What's the best song by Kelly Clarkson?

2»

Comments

• chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I love Kelly Clarkson! I've just been getting back into her stuff since I've downloaded Spotify. Her voice is just the best! Can anyone recommend me any other similar singers to her that I might like/have forgotten about? That voice!! Only one I can think of who has a similar powerful voice to her is Pink.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh man, this is tough. I automatically thought of The War Is Over though, so I'm going to go with that. Also, The Sun Will Rise and Maybe. She has so many great album tracks. Low has always been my favourite single of hers though.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even just pick one!

My ultimate favourite is:
    Behind These Hazel Eyes

Special Mention:
    Gone
    Addicted
    You Found Me
    Since U Been Gone
    My Life Would Suck Without You
    Never Again
    Honestly
    Don't Let Me Stop You

There's so many more!!
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally my faves are "Don't Let Me Stop You" (which should have been a a single!) and Honestly.
  • KriskikiKriskiki Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    I love Never Again the most I think.

Let Me Down and Honestly are close too!

She is an amazing singer, live she is even better. Her covers are out of this world and she had never mimed through her whole career!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boom Clap
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kriskiki wrote: »
    She is an amazing singer, live she is even better. Her covers are out of this world and she had never mimed through her whole career!

Yes! She should release an album of covers! Off the top of my head, her covers of You and I (Lady Gaga), You're Still The One (Shania Twain), Only Exception (Paramora), Fix You (Coldplay), Shake It Off (Taylor Swift), Up To The Mountain (Patty Griffin) and Go Rest High On That Mountain (Vince Gill) are my favourites. And her version of Lose Yourself by Eminem was pretty genius. :D
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourtie album of hers is 'All I Ever Wanted' in which I love every song, but my favourite would probably be ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 'Already Gone'.
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Of You
    Already Gone
    I Do Not Hook Up
    You Love Me
  • KriskikiKriskiki Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Yes! She should release an album of covers! Off the top of my head, her covers of You and I (Lady Gaga), You're Still The One (Shania Twain), Only Exception (Paramora), Fix You (Coldplay), Shake It Off (Taylor Swift), Up To The Mountain (Patty Griffin) and Go Rest High On That Mountain (Vince Gill) are my favourites. And her version of Lose Yourself by Eminem was pretty genius. :D

All of them are great, there aren't really any bad covers but Breathe (2am) is one of my very favourite songs she's sung, including her own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    The entirety of My December was simply fantastic. She did such a good job with that record, especially considering how appallingly she was treated by the record label. I just think it's a shame that the album didn't sell better to vindicate her efforts a little more.

If I had to pick one though I'd probably go with Sober. It's a perfect song.

Special mention to Addicted as well, glad to see that song's getting some love!
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breakaway!

Those lyrics are so applicable to me atm.
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of My December, talk about under rated.

I'm a big fan but I'm not sure about her latest offering, though I hope it does well for her because she is a lovely person as well as a great pop vocal talent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jdays wrote: »
    The entirety of My December was simply fantastic. She did such a good job with that record, especially considering how appallingly she was treated by the record label. I just think it's a shame that the album didn't sell better to vindicate her efforts a little more.

If I had to pick one though I'd probably go with Sober. It's a perfect song.
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »
    Most of My December, talk about under rated.

Flipping awesome album. It was doomed from the start thanks to Clive Davis, but I'm so glad she got to release it and tour it, and us as fans understood it and appreciate it. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have the likes of Maybe and Sober in my life to listen to!
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=NicoleRich;

other notable songs;
    Cry

this is a great power ballad, soaring vocals on the crescendo at the end of the song - a real iron fist in a velvet glove, probably my all time favourite.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally forgot about Let Me Down! Amazing song
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like quite a few of her songs. But i'm going for 'Never Again'.
  • qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since U Been Gone or My Life Would Suck Without You