Swimsuit alteration - Sewing, style advice!

thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I recently bought this swimsuit from ebay (hope link works...)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Sexy-Womens-one-piece-lemon-Plunge-bikinis-swimwear-monokini-pink-S-M-L-/200715379085?pt=US_CSA_WC_Swimwear&var=&hash=item746d342c38

It's lovely, but I was thinking of adding a dark pink elastic band (it's more pink than coral in real life) under the bust to keep it in place over my chest.

Any hints on what might make it easier? I'm reasonable with a sewing kit and my mum is excellent (Grandad was a tailor), but she would need very specific instructions as otherwise she'd do things as she wants them done - she adjusted a dress for me - instead of letting out the waist an inch or two for comfort, she made it elephantine because that's what she thought looked good (not that I'm ungrateful, but she's bats :) )

I was thinking either a dark pink band of elastic on the inside, attached at the edges of each side, or a cord type piece of the same around the outside which I could tie in a bow?

Many thanks for any advice in advance :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about some thinnish gold rope that you could tie in a bow? Would lovely with the coral colour.
  • joijijoiji Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could you not use "tit tape" on the breast area?
    If you are going to add to it I would add 3 separate pieces - 1 each side and one between the breasts.
    Can you try a bikini top or bra underneath to see how it may look?
    I think it's great for sunbathing or walking around in but wouldn't want to dive in pool with it on, just incase:)
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joiji wrote: »
    Could you not use "tit tape" on the breast area?
    If you are going to add to it I would add 3 separate pieces - 1 each side and one between the breasts.
    Can you try a bikini top or bra underneath to see how it may look?
    I think it's great for sunbathing or walking around in but wouldn't want to dive in pool with it on, just incase:)

Yeah, it's my 's*d it, I don't want to be trapped in an underwire' holiday piece :)

Bikini and bras are a no-no unfortunately - I need to keep the shape in check on top or sewn to the underside. Three or four pieces (for the back as well perhaps) sounds like a good idea.

I like the idea of gold! Chocolate brown was another option. I think a dark pink underneath would be best structurally, vs a gold cord on top to look pretty!

Great suggestions and keep em coming if anyone has more :)
  • joijijoiji Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your right 4 pieces I forgot about the back! Deffo for sewing it underneath. Dark pink underneath with the gold is definitely on trend right now, and you could always change the colour of the cord when you wanted.
    Show us the result when you have decided.
    :)