Alicia - Breast is best

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
Forum Member
Forgive me but this has been bugging me since last night - Alicia's view is that breast is best when it comes to feeding babies .... There is nothing wrong with this of course and its the most natural thing in the world ...... What i dont understand is being so strong on those views and having so much surgery on her breasts ?? Im assuming she had it done after her kids (im not sure if you can still breast feed after having that sort of surgery)?? It just baffled me a bit feeling so strongly about something like that and then doing what she has done with herself.

Comments

• phil.cphil.c Posts: 2,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Katie Hopkins reply..

'Breast is best.. why... they have just put two words together that rhyme..

Peado and speedo ryhme but it's not right' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    phil.c wrote: »

I have to admit i laughed at that as well :D
  • tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breast milk IS better than milk powder, it gives a baby extra protection as it prolongs the immunity given from the mother to the baby, BUT if you can't do it or you are constantly suffering from mastitis then I don't feel a new mother should be made to feel guilty for not breast feeding.
    Forum Member
    tq21 wrote: »
    Breast milk IS better than milk powder, it gives a baby extra protection as it prolongs the immunity given from the mother to the baby, BUT if you can't do it or you are constantly suffering from mastitis then I don't feel a new mother should be made to feel guilty for not breast feeding.
    I totally agree :) If a mother can do it then fair play ..... I couldnt sadly but i think if you can then do it and do it where ever you need to i just didnt understand how she can claim to be so passionate about something like that but having had so much surgery on hers.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    Hopkins being against breastfeeding doesn't seem to gel with her usual opinions. She just trolls instead of believing what she actually says.
  • clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's lucky that she can breastfeed after so many surgeries. I'm assuming her ideas on healthy eating/home schooling etc. have only come about since she had her second child. Long after she set down the rocky road of cosmetic 'enhancement'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pompeybird wrote: »
    I totally agree :) If a mother can do it then fair play ..... I couldnt sadly but i think if you can then do it and do it where ever you need to i just didnt understand how she can claim to be so passionate about something like that but having had so much surgery on hers.

I think she's probably discovered healthy eating later in life after she had all the surgeries. I did agree with her on the almond milk, I switched from milk to almond about a year ago and I do feel much better for it, although I also switched to kale smoothies around the same time so... I hate the way Katie Hopkins goes on about fat v thin people but hasn't a clue about healthy eating.
    Forum Member
    I think she's probably discovered healthy eating later in life after she had all the surgeries. I did agree with her on the almond milk, I switched from milk to almond about a year ago and I do feel much better for it, although I also switched to kale smoothies around the same time so... I hate the way Katie Hopkins goes on about fat v thin people but hasn't a clue about healthy eating.
    Im "slim" and to her i probably look ideal but on the inside i have severe chrons , a severe spinal disease , Osteoporosis and loads of other issues ..... All this at the age of 33. Being slim does not always mean healthy like she thinks lol :)
  • phil.cphil.c Posts: 2,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul237 wrote: »
    Hopkins being against breastfeeding doesn't seem to gel with her usual opinions. She just trolls instead of believing what she actually says.

I think she was just enjoying baiting the vaccuous Alicia..

have you seen tonight when Cheggars told her a silly schoolground joke.

Straight over her airhead..:D

I had better edit this before people jump on me..

I have just seen thats their task. not to laugh..:D
    Forum Member
    clara28 wrote: »
    She's lucky that she can breastfeed after so many surgeries. I'm assuming her ideas on healthy eating/home schooling etc. have only come about since she had her second child. Long after she set down the rocky road of cosmetic 'enhancement'.
    This is what i was wondering
  • DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think fair play to her for breastfeeding. I can imagine as babies her kids really pigged out.
  • elizadooolittleelizadooolittle Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found Alicia's views contradictory; she would go on about what other people would eat and how bad these things are for them yet she is prepared to pump her body full of unnecessary drugs, potentially sketchy chemicals with implants and fillers etc all in the name of supposedly looking better. While I agree with some things she says about food, I don't think she's in a good position to make a point about being healthy.

I understand OP's confusion over the breast is best/implant stuff too. Alicia is a contradiction but I suppose in her own way she means well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pompeybird wrote: »
    Im "slim" and to her i probably look ideal but on the inside i have severe chrons , a severe spinal disease , Osteoporosis and loads of other issues ..... All this at the age of 33. Being slim does not always mean healthy like she thinks lol :)

Exactly she says she hates fat people because they are a drain on the NHS, but some people who are slim, can have atrocious diets but because they have fast metabolisms they look healthy on the outside.

Sorry to hear about your ailments, Crohns is an awful disease to have to live with.
  • Payne by namePayne by name Posts: 3,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To hear Alicia posturing on all things natural given the unnaturalness of her body, is frankly quite ridiculous.
  • rowing8rowing8 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Here, Here !
  • GalacticusGalacticus Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To hear Alicia posturing on all things natural given the unnaturalness of her body, is frankly quite ridiculous.

Not really. She has seen the error of her ways and is correcting her mistakes.

Hopkins, on the other hand, is determined to remain ignorant and determined to flaunt her ignorance at every opportunity.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saying she would rather die than not have boobs, sort of sums her up. A close friend had a double mastectomy last year because the cancer on both sides would have killed her. Puts these shallow, vain women to shame.
  • AbbieJayAbbieJay Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Hopkins thinks she's so much more knowledgeable than Alicia but she's quite ignorant about nutrition, and it's ridiculous to argue that pasturised cows milk is as good as breast milk for a baby.
  • Miss Con StrueMiss Con Strue Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe good breast surgery can preserve milk glands, making it still possible to breast feed after surgery. Whether Alicia still could after so many surgeries, I wouldn't know. Alicia is certainly right that breast milk is the best thing for a baby, which is why World Health Organisation advise breast feeding for at least the first year of a baby's life. Katie's comments just showed her to be more ignorant than the 'thick' Alicia - yet again.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phil.c wrote: »

If she had said it off the top of her head then I may have laughed. But her pre-rehearsed lines are so obvious, she may as well be reciting cracker jokes.