Options

Should i get a new iPod Nano or Touch???

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when the 16GB Nanos are going to be available on the high street?

Various places had some 8Gb's in stock, but I've not seen the 16 yet.
  • Options
    kingdavekingdave Posts: 1,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went in to the Apple store in the Trafford Centre on Monday to ask about buying a 16GB 4th gen Nano and they said they had none in stock and didn't know when they were getting them.

The guy basically said that Apple have given all of the allowance of 16GB models to the USA and all they can do at the moment is see what is in the lorry when it delivers on Mondays. It sounds like once Apple have made enough they will start coming through to other countries. Even the Apple UK online store doesn't have the 16GB version in all colours available yet, but you could buy it on the USA store if they were willing to ship overseas!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    ipod touch, awesome. not to be worried.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day the iPod Nano cannot be improved that much. It is a mature product of course they are going to just change capacities and add novelty features just to try and sell a bit more. Steve Jobs didn't seem overly excited about the Nano at the Keynote, but picked up when he started talking about the iPod Touch.

Most of the development is going to be going into the Touch and the iPhone as these are relatively new products. The Nano is far from dead yet though for those looking for a small compact music player that plays music and nothing else.