Options

How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I'm fine with crashing. If it works, it works.

Btw, you can get well out in front of Lisa on the first corner by not crashing too. It's staying ahead is the problem :)

Yep I'm ahead of Lisa for the first 5 seconds, shame the track doesn't end there :p
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I come on I knock another couple hundredths off but nothing significant.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume the ghost car I'm seeing (certainly not chasing as it's just too fast) is Lisa's. I need to try and stop the car sliding when I'm going fast into the corners as that's where I'm losing time. I lose at least a second or two in the corners after the bridge. Lisa seems to fly through those corners lol

Excellent driving from her though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah all going well with servers you get top player ghost (we call it lisa) and your own top lap of the session You started, sometimes also your last lap car.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try again this morning but I was struggling to put in a faster time than the 1:18.8 that I managed.

I'm hoping that we get an update for DC that allows us to download and/or watch a replay of other players laps (like we can with Trials Fusion). It would be good to be able to sit and watch how the fastest lap was done. How much speed was carried into corners and so on.

Respect to Lisa B for going from a 1:16 something to a 1:14 :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realistically she's carrying too much speed into corner before tunnel and smashing it. I don't seem to gain by trying this. Not sure what she does rest of course now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Realistically she's carrying too much speed into corner before tunnel and smashing it. I don't seem to gain by trying this. Not sure what she does rest of course now.

I'm just behind your time now. I'm gaining half a second going over the bridge but end up losing it in the corners immediately after that. it gets frustrating after a while lol

I meant to ask earlier, is there a limit on how many times we can try a challenge, for instance, no more than 50 attempts. it would make it a bit more competitive, now that we're racing for points in the league.

what do the others think. 50 attempts max to set ur fastest time ?.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I'm just behind your time now. I'm gaining half a second going over the bridge but end up losing it in the corners immediately after that. it gets frustrating after a while lol

I meant to ask earlier, is there a limit on how many times we can try a challenge, for instance, no more than 50 attempts. it would make it a bit more competitive, now that we're racing for points in the league.

what do the others think. 50 attempts max to set ur fastest time ?.

The problem with counting attempts is that on most tracks you can't tell.

We did this track maybe two weeks ago, the other direction, with a different car. The way the track is, you need to carry great speed from the last two corners into the next lap. You need to pass the line over 130mph whereas if you press pause and restart, you only start the lap at, say 120mph.

Then take a point to point challenge. You always start the lap from 0mph. They don't require you to carry speed from the previous lap into the ne t one. So whenever something goes wrong everyone restarts the lap but this isn't counted as an "attempt"

So for some circuit tracks we end up with loads of attempts but on most tracks, it looks like we only try it about 5 times which is always wildly inaccurate, just because the game doesn't count restarts as attempts.
  • Options
    Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,726
    Forum Member

She says that she uses R1/L1 instead of the traditional R2/L2 so maybe that's the trick.. Digital over analogue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it works for lisa but surely that's 100% throttle and brake rather than having a feeling for slight touches.

Just got off challenge to notice a few chasing down my position.

I'm running consistently around the low 1:18s every single lap. I can't really think what else to try to gain the 2.5s lisa has on me. It's the whole tunnel section and speed carried over bridge I'm losing it. I can also get 2 of 3 sections green but never same 2 and can't get 3.
  • Options
    heart break kidheart break kid Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I was husting Lisa on a 16 flat yesterday and I was on a 16.8. Was feeling my way around the track hunting for a few tenths thinking I could pop in a high 15 when she banged a 14 in! Don't think I can match that so might settle for (hopefully still) 3rd.

When does the challenge end?

Re. the double right after the bridge, I go to the middle of the track then unsettle the back end on turn in, drift round and make one apex out of the 2 rh corner, then brake hard once, just skim the wall on the left and punch out. Seems to be as fast as any of the ghosts I've raced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checking to see if I have everyone who's taking part in the DC challenges on my friends list.

PSN : xStormxBringeRx
  • Options
    TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys have some serious focus and attention spans, I get a bit fed up with the challenges after 3/4 laps!! :( Might have something to do with the seemingly impossible times I'm trying to get near, just don't have the dedication for it.
    My high point has been beating one of Lisas times last night on a tour event and I wasn't even trying that hard.......I'm sure Lisa wasn't either though!
    At least I'm top of my friends list on one event even if it does turn out to be shortlived.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,277
    Forum Member
    I know it works for lisa but surely that's 100% throttle and brake rather than having a feeling for slight touches.

Just got off challenge to notice a few chasing down my position.

I'm running consistently around the low 1:18s every single lap. I can't really think what else to try to gain the 2.5s lisa has on me. It's the whole tunnel section and speed carried over bridge I'm losing it. I can also get 2 of 3 sections green but never same 2 and can't get 3.

Nah I can still do slight or heavy braking. I prefer having 100% for throttle though, unless it's faster to coast through a corner. My main reason for swapping the controls is I've got small hands and it aches my fingers after a while when it's set for trigger controls.

I did legitimately set a 22.4 first sector once. I was getting angry at setting decent first sectors and finding loads more time in the final sector, but never in the same lap, so I took my anger out on the first corner instead after reading others were getting near my ghost with that method.
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    My high point has been beating one of Lisas times last night on a tour event and I wasn't even trying that hard.......I'm sure Lisa wasn't either though!
    At least I'm top of my friends list on one event even if it does turn out to be shortlived.

*Must investigate further* :p

Edit: Well I would do, if it wasn't for the near daily server outages!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    You guys have some serious focus and attention spans, I get a bit fed up with the challenges after 3/4 laps!! :( Might have something to do with the seemingly impossible times I'm trying to get near, just don't have the dedication for it.

The challenges between friends is the main staying point for me on DC or I wouldn't bother playing the game to be honest.
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The challenges between friends is the main staying point for me on DC or I wouldn't bother playing the game to be honest.

Same here. If it wasn't for the challenges I'd have traded it after completing the tour and 2 free dlc packs.

Instead, I bought the season pass - the dlc and our challenges will keep me going for ages. (Unlike Lisa, I can take a while to complete a pack!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should also be interesting if we get the private lobbies. See if we can get a few laps in that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn it game is down just now. I can see I've been knocked back to 5th but don't know who by and nothing I can do about it.

Off out to clean my real car. :(
  • Options
    TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »

*Must investigate further* :p

Edit: Well I would do, if it wasn't for the near daily server outages!

Please don't go looking too hard, :cry: ;-)
    My only hope is for the down time to last long enough for you to forget! :D

I'm quite enjoying the multiplayer racing, it obviously has a few ram happy types but you generally lose them on the first lap. Getting away quickly is absolutely vital, getting caught up in the pack can cost you a whack of time.
    I'm looking forward to the possibility of some DS races. :cool:
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Every time I go to play this game, the bloody servers are down! 😡 Cant remember the challenge I took part in. Haven't been able to play much the last fortnight due to busting my thumb but when I've tried, ive not been able to connect once. I'll not be able to take part in this one now either
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finishes about 7:30 I think. Hope its working by then. Who's up next ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's working again now.
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did say it was quicker to crash that 1st corner :) I could prob get low 16s on this if I could work out that tightening left near the end (I just crash that one now as well), but top marks to Lisa's 1:14, just impossible for mere mortals.
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done lisa. Ridiculous time.

And it's official, I'm rubbish :( 1 hour on it tonight and all I manage was a 0.038 improvement. Just couldn't figure out the last sector.

Denzil's up next I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Turns out it's the #1 global time for that car/track combo. :p

gilly's challenge results page 1 and page 2.