Options

I just Dont Get It . . .

***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
Forum Member
✭✭
Why are people so jumping on this Band wagon that every man that argues with a woman in Big Brother hates women and is sexist etc and acting all like " big man arguing with a woman " or " oh hes going after the women " etc!

Its as though no man can argue with a woman in there or they are hated :confused: . . . we women are not weak and defenceless, we can stand up for ourselves and we also can be as opinionated, loud, obnoxious, nasty, provoking etc as anyone so whats with the attitude that as soon as a man argues back they are a terrible person???

It seems as though this craze is spreading as fast as the overuse of the term BULLYING :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    We saw that with Mohamed and Becks. She was screaming in his face yet he was public enemy number one for defending himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We saw that with Mohamed and Becks. She was screaming in his face yet he was public enemy number one for defending himself.

Yep, i agree! She was provoking big time and he still was public enemy number 1!!!
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got told I was ridiculous for saying that the women in the house should stand up for themselves rather than this constant sobbing for attention. It seems that the hysterics are what the viewing public wants. It embarasses me. None of the women I know would act like that.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ***KEL*** wrote: »
    Why are people so jumping on this Band wagon that every man that argues with a woman in Big Brother hates women and is sexist etc and acting all like " big man arguing with a woman " or " oh hes going after the women " etc!

Its as though no man can argue with a woman in there or they are hated :confused: . . . we women are not weak and defenceless, we can stand up for ourselves and we also can be as opinionated, loud, obnoxious, nasty, provoking etc as anyone so whats with the attitude that as soon as a man argues back they are a terrible person???

It seems as though this craze is spreading as fast as the overuse of the term BULLYING :rolleyes::rolleyes:

John james fan?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I got told I was ridiculous for saying that the women in the house should stand up for themselves rather than this constant sobbing for attention. It seems that the hysterics are what the viewing public wants. It embarasses me. None of the women I know would act like that.

Spot on! Same here, didnt we burn our bra's to become equal didnt we wanna be treated the same, now its like its going backwards and we are more delicate than we ever were :confused:
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No clue.... in my experience men arguing with women are looking for 'make up' sex :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    John james fan?

ticket holder for the bandwagon???
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some people can stand up for themselves, some can't. Some are naturally argumentative some aren't. if someone is argumentative then they should pick on someone who will fight back not on someone who they know won't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people can stand up for themselves, some can't. Some are naturally argumentative some aren't. if someone is argumentative then they should pick on someone who will fight back not on someone who they know won't.

yeah but some people you think cant argue back can really turn out to have a vicious tounge and some who look all big and hard actually aint! I think if someone winds someone up or they dont get on then you should be able to say your piece without fear of a massive over reaction!
  • Options
    Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member
    And if we blokes back you up in your rightful equality and say that the female HM is not being bullied and can stick up for herself, I have been called a misogynist on more than one occasion.

Seems that SOME women are not happy with equality and want more than equality by playing the 'weak helpless female' card to get what they want. And let's face it, with a lot of men thinking with their knobs and wanting to play the macho role to protect the 'weak female', women doing this usually do get what they want. Sadly they have to prostitute themselves to do it!

Give me an equal woman who wants to play fair on a fully level playing field any day. At least they will get rightfully respected for it. The other kind are setting women back years!
  • Options
    Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member
    Spot on! Same here, didnt we burn our bra's to become equal didnt we wanna be treated the same, now its like its going backwards and we are more delicate than we ever were :confused:

Yes good post that is what women have achieved it's just that some are spoiling it for you.

But then that's before we get onto blokes and their macho stances their inability to move on and out of the dark ages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And if we blokes back you up in your rightful equality and say that the female HM is not being bullied and can stick up for herself, I have been called a misogynist on more than one occasion.

Seems that SOME women are not happy with equality and want more than equality by playing the 'weak helpless female' card to get what they want. And let's face it, with a lot of men thinking with their knobs and wanting to play the macho role to protect the 'weak female', women doing this usually do get what they want. Sadly they have to prostitute themselves to do it!

Give me an equal woman who wants to play fair on a fully level playing field any day. At least they will get rightfully respected for it. The other kind are setting women back years!

:D That is a brilliant point! The whole show would be so much better if it was looked at as eg "oh coolio and nadia had a row" instead of stuff like "oh my god, what a sexist bully, shouting a women down"

its funny though because when John mccririk (however you spell it) said sexist things like he does, joke or not alot of people found it funny :confused:

im ashamed to say us women really do pull out the equality card and turn on the tears when it suits us . . . and play it to our full advantage on shows like big brother
  • Options
    CandiceCandice Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member

Good point. ;) Some HM's knew instinctively who to pick on and who they should shut the eff up with. Case in point - John James suddenly getting mute when Jo challenged him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

are you looking for an argument :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what happens when girls have the likes of Katie Price, Jodie Marsh, Kerry Katona, Chantelle and Chanelle as role models. The progress achieved by feminism is being slowly rolled back.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D That is a brilliant point! The whole show would be so much better if it was looked at as eg "oh coolio and nadia had a row" instead of stuff like "oh my god, what a sexist bully, shouting a women down"

its funny though because when John mccririk (however you spell it) said sexist things like he does, joke or not alot of people found it funny :confused:

im ashamed to say us women really do pull out the equality card and turn on the tears when it suits us . . . and play it to our full advantage on shows like big brother

Actually that's what I didn't get. Coolio was called sexist yet McCrirrick who is sleazy and lechy is funny. His comments about Josie and Makosi would have got him a thick ear if he'd said them about me. The man is repulsive, insulting and appallingly sexist and yet apparently a "legend". Go figure.
  • Options
    ElvispartacusElvispartacus Posts: 1,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    No clue.... in my experience men arguing with women are looking for 'make up' sex :D

that would be me !!!!!:D:D:D

sometimes theres nothing to do but argue...

just the build up u need for 'make up' sex :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually that's what I didn't get. Coolio was called sexist yet McCrirrick who is sleazy and lechy is funny. His comments about Josie and Makosi would have got him a thick ear if he'd said them about me. The man is repulsive, insulting and appallingly sexist and yet apparently a "legend". Go figure.

yep double standards . . . a legend for doing more that could be seen as offensive than for arguing with a woman
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ticket holder for the bandwagon???

Question answered TY.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that would be me !!!!!:D:D:D

sometimes theres nothing to do but argue...

just the build up u need for 'make up' sex :D:D:D

LOL.... my kind of bloke :D

I'm always happy when a man starts fighting with me ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Question answered TY.

a question with a question is not an answer ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a question with a question is not an answer ;)

Its called deflection, I confrimed my suspicions CSI style by going back through your previous posts and finding a pro JJ post relating to Ben. :cool:

Sorry I cant take anything female JJ fans say seriously they are blinded by his well-fit-ness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its called deflection, I confrimed my suspicions CSI style by going back through your previous posts and finding a pro JJ post relating to Ben. :cool:

Sorry I cant take anything female JJ fans say seriously they are blinded by his well-fit-ness.

forum snobbery raises its ugly head once again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its true though isnt it... only woman defend this guy even though he bashes them in the house - Corin, Rachael 1 & 2 sunshine keeley etc etc. have all felt his wrath for no reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its true though isnt it... only woman defend this guy even though he bashes them in the house - Corin, Rachael 1 & 2 sunshine keeley etc etc. have all felt his wrath for no reason.

Yes but your comments on 'female John James fans is hugely sweeping! I'm a 31 year old woman who can see his faults, his hissy fits and contradictions in his behaviour yet still found him a great housemate. Not because he was 'well fit innit" :rolleyes: