The New Coronation Street Set

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Sally and the graffiti- in Lego! http://youtu.be/E9UEvV553ss
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some really good shots last night, this fire wouldn't have looked as amazing on the old set.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    When Maddie was running from the Websters to the builders yard - just before she was blown up! - that area looked huge! I think the backdrop was the arch of the viaduct but it looked enormous.
  • StevieRStevieR Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    the flats have been blown up, the builders yard caught fire, the gym owner dead and the area behind the flats was covered with tarpaulin.

What do you think they'll do with this area? Get rid of the gym (hopefully), refurbish the builders yard and flats or knock them down and build something else?

And what is behind the "road closed" signs and tarpaulin? Have they already started building?

A new street? New houses, shops, businesses?
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no idea, but it will be fun finding out.

meanwhile the old set tours close on december 31st so its days are numbered
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been catching up recently, when did Kevin change the signs at the garage? lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a pic of the Garage's new look
    http://i.imgur.com/OBcqvjQ.png
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the Platts are finally converting their unused garage, lol
    http://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_TXD2jMdd4K8X2rLviS3-JkZ-McNue22kjM79_Y7ECRQ.jpg
  • Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Ha ha, I commented on the SOR thread how there is a window suddenly present in the side of the platts garage, net curtains n all ;-)
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the Platts are finally converting their unused garage, lol
    http://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_TXD2jMdd4K8X2rLviS3-JkZ-McNue22kjM79_Y7ECRQ.jpg

Probably already been mentioned on this thread but those flagstones are a new addition too. I also noticed that they're on the other side next to the Kabin flat/Rita's garage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lets see if they utilise their new set a bit more for the live tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    be interesting to see what happens to the old corry set now it's earmarked for demolition
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I havent watch Corrie for a while, whats going on with Kev's garage? When he gets the new one, is he closing the one next to Underworld?
  • WhiskyrumWhiskyrum Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    be interesting to see what happens to the old corry set now it's earmarked for demolition

it's going to be turned into apartments
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    I havent watch Corrie for a while, whats going on with Kev's garage? When he gets the new one, is he closing the one next to Underworld?

Isn't it just an extension, to allow him to different things in the different premises?

That said, I could be wrong, as you're not the only person I've read lately who thinks he's moving...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From today's news about the increase to 6 episodes, they mentioned they will be extending the set, sounds like this thread can be resurrected :D
  • Heanor_Man31Heanor_Man31 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From today's news about the increase to 6 episodes, they mentioned they will be extending the set, sounds like this thread can be resurrected :D

Excellent.

I'm hoping we'll see the houses on Mawdesley Street turned into 'proper' houses rather than the facade it is currently plus a Freshco frontage and also some of the less used interior sets eg. No3 being used on the backlot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm holding out hope that they will introduce a separate set for the precinct, including a Freshco, a relocated bistro, a library and other smaller shop units (something I have suggested a thousand times on DS over the past year or so).

If this does happen, do you think I can claim copyright over the idea? :D:D:D
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great ideas KK!

Really hope we see more outdoor space but this sounds like they're building more interior space so they can shoot more scenes at once, or am I misreading it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The current layout of the set will be extended to facilitate the expansion in production, and create additional studio space on the 7.7-acre site in Trafford, Manchester. The programme currently has four operational studios, as well as the exterior lot of Coronation Street, and space has been identified on site for the creation of a further filming zone.

Sounds like they extending both. I'd love a return of Freschos, think this would be the perfect opportunity to add it.
  • SS_SummerSS_Summer Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting! Definitely echo the thoughts here, a return of Freshcos would be a smart move. It gives another major workplace to the street instead of just the factory. Would they build any new homes ever I wonder? A few additional homes would help, a new family or two would help round out the cast and give a bit more scope I think. As it is the only place for new people to go is to have a flat in Victoria Court or to bunk in with an existing resident unless there are any vacant homes Im not remembering?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they extending both. I'd love a return of Freschos, think this would be the perfect opportunity to add it.

Me too. Imagine the job opportunities :D
  • HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite frankly I'm bored of them filming on set and would like to see a return to more on-location shooting. Fat chance of that.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,222
    Forum Member
    SS_Summer wrote: »
    Interesting! Definitely echo the thoughts here, a return of Freshcos would be a smart move. It gives another major workplace to the street instead of just the factory. Would they build any new homes ever I wonder? A few additional homes would help, a new family or two would help round out the cast and give a bit more scope I think. As it is the only place for new people to go is to have a flat in Victoria Court or to bunk in with an existing resident unless there are any vacant homes Im not remembering?

Haven't they built the back of some houses already? Couldn't they use them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SS_Summer wrote: »

I feel like I repeat my ideas all the time, so sorry to everyone for saying the same thing over and over and over again!

I would really like to see some larger Victorian/Edwardian town houses introduced through the Rosamund Street viaduct at the corner of Rosamund Street. We used to see some larger terraced houses in the first CGI opening credits when they were introduced in the early 2000s. Something like this perhaps?

Unfortunately ITV have opted to introduce a very pointless hardware store through the viaduct, but they really could have used the opportunity to have some more homes on the backlot. That's exactly what Corrie needs - more proper houses not businesses or flats.