Options

Tmobile 'speed booster' added to account

Comments

• Options
    wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im totally confused, all I did was call up and tell them my internet was slow :/ i wasn't told anything about speed caps or data limits.

But I will check my t mobile account and ring to find out
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Im totally confused, all I did was call up and tell them my internet was slow :/ i wasn't told anything about speed caps or data limits.

But I will check my t mobile account and ring to find out

Well you said they added a booster to your account.

This is the only known booster that they can add. Usually it costs £19pm extra but T-Mobile have been known to add this on for free for some customers. It removes any speed cap and allows you to go over 4Mbps.

Downside is 5GB cap.

Have you been able to get over 4Mbps yet? If not then then maybe they never did anything to your account and just lied to you (Wouldn;t be the first time EE have done that)
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »

This is the only known booster that they can add. Usually it costs £19pm extra but T-Mobile have been known to add this on for free for some customers. It removes any speed cap and allows you to go over 4Mbps.

Downside is 5GB cap.

Have you been able to get over 4Mbps yet? If not then then maybe they never did anything to your account and just lied to you (Wouldn;t be the first time EE have done that)

Not idea why anyone pay 19 pounds more for that it cheaper to upgrade to ee4g 10gb then do that and you would get more allowance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    enapace wrote: »
    Not idea why anyone pay 19 pounds more for that it cheaper to upgrade to ee4g 10gb then do that and you would get more allowance.

This booster came out before EE4G.

£19 is the standard price.

Wrexham, what phone do you have? Windows phone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Downside is 5GB cap.

As of yet no, but it was only a 6 hours ago ( I was in the next town earlier as mentioned , done a speed test, it went to 6.5mbps but the overall test came out at 3.98 - download), but at the time when i called up I was told they would speed up my 3G, there was NO mention at all about data limits
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This booster came out before EE4G.

£19 is the standard price.

Wrexham, what phone do you have? Windows phone?

Galaxy S2. On the FM plan for £26 a month(was FM 36 but discounted , direct from tmob) , had it for 17/18 months
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As of yet no, but it was only a 6 hours ago ( I was in the next town earlier as mentioned , done a speed test, it went to 6.5mbps but the overall test came out at 3.98 - download), but at the time when i called up I was told they would speed up my 3G, there was NO mention at all about data limits

Sounds like the speed cap was still there.

In which case EE did nothing to your account except change your APN....

Great customer service as always... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the speed cap was still there.

In which case EE did nothing to your account except change your APN....

Great customer service as always... :rolleyes:

:o signal is great just that my internet was slow, im happy if they were to give me 2 meg internet, gods knows what they done. On another note anyone know what BT broadband mean when they say they will reset my SNR ?

My broadband had gone down to 0.43mbps BT said they will reset my 'SNR' at my exchange within 4-12 hours :mad: its still crap

(thanks tmobile for the tethering tonight on iplayer, you tube and tv catch up - no buffering at all :p:p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o signal is great just that my internet was slow, im happy if they were to give me 2 meg internet, gods knows what they done. On another note anyone know what BT broadband mean when they say they will reset my SNR ?

My broadband had gone down to 0.43mbps BT said they will reset my 'SNR' at my exchange within 4-12 hours :mad: its still crap

(thanks tmobile for the tethering tonight on iplayer, you tube and tv catch up - no buffering at all :p:p)

A high SNR means the connection is stable but speeds are low.

They are probably resetting to the target SNR to try and get a good "ideal connection" where stability and speed are ideal. Either your SNR is dropping to low or going too high.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A high SNR means the connection is stable but speeds are low.

They are probably resetting to the target SNR to try and get a good "ideal connection" where stability and speed are ideal. Either your SNR is dropping to low or going too high.

thanks

at the bt speed test site

Ping: 68ms
    download 0.46mbps
    upload 0.76mbps

How long does it take BT to fix this :(

its usually at 6meg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks

download 0.46mbps
    upload 0.76mbps

What is your download speed normally?

