Options

GRAMMY Awards

Comments

• Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Anyone watching the highlights on 4Music?

AC/DC were amazing! Proper rock n roll! Fantastic!

Really enjoying Tom Jones and JessieJ, Tom has an incredible voice for 74!
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha! A mini The Voice reunion with Jessie J and Tom Jones singing a duet. Thought Jessie J at times overpowered Tom with her vocals but by the end it was fine. Nice duet.

Ariana Grande looked stunning but what a dreary song!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand what the f Pharrell was on about with him winning being 'super awkward' - what?! Just enjoy the moment you idiot and stop trying to act all so humble! :D You've won awards already for this song last year! Lol.
  • Options
    rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is this shit Kanye West is singing?! If this was a female pop star using this effect on her voice she would be absolutely slated!
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    has madonna been on yet? i have just pressed record on the sky box
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Kanye's music but this new acoustic vibe he's got going on with his collaborations with Paul McCartney is shit! Crap song and so's the Rihanna one with McCartney too.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow barry gibb what a legend
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Ed Sheeran wins some awards at the Brits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna - good song. I really liked it....but that peformance. First of all her dancing was embarrassing. Secondly, was she singing live? It seemed to me she was singing to a backing track but the backing track was so loud it seemed to drown out her actual vocals! So could hardly make out her real voice. Why do artists do this all the time?! Make the backing track so loud. It's just dumb.

Ed Sheeran - boring! Adam Levine and Gwen Stefani - boring! More dreary songs!

Wow, James Corden at the Grammy's! He's done well! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hozier, he's British right? Another drab and dreary song! This is getting ridiculous now. Having said that it was a touch of class to bring Annie Lennox out at the end of his song who i have to say was fantastic!

Pharell, what the hell was that performance of Happy about?! I think he's lost the plot! Very weird!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for Sam Smith, it's happened. He now becomes the male Adele!

Yep. In the way that he's being overhyped for some pretty bland material and being called a soul singer when, in fact, both Sam and Adele are pop, not soul.
    OK, Sam Smith is a decent pop star but those calling him a soul artist don't know real soul
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy Perry - dull dull dull.

Usher - dull dull dull.

Jesus Christ, is there a theme for this year's Grammy's for everyone to sing the most dullest, drabbest and dreariest songs! Where the hell is the fun factor?!

Only people i've seen perform who were fun and looked like they were enjoying themselves was AC/DC and that was at the very start of the show!

Way too many shitty performances and not enough awards being given out!
  • Options
    fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's the edit but the show on 4music is appalling the dreary music has driven me to bed. AC/DC were great, didn't mind Ed Sheeran and Tom and Jessy J. Most of the U.S. artists were on a complete downer, ballads everywhere!! Even Usher, and what did Pharell do to Happy? It's mind numbing fare.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meant to say I felt sorry for that Hozier chap - Annie love please, it's embarrassing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hozier, he's British right? Another drab and dreary song! This is getting ridiculous now. Having said that it was a touch of class to bring Annie Lennox out at the end of his song who i have to say was fantastic!

Pharell, what the hell was that performance of Happy about?! I think he's lost the plot! Very weird!

He's from Ireland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga livened things up a bit. Shame about the song. Thought Gaga's vocal was very good.

Sam Smith and Mary J Blige, i do NOT need to hear this song again! F*cking boring!

What is this rubbish with Rihanna, Kanye and McCartney.....more ballady rubbish!

Is there any decent pop music to liven things up a bit?
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Madonna - good song. I really liked it....but that peformance. First of all her dancing was embarrassing. Secondly, was she singing live? It seemed to me she was singing to a backing track but the backing track was so loud it seemed to drown out her actual vocals! So could hardly make out her real voice. Why do artists do this all the time?! Make the backing track so loud. It's just dumb.

Ed Sheeran - boring! Adam Levine and Gwen Stefani - boring! More dreary songs!

Wow, James Corden at the Grammy's! He's done well! :D

Totally agree re Madonna. The song is decent but that performance... disappointing. I'm not particularly a fan but I really, really wanted to enjoy it. I guess I'm a sucker for a triumphant comeback. But that performance was not it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sia was great. By Sia i mean Kristin Wiig and the little girl. They were great. The singing at a wall with your back turned against the audience is starting to get a little tired now. Just turn around and sing your song like you're supposed to like a normal person!!!

I heard the words Beyonce and i thought finally some glitz, some glamour, some decent pop music to liven up the Grammy's.....nope! She sang a bloody hymn! Even she couldn't save the show.

Finally you get John Legend and Common. Now, i've never heard this song before so it was my first time and i thought it was decent but like everyone else who's performed tonight everyone is taking themselves so seriously!!!! No fun, no excitement, no nothing. What a seriously bad show this year!

I can't believe i gave 2 and half hours of my life to this shite. I'd take the Brit Awards over the Grammy's any day of the week! Roll on Ant and Dec!
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Totally agree re Madonna. The song is decent but that performance... disappointing. I'm not particularly a fan but I really, really wanted to enjoy it. I guess I'm a sucker for a triumphant comeback. But that performance was not it.

What was wrong with Madonna's performance? I thought it was quite a joyful performance. I loved her smile when she took off the jacket. People will never give it up to Madonna. I loved it. I don't see how anyone couldn't enjoy it unless they are biased against her. It was fun, creative and colourful. What's there not to like? I don't get it. And what's this talk of a comeback? She hasn't been away. She has been consistently recording and touring for the last 30 years.
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 2015 ceremony is going to be remembered as 'the year of the gospel choir'. Madonna had one, Beyonce had one, Sam Smith had one, Pharrell had one. I'm pretty sure there were a few others too that I'm missing.

It was a dull show though which was missing a 'wow' moment. Something that would have social media buzzing for days. Too many random duets and too many ballads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    It was a dull show though which was missing a 'wow' moment. Something that would have social media buzzing for days. Too many random duets and too many ballads.

It needed a LOT of wow's. They couldn't even manage one.

WAY too many ballad/soft/slow songs! Crimes against humanity! :D
  • Options
    SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy to see Miranda Lambert get the award for Best Country Album considering how many Grammys she didn't already have. I do however wish that she had picked another song to sing because to me, she sounded like she was trying to blend in with everyone else who was there which in my opinion is a sheer and severe slap in the face to country music. If she wants to rock, she can't be stopped. All that I ask is that she not label herself country if her intention is to sing something else.

God bless you and Miranda always!!!

Holly
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Yeah I noticed when watching this that it seemed like a night full of ballads lol.

I really liked Beyoncé's performance. Her voice was great.

I guess it would've been nice to have an uptempo song from her seeing as we had a lot of slow songs that night, but I guess as Beyoncé was doing a tribute it just wasn't about that.

Disappointed she didn't win album of the year but she still got 3 awards so that great.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    What was wrong with Madonna's performance? I thought it was quite a joyful performance. I loved her smile when she took off the jacket. People will never give it up to Madonna. I loved it. I don't see how anyone couldn't enjoy it unless they are biased against her. It was fun, creative and colourful. What's there not to like? I don't get it. And what's this talk of a comeback? She hasn't been away. She has been consistently recording and touring for the last 30 years.

I agree, her performance was really good and she looked like she was really enjoying herself and that smile she gave, loved the red outfit too!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Wow, Prince at 56, beautiful, fabulous, fantastic.