is there anymore snow to come?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,179
Forum Member
✭✭✭
the BBC site is crap for weather and i know theres a few keen weather watchers on here so i was wondering if anyone thinks there will be more to come, i'm in Grimsby and we have had it really bad, i'm not complaining, i still get out an get things done, i just want to get the kiddies back to school,and back into my routine (i'd have them off all the time but theyre ready to go back now, theres only so many snowmen you can build) :)

Comments

• John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are supposed to be getting some snow today, yesterday it was supposed to arrive at about 11:00am, this morning it was about 1:00pm, so if it does arrive I may well be in bed:D

We are in the North West , I understood from the forecast the the East/South Yorkshire were relatively free from further snow today, but come Monday the cold is supposed to kick off again.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    John146 wrote: »
    We are supposed to be getting some snow today, yesterday it was supposed to arrive at about 11:00am, this morning it was about 1:00pm, so if it does arrive I may well be in bed:D

We are in the North West , I understood from the forecast the the East/South Yorkshire were relatively free from further snow today, but come Monday the cold is supposed to kick off again.....

Lancashire is due for snow? I only ask because everytime I check the met office website the forecast has changed lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iHelix wrote: »
    Lancashire is due for snow? I only ask because everytime I check the met office website the forecast has changed lol

Haven't checked the forecast since about 8:30 this morning, which at the time said we in Lancashire could get rain preceded by snow this afternoon, must have changed.
  • LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its left medway so it ciomming to some of you mwahahahaha ;):D:p
  • grah2702grah2702 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the BBC site is crap for weather and i know theres a few keen weather watchers on here so i was wondering if anyone thinks there will be more to come, i'm in Grimsby and we have had it really bad, i'm not complaining, i still get out an get things done, i just want to get the kiddies back to school,and back into my routine (i'd have them off all the time but theyre ready to go back now, theres only so many snowmen you can build) :)

I use www.raintoday.co.uk if you put postcode in then radar will give you a constant readout of where weather is every 15 minutes.I live just outside Grimsby and it is dreadfull no 45 bus only just restarted today but railways were abandoned Tuesday and there seams to be no effort being used to reopen luckily enough food to keep going til mid next week.:cool::cool:
  • embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Local news says we're due some more about 4/5pm tonight. But at the minute, the sun is blaring!
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know after today here in Dundee there is to be a let up of snow but it is to be frezzing cold. This is meant to last into Christmas according to out local paper. What we need is the tempreture to go up and a big thaw but I can't see that sometime in the immediate future.
    Even if there was no more snow its so deep out there its going tot ake an awful lot shifting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John146 wrote: »
    Haven't checked the forecast since about 8:30 this morning, which at the time said we in Lancashire could get rain preceded by snow this afternoon, must have changed.

Just crossing Irish sea but the front seems to be breaking up so dont think you will be getting much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grah2702 wrote: »
    Just crossing Irish sea but the front seems to be breaking up so dont think you will be getting much.

Oh good, didn't really want any:D:D rain or snow
  • TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about time we had another snow thread.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just as an aside I see my posts are showing edit at the bottom when none of the others are how do you post without the edit showing?
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the forecast Thurrock has a chance of snow over the weekend.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as an aside I see my posts are showing edit at the bottom when none of the others are how do you post without the edit showing?

I think that stays there for half an hour so you can edit your post. Others will not show up for you as far as I know. We can only edit our own posts (for half an hour after initially posting)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't trust the online weather systems, didn't think we were due any snow yet woke up to a very white world this morning! It was only meant to rain :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that stays there for half an hour so you can edit your post. Others will not show up for you as far as I know. We can only edit our own posts (for half an hour after initially posting)

Thanks that clears that up I :Dknew there would be some intelligent being could tell me.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we have a slight rise in daytime temperature forecast with rain tomorrow, then -4 at night. Rain followed by freeze sounds rather ummmm ... icy!
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use www.raintoday.co.uk if you put postcode in then radar will give you a constant readout of where weather is every 15 minutes.

Thanks for the link :)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks that clears that up I :Dknew there would be some intelligent being could tell me.

I am sure one will be along soon grah. ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    I don't trust the online weather systems, didn't think we were due any snow yet woke up to a very white world this morning! It was only meant to rain :p

I noticed that (I'm on Anglesey). Was quite surprised to see the snow this morning. Just wondering now what this big lump of cloud currently crossing the Irish Sea is going to be. All the online forecasts say it's rain or at worse, sleet.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    next week we are getting loads
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that (I'm on Anglesey). Was quite surprised to see the snow this morning. Just wondering now what this big lump of cloud currently crossing the Irish Sea is going to be. All the online forecasts say it's rain or at worse, sleet.

I'm doing the same, it says it going to rain round here but really can't tell if the big grey cloud is bringing rain or more snow, always difficult to tell when you're stuck between the sea and mountains like this :p.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All indications are the cold is going nowhere fast and of a major reload sometime mid month-ish. The jet stream will have to straighten itself out before there is a major change in the weather, that could take a couple of weeks, it could take a couple of months.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Each and every weather forecast I have checked have said different for today and tomorrow and it keeps changing so I give in, not sure what to think! I would think the Met Office site is most reliable? and if so we are due for heavy snow later on but who knows, other sites say sunny spells.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it's going to 3 or 4 tomorrow for us with some rain in the early hours. That should get rid of most of what's left around here. We've been lucky - just a thick dusting that froze. I worked from home on Wednesday but it was only a precaution and because I was glad of the excuse.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    Apparently it's going to 3 or 4 tomorrow for us with some rain in the early hours. That should get rid of most of what's left around here. We've been lucky - just a thick dusting that froze. I worked from home on Wednesday but it was only a precaution and because I was glad of the excuse.

Melting snow and rain followed by temperature drop below freezing at night could lead to worse than the snow ;)