Options

Sky forcing us to pay £60 installation fee

jamie1992jamie1992 Posts: 354
Forum Member
Our apartment was finally upgraded to twin Sky LNB feeds last month, adding full Sky+ (including HD) support for the first time.

We planned to upgrade our standard Sky box to Sky+HD, and chose the self-setup option on Sky's website (free HD box, no installation fees, £10 extra per month), but when we called them, the muppet on Sky's sales line insisted that self-setup was only available to existing Sky+ customers.

He claims Sky policy is that standard Sky subscribers must always pay the £60 installation fee, even if they already have twin LNB feeds.

Is this correct, or is he talking rubbish?

thanks,
Jamie.

Comments

• Options
    user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phone cancellations and explain your problem.

I wanted to upgrade a V1 Sky+HD box to a 1tb Sky+HD box, just a box swap with no work required by an installer. Sky on the order line insisted that there was no self-install option though the Sky mag had it in clear print.

I got to cancellations and they took my order but gave a £30 discount so I got what I was after. Cancellations have more authority to action things than the normal muppets.
  • Options
    njeonjeo Posts: 6,341
    Forum Member
    Sky+HD 1TB box from £249
    (Standard set-up fee applies. Existing Sky+ or Sky+HD customers may be able to choose self set-up for free). Self set-up offer ends 10 June 2010.

source:- http://www.sky.com/shop/boxes/1TB/

In the small print on the same page, it says "Self set-up option for Sky+HD 1TB box is £30 for existing Sky+ or Sky+HD customers." So I wonder in what circumstances it 'may' be free?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    njeo wrote: »
    In the small print on the same page, it says "Self set-up option for Sky+HD 1TB box is £30 for existing Sky+ or Sky+HD customers." So I wonder in what circumstances it 'may' be free?

I was interested in this offer and that's exactly what i'm wondering?
  • Options
    richy23richy23 Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I think we'll be upgrading before the world cup & we already have Sky+ and we'll be using self install option! We don't mind which box we get (the minimum is 250gb?) so hopefully it'll be ok for us! It's a very good deal if you just have to pay the £10 a month for a year and nothing else.
  • Options
    currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Freesat and never pay monies to the dark side ever again.
  • Options
    john_hunterjohn_hunter Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    currykev wrote: »
    Go Freesat and never pay monies to the dark side ever again.

And live with two HD channels rather than 50!! What a stupid unhelpfull pointless post!!