Options

Forza Motorsport 5

Comments

• Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a problem. I currently use my Xbox to charge my phone so I might as well have it tethered anyway.

Seems a bit fishy that they couldn't fit it all on a BluRay disc.

This is probably why they had the always-on thing. Shipping incomplete games to force you into a Gold sub?
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the "required content" is on the XBL Marketplace, and needs a code that comes with a new copy...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    This is probably why they had the always-on thing. Shipping incomplete games to force you into a Gold sub?

I'd imagine you'd still be able to download the Day 1 DLC if you are on Silver, the only people this would affect is people without an Internet connection.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone wanting to lay odds on the additional downloads being borked for second hand copies?
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asmo wrote: »
    If the "required content" is on the XBL Marketplace, and needs a code that comes with a new copy...
    munta wrote: »
    Anyone wanting to lay odds on the additional downloads being borked for second hand copies?

Not even Microsoft would be that stupid.

Would they? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Our production schedule is such that we are putting them in as late as possible and that means making them free as downloadable content on Day One.

In other words its been rushed out in order to ensure its a launch title.
    I'd actually rather they launch the game when its 100% ready even if that means a delay. I hate it when games are rushed to launch on a hard date & then ends up been either full of bugs or feeling unfinished & requiring endless patches to add content within the 1st month of launch (GT5 for example).

Thats something I love about Project CARS, They will not launch that game until developers & the community believe its ready, There is no hard launch date & never will be, It will be released when & only when its ready.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    munta wrote: »

I asked MS about this and was told "The experience with Preowned games should be very similar to new games, any required updates would still be available"
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    F1_Dave_E wrote: »
    In other words its been rushed out in order to ensure its a launch title.
    I'd actually rather they launch the game when its 100% ready even if that means a delay. I hate it when games are rushed to launch on a hard date & then ends up been either full of bugs or feeling unfinished & requiring endless patches to add content within the 1st month of launch (GT5 for example).

Thats something I love about Project CARS, They will not launch that game until developers & the community believe its ready, There is no hard launch date & never will be, It will be released when & only when its ready.

These steps are being taken so that it's NOT rushed, that's the compromise. This game would of been scheduled and planned for day one launch a long time ago. Bear in mind the X1 was originally intended to be an online only console so this would almost certainly of been their original intent anyway and it wouldn't of been an issue (since an online connection was mandatory).

T10 have always taken the opportunity to work throughout the lengthy submission process to make the best game they can on release rather than sit and twiddle their thumbs, this is no different only this time the extra content disk is DLC and at the tail end of 2013 I really don't think there's anything to be too surprised about. What if T10 decided instead to make Forza 5 a downloadable-only title like any number of XBL/PSN/Steam games? There would be no issue right?

So what's the alternative, delay the game so this content can be pressed to disk? how will that benefit the actual game? I'm sure for those few people buying an X1 at launch without internet connections and without friends that have one, Game or other retailers may offer a wireless download service on launch day for this purpose (similar to the Wii U launch).

The fact is a complete game very rarely ships on disk these days, with games often requiring day 1 patches (sometimes essential), and additional DLC. This is nothing new. In fact Gran Turismo 5 done the same thing only polyphony made people wait 11 months and countless patches in-between to get the free "Spec 2.0" patch that went some way to address how the game should of originally shipped. All completely useless of course for those few without internet access.

Besides there's little doubt this DLC will be pressed to disk in due time and certainly for the complete GOTY/budget reissue.
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's been a clarification,

The game will be playable without going online, but you won't be able to complete career mode without logging in and getting the update
    You just need to connect online eventually in order to complete the career mode.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/forza-motorsport-5-install-offline-details-clarified
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asmo wrote: »
    There's been a clarification,

The game will be playable without going online, but you won't be able to complete career mode without logging in and getting the update

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/forza-motorsport-5-install-offline-details-clarified

When are these guys going to sort out their communication? They say stuff, have to go back and correct themselves, and then wonder why people kick off.

It's still a less then ideal situation though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exclusive interview with Dan G from the Forza party here

There's been two pieces of really great news which starts with the return of ForzaTV, which we've not seen since FM2 which allowed you to spectate on races and tournaments. I liked that as it was fun watching people who are highly skilled race in real time. It was also confirmed by Dan in an interview that real life tracks have been laser scanned!

Here's a short bonus vid showing T10 still at work recording cars at the dyno. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Came upon a few screenshots you might not of seen yet, unfortunately they are not 1080p though.

