeyard at some point?

Noooooo!! Why, dear God, why would anyone want the Valeyard back? :cry:
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Personally I wont care if we never see or hear of the Valyard ever again.