And can you post your router stats with the current SNR Margin.

I'm not with BT sorry, don't know their procedure/timescales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is your download speed normally?

And can you post your router stats with the current SNR Margin.

I'm not with BT sorry, don't know their procedure/timescales.

its around 6meg, I can look in hub manager, it states that since tuesday that the hub has basically disconnected and reconnected regularly, today i replaced the cabling to the extension socket with my brother ( an electrician) on the advice of BT, however the hub has been plugged in to the master socket for 4 days(front plate removed)

This seems to happen every few months, then I call up BT and it seems to magically 'fix itself' the day before an open reach guy is due to come
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its around 6meg, I can look in hub manager, it states that since tuesday that the hub has basically disconnected and reconnected regularly, today i replaced the cabling to the extension socket with my brother ( an electrician) on the advice of BT, however the hub has been plugged in to the master socket for 4 days(front plate removed)

This seems to happen every few months, then I call up BT and it seems to magically 'fix itself' the day before an open reach guy is due to come

Sounds like the SNR is dropping too low and the line has become unstable.

Not sure what the issue could be. Sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the SNR is dropping too low and the line has become unstable.

Not sure what the issue could be. Sorry.[/QUOTE

Well I dont have clue either :p , master socket has 2 extensions from it - kitchen socket which is years old , and BB to upstairs, so today we have left the kitchen socket disconnected too see if this 'may' have been the issue with the dodgy BB issue, just have to see when BT sort the SNR issue. Hope they reset it soon

just got a feeling Devon has answer to this hes always going on about computers and the internet :p:o
  • Options
    danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    thanks

download 0.46mbps
    upload 0.76mbps

its usually at 6meg

how far from the exchange? and 48 hrs.

i am 1.3Km get a sync of 20.7Mbps and a snr of 2.5 / 18Mbps throughput
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Just got one of those fantastic nexus 4 handsets,and put my t-mobile sim in,and i am getting 11000kbps downloads on my speedtest page,i thought there was a speed cap in place?
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    danielmeah wrote: »
    he probably just changed a profile. orange had something similiar.

they called it GPRS premium or something like that.

Enhanced maybe:

EGPRS
  • Options
    tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    Mary_Reid wrote: »
    Just got one of those fantastic nexus 4 handsets,and put my t-mobile sim in,and i am getting 11000kbps downloads on my speedtest page,i thought there was a speed cap in place?
    Only if you're on Full Monty now.

(Or Virgin)
  • Options
    barker71barker71 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the virgin speed cap apply even on the non unlimited tarrifs?
  • Options
    tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    barker71 wrote: »
    Does the virgin speed cap apply even on the non unlimited tarrifs?
    I believe so, saw an article in the spring that said Virgin were going to throttle everyone to 4megabit - something to do with costs they pay EE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Virgin don't cap their customers at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    jchamier wrote: »
    Only if you're on Full Monty now.

(Or Virgin)
    I am only on the basic package with a 1gb of data.
  • Options
    Chris1973Chris1973 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it cheaper to upgrade to ee4g 10gb then do that and you would get more allowance.

Assuming they live in a 4G enabled area.

EE now have over 100 4G enabled towns, but in real terms that leaves approx 1900 towns across England, Scotland and Wales still without any 4G coverage.

Wouldn't they also have to buy a 4G compatible phone? even if they intended to use it to fallback to 3G
  • Options
    Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Virgin don't cap their customers at the moment.

On my brothers virgin phone, speeds don't go above about 1.88Mbps so until I see someone post some proof that they don't I cant accept that claim people keep posting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On my brothers virgin phone, speeds don't go above about 1.88Mbps so until I see someone post some proof that they don't I cant accept that claim people keep posting.

Zee, loads of people on this forum have posted proof and you've responded to them

Tell your brother to contact CS as its an issue with his account and not a network wide issue as everyone on Virgin has uncapped speeds.