Options

Watching & Recording Freesat

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
Forum Member
✭✭
I only have 1 lead coming from my dish, if I get a freesat box can I watch 1 channel & record another at the same time?

Comments

• Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - surprised with your number of posts you are asking the question but maybe your don't visit this forum much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Yes, if the programmes are on the same transponder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If possible, it is best to upgrade your install and at least have a 4 way quad LNB on your dish and have two cables feeding the Freesat+ box.

As mentioned, single feed mode offers a limited flexibility.

Automan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    No - surprised with your number of posts you are asking the question but maybe your don't visit this forum much.

You are correct, I don't visit Freesat very often. My Sky finishes today and either my box or TV has just started playing up. I suspect it is my sky box so I was toying with the idea of freesat+.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slyfox51 wrote: »
    You are correct, I don't visit Freesat very often. My Sky finishes today and either my box or TV has just started playing up. I suspect it is my sky box so I was toying with the idea of freesat+.

Replace the cable with a twin cable. Should only take 30 mins to an hour if its accessible.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is quite easy (and inexpensive) to replace the LNB and run an extra cable yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you give me a link to Maplin, ebay or similar to exactly what I need please so that I don't end up getting the wrong thing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you give me a link to Maplin, ebay or similar to exactly what I need please so that I don't end up getting the wrong thing?

If it was a Sky installation, you will have a Sky dish which is incompatible with standard 40mm neck LNBs.
    I suggest that you visit
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/
    which will guide you to the correct replacement.

If you are forced to use the same hole through your housewall then there is "shotgun" cable but is not as flexible, as single.
    Having used it once I would avoid it if possible.

When you said a freesat box it would obviously have to be a one with a twin tuner to be able to record one & watch another.
    My experience is only with Humax's Foxsat HDR, which are about £270 at John Lewis for a 500 GB HDD.

Welcome to freesat & freedom ! :D

David
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SWIZZ? wrote: »
    If it was a Sky installation, you will have a Sky dish which is incompatible with standard 40mm neck LNBs.
    I suggest that you visit
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/
    which will guide you to the correct replacement.

If you are forced to use the same hole through your housewall then there is "shotgun" cable but is not as flexible, as single.
    Having used it once I would avoid it if possible.

When you said a freesat box it would obviously have to be a one with a twin tuner to be able to record one & watch another.
    My experience is only with Humax's Foxsat HDR, which are about £270 at John Lewis for a 500 GB HDD.

Welcome to freesat & freedom ! :D

David

I have only been paying £11 a month for the last year with a £50 voucher for Tesco but it will soon go up to £23 so I thought it is time to get rid.