[1] [2] [3] [4]

On a slightly related note here is an article at Kotaku highlighting the rendering work of Luis Nieves who is recognised as creating some of the most lifelike representations of cars to date, his work on the Ford GT40 is pretty outstanding. The good news is he is now a Turn 10 employee. You can see his work here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting non-official behind the scenes look at FM5 and Turn 10 studios HERE

Typically news on FM5 has been very slow trickling out but we can expect a lot more info at Gamescom. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I apologise for that video, that really wasn't very interesting at all haha. I really do not like T10's PR, I guess a bit like Polyphony in that respect, they always starve us of information for months on end and then as we get weeks away from release everything is unleashed in one big data blast you can't keep up with it all.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooo, shiny.....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a507200/forza-motorsport-5-limited-day-one-editions-detailed.html

....Cancels Amazon order and pre-orders with GAME.
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheers, I was only going to be going for digital downloads next gen, I didn't even make it past launch day:o Anyway will wait and see if they offer the same content for digital downloads and I will cancel later on if so.

For forza 4 did they not run out of lce's and cancelled peoples orders. I would pre order if you are mulling it over and cancel later on if you change your mind:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll be picking up the LCE also, for £10 extra it's worth it. I just hope GAME get it out for launch day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laguna seca and SPA announced for forza 5

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FM5_Gamescom_2013

As we announced last week, “Forza Motorsport 5” will be playable at gamescom this year! In addition to giving thousands of fans the chance to play the game for the first time, we also have a ton of news about “Forza Motorsport 5”, including the announcement of two tracks that will be featured in the game: the return of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and, brand new to the Forza series, Spa-Francorchamps!

The addition of Spa-Francorchamps to “Forza Motorsport 5” will surely be music to Forza fans’ ears. Nestled in the Ardennes countryside of Belgium, the 4.3-mile Spa track is home to legendary corners like “La Source” and “Eau Rouge” and has been one of the most requested tracks from fans since the Forza series’ beginning. Laser-scanned and meticulously recreated at 1080p and 60fps, Spa makes its franchise debut in “Forza Motorsport 5”. We’ll have more on Spa, including screenshots of the track in the future, so stay tuned!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/thrustmaster-announces-xbox-one-ferrari-458-italia-racing-wheel

I was all up for getting a wheel, but at $400 they are having a laugh:D

I also cancelled my steelbook for forza 5, I have no intention on getting off my @rse and changing the disc, this is what my voice control remote control is for (Kinect). I hope they add the VIP status as dlc though.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Lol, Forza 5 is the only game i have pre ordered. I also intend to sit on my arse while i swap games, except Forza will probably live in the blu-ray drive.;)

Although, i have read that the day one edition is also available to download on the Xbox market for the first 2 weeks. I may have to change my pre-order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Lol, Forza 5 is the only game i have pre ordered. I also intend to sit on my arse while i swap games, except Forza will probably live in the blu-ray drive.;)

Although, i have read that the day one edition is also available to download on the Xbox market for the first 2 weeks. I may have to change my pre-order.

Is that just for a few tuned cars with special paintwork? But yeah next gen = sitting on arse and telling the machine what to do.

Next next gen will be about the console playing the games for you:D
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    smcbeath wrote: »
    Is that just for a few tuned cars with special paintwork? But yeah next gen = sitting on arse and telling the machine what to do.

Next next gen will be about the console playing the games for you:D

From euro gamer.
    [Special versions of Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 will be available to pre-order customers and as digital downloads for two weeks after launch, Microsoft has announced.

Forza 5's Day One Edition will include three cars with Day One-themed livery and custom tuning - the 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe, the 2013 Ford Focus ST and the 2011 Lambourghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    If anyone is twiddling their thumbs waiting for Forza to arrive - Midnight Club LA is £6 in the Rockstar sale that going on right now.

Its quite a fun racer, though a really hard game (they actually had to release a patch to make it easier when it came out as it had a brick wall instead of a learning curve.

The amount of traffic on the streets of LA still make the street racing a "challenge" and you actually lose your vehicle when you fail to win "pink slip" races.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could not get into that game it was so so hard, plus the elastic band catch up was insane u could be leading by 15 seconds and in one corner the AI opponents would shot past you.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I've never won a "red" race, just too damn hard and mistakes put you in last place...

Mind you that's just as true of the "green" races, brutal game.

But it does have motorbikes :D