Options

Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening to Black Star Riders now. I like it, it isn't Thin Lizzy nor is it trying to be.

Really like Soldierstown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, my favourite songs on the new Black Star Riders album are Soldierstown and Blindsided.

Not a bad album overall.
  • Options
    Diamond HeadDiamond Head Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Time to do some Lizzy numbers off Thunder and Lightning as well Scott.:D

The Holy War.
    That's an excellent track and a lot better when done live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today I will be listening to the new Scorpions album, Return to Forever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see they have achieved a top 10 hit with it.

Good to see it

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-02-23/thunder-wonder-days-top-10-album-chart

It's excellent news. That's their 3rd highest chart position (assuming it doesn't go any higher).
  • Options
    data123data123 Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    If you like classic hard rock and heavy metal the new series of That Metal Show have started on VH1 US you need to use a VPN to watch it in the UK

http://www.vh1.com/shows/that_metal_show/video/full-episodes/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whitesnake - The Purple Album

A collection of songs from Coverdale's time with Deep Purple re-imagined in the Whitesnake style.

The ultimate homage to the band that put him on the map.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whitesnake - The Purple Album

A collection of songs from Coverdale's time with Deep Purple re-imagined in the Whitesnake style.

The ultimate homage to the band that put him on the map.

It's ok but I will keep listening to my Deep Purple records I think. David can't really carry these songs off anymore and with Glenn Hughes not on them. Sounds weak to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Trucker Diablo ablum was released to pledgers yesterday (not sure about general release). Have listened to it twice and I like it. Here's the first review

http://planetmosh.com/trucker-diablo-rise-above-the-noise/

Stand out tracks for me are Somebody Save Me and the excellent ballad Where Angels Fly.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Came across The Darkness new song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR35pRz7JQ8&feature=share

That video :cool:

And turns out they now have a female drummer given Eds departure, which can only be good bringing female talent to the forefront (not that I really listen to any female drummers but still)

http://emilydrums.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Came across The Darkness new song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR35pRz7JQ8&feature=share

That video :cool:

And turns out they now have a female drummer given Eds departure, which can only be good bringing female talent to the forefront (not that I really listen to any female drummers but still)

http://emilydrums.com/

Good to see more and more women getting involved in hard rock and metal these days. They have much to bring the genre be it through vocals, guitars, drums or whatever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Holy War.
    That's an excellent track and a lot better when done live.

So is Thunder and Lightning the title track i was lucky enough to see the Thunder and Lightning tour 5 times in the days before sound restrictions let me tell you it was deafining:).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is Thunder and Lightning the title track i was lucky enough to see the Thunder and Lightning tour 5 times in the days before sound restrictions let me tell you it was deafining:).

Phil had some difficulty singing TAL if the venue was too smoky!
    He does give his all on that track!
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not been on here for a while, glad to see it is still going, i have just bought tickets to see Blues Pills @ club academy manchester, but thats not what i wanted to say.

If you search their vids on youtube it staggers me that the metal community can be so closed mided, just because they are on nuclear blast label (not known for being very diverse) all of a sudden the record label are sell outs, suck ass etc,

Do these people not realise that it is labels that will do something leftfield that can sometimes deliver something great, def jam for example signing and releasing Slayers Reign in Blood.

Sorry just really annoyed me

And Breathe!!!!!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    Not been on here for a while, glad to see it is still going, i have just bought tickets to see Blues Pills @ club academy manchester, but thats not what i wanted to say.

If you search their vids on youtube it staggers me that the metal community can be so closed mided, just because they are on nuclear blast label (not known for being very diverse) all of a sudden the record label are sell outs, suck ass etc,

Do these people not realise that it is labels that will do something leftfield that can sometimes deliver something great, def jam for example signing and releasing Slayers Reign in Blood.

Yes, that sort of closed mindedness annoys me too. Blues Pills are a fantastic band playing bluesy psychedelic rock with soul and passion. That's not all that those metal fans are ignorant about. You should see some of the things they write about power metal or symphonic metal :eek:
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that sort of closed mindedness annoys me too. Blues Pills are a fantastic band playing bluesy psychedelic rock with soul and passion. That's not all that those metal fans are ignorant about. You should see some of the things they write about power metal or symphonic metal :eek:

And most metal is a derivative of blues anyway
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    An update on Bruce Dickinson

In a new posting on MAIDEN's Facebook page, the band's longtime manager Rod Smallwood offered the following update on Dickinson's condition:

"Bruce has asked me to thank everyone for their tremendous support and kind wishes. He has been extremely touched and encouraged by the genuine and affectionate response from our global family of MAIDEN fans.

"Radiology is cumulative and continues to build in the body for around three weeks after treatment, so even though Bruce's seven-week course is completed, he's had a long period of considerable pain and discomfort. He is happily now starting to recuperate and the pain will continue to abate and the swelling to reduce for the next couple of months at which time he will be able take an MRI scan. It is not until then that we will have full confirmation that the cancer has been completely destroyed. However, prognosis continues to be extremely good and everyone is optimistic for a full recovery. Following the scan, we will officially update you on [the band's official] website at the appropriate time, probably in late May. After that, it will take a few more months for Bruce to get back to full fitness. Naturally, the rest of the band are totally supportive and MAIDEN's plans will be determined by Bruce's progress.

"Please continue your positive thoughts. They are very much appreciated.”

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-plans-will-be-determined-by-bruce-dickinsons-progress-in-cancer-battle-says-manager/
  • Options
    Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the just released Oceans Ate Alaska debut album "Lost Isles" - a joy to listen to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

In a new posting on MAIDEN's Facebook page, the band's longtime manager Rod Smallwood offered the following update on Dickinson's condition:

"Bruce has asked me to thank everyone for their tremendous support and kind wishes. He has been extremely touched and encouraged by the genuine and affectionate response from our global family of MAIDEN fans.

"Radiology is cumulative and continues to build in the body for around three weeks after treatment, so even though Bruce's seven-week course is completed, he's had a long period of considerable pain and discomfort. He is happily now starting to recuperate and the pain will continue to abate and the swelling to reduce for the next couple of months at which time he will be able take an MRI scan. It is not until then that we will have full confirmation that the cancer has been completely destroyed. However, prognosis continues to be extremely good and everyone is optimistic for a full recovery. Following the scan, we will officially update you on [the band's official] website at the appropriate time, probably in late May. After that, it will take a few more months for Bruce to get back to full fitness. Naturally, the rest of the band are totally supportive and MAIDEN's plans will be determined by Bruce's progress.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-plans-will-be-determined-by-bruce-dickinsons-progress-in-cancer-battle-says-manager/

Bruce. A true British polymath.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw Halestorm live last week. Brilliant band. Anaethemic hard-rock with brilliant riffs. Definitely destined for bigger things in the years to come. Have loved all the singles of their new album.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Saw Halestorm live last week. Brilliant band. Anaethemic hard-rock with brilliant riffs. Definitely destined for bigger things in the years to come. Have loved all the singles of their new album.

I prefer Alestorm
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

Extremely good news prognosis is full recovery by the sound of it.

New album ready to go to its all looking fantastically positive.:)
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »

We're going to see Blues Pills in Bristol, really looking forward to it. The album is amazing.

It is sad how "closed minded" so many music fands are now, not just in Metal and it is pathetic to be honest.

A laberl like Nuclear Blast needs a diverse range of bands, even if they are nominally from the same "genre", to sustain the label. If they just signed bands a few morons decided were "metal" they would soon go out of business.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »

We're going to seethem on Friday and we're really looking forward to it. I've seen them a few times live and they always put on a great show. :)