Prince Philip in hospital

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    If he wasn't well then he wouldn't be going home.

Isn't that the gist of what he said to the reporter last time? :D

lol I know, but sometimes people can look a bit frail when they leave hospital.

But I guess they don't discharge Royals when they're not 100% better, whereas us mere mortals get kicked out to give someone else our bed!
  • Options
    flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He left the hospital today !
    Its ok they are keeping his bed warm when he returns. which by all accounts will not be long.
    Just in time for the christmas holiday in balmoral .
    By the way the infection is blood cancer .which is very common with the over 80s and not fatal !
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My girlfriend's grandad is in a home now, he had a bladder infection last year and it was never treated, he now has vascular dementia, He was terribly confused which is a symptom of the infection which he never told anyone about for months until one of the neighbours spotted him acting bizarre. He's 85 and in a bit of a mess now.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its ok they are keeping his bed warm when he returns. which by all accounts will not be long.
    By the way the infection is blood cancer .which is very common with the over 80s and not fatal !

And you know this how ? As for fatal , that would depend on what type of blood cancer.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    And you know this how ?

I was just about to ask that! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Erm I think you'll find it can be
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bad cold could probably be lethal when you're in your 90s! Glad to see him out of hospital.
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see him out of hospital & looking fine for a 91 year old. Philip will carry on doing too much, listening to nobody & why shouldn't he.

C4 has a programme on his mother tonight. It will show just what a bizarre & disrupted childhood he had.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His mother was a war hero who was honoured by Israel! As well as being a bit mad. It should be an interesting program!
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said earlier, don't think the old git's ready to shuffle off just yet. Shame so many of our other oldies don't get the consideration and care he's geting though. My neighbour's 93. She could kick Philip's ar$e in the illness stakes but blimey, she battles on and still has very much the 'life force'. All the same, I hope he's ok.