One Tree Hill - Renewed For 9th Season

Comments

• nats18nats18 Posts: 8,150
    Forum Member
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    That is seriously the ending. The episode as a whole was satisfying to me but the ending was crap especially as with the
    leap forward it's not even 'actual' Jamie. Also Millie is pregnant in the leap forward and (I think) we are led to assume that Bevan and Skills are together.

There's a part of the episode where they're all singing along to I Don't Want To Be which would have been a better way to end the episode.

I just can't believe Lucas and Peyton weren't in the finale. Was Hilarie asked to come back?

The only way the finale will be different is if the leaked episode isn't complete for whatever reason.

Sounds crap maybe it translates to screen better Does anyone know what year it actually is in Tree Hill I've tried to figure it out.
  • Harry.KewellHarry.Kewell Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    Sounds crap maybe it translates to screen better Does anyone know what year it actually is in Tree Hill I've tried to figure it out.

Well Haley said it was 10 years since she was a junior and being sat on the bench with Lucas in the last episode, so im guessing its 2013 having started in 2003
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    can i get a link to the final?pm?
  • CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe it's over :(
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    I did shed a year when
    they were all singing 'don't wanna be'
  • Happy_ChappyHappy_Chappy Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mia75 wrote: »
    I did shed a year when

Loved that bit!

Has anyone seen the "other half" of the "2 hour finale" - the bit with all the behind the scenes stuff and interviews?

Can't find it :(
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mia75 wrote: »
    I did shed a year when

Yes, that was quite moving.

Quite a fitting ending for One Tree Hill I think. Everyone lives happily ever after has always been the theme in OTH. No matter what obstacles are thrown in front of them, it always turns out well.

I thought we may have seen Whitey make an appearance in the finale but no. I was expecting more returnees than just Beven though. I know Lucas/Peyton wouldn't be back but was surprised that either Mia and/or Alex didn't show up. Mia should have been singing at the gig they had.

I quite fancy a re-watch of OTH from the beginning now though so will put that on my list for when I have finished my current re-watch.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved that bit!

Has anyone seen the "other half" of the "2 hour finale" - the bit with all the behind the scenes stuff and interviews?

Can't find it :(

nope, not found it. I was confused as I thought it was going to be a 2 hour (1.30 after ads) actual episode and the download I had was only 50 minutes so assumed the rest must be something like that.

Would be interesting to watch though.
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    I wondered why the leaked version I downloaded was only 50 minutes long and now I know why. I was hoping that it wasn't complete and the TV version would have extra scenes.
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved S9, but i was mega dissapointed with that ending. Far too much Julian, I've always disliked him, making him out to be this huge OTH character when he isn't..

Brooke was my favourite S1-S6 until Julian, well anyways The finale was definately missing Lucas & Peyton, they are my complete favourites overall of One Tree Hill. It's annoying, I really wanted Whitey & Karen to return, surely it wouldn't be to much to ask for, for a last episode.. It was 50 minitues they easily could of fitted them in. Also The ending was a little annoying.

The only new addition of the show i liked was Alex, but in the last part of season 8 onwards she became dull. I just wish Lucas & Peyton stayed /:
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I liked Chase as a new addition aswell.
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the final, was great seeing Nathan & Haley so happy, i've shipped them since s1 :-) I'm glad Peyton wasn't in it as can't stand the character, to whiny for my liking, I think Chad and Hilarie we're too busy to return (well that's what I read anyway) S9 has been a great season. I'm gutted that it's over though :cry:
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I agree.

I can get the others "forgiving" Dan, after all, Dan saved Nates life and he is going to die so why not give a dying man, who so much wanted to be redeemed to his family a happy ending, so to speak.

But if Lucas were to do it it wouldn't sit right, he never liked Dan even before he killed Keith so why should he care enough to forgive him now, or even pretend to forgive him.

It was a good ending for Dan and I yeyed when Keith showed up. I manage to stay spoiler free for OTH so it was a genuine surprise to me.

I only wish the conversation between Dan and Nate on the river court was real and not just in Dans head.

I think the opposite, Dan has saved Haley & Jamie (s6) aswell as Nathan (s9) so I would have thought he could have attempted to forgive him, I actually think Dan was sorry for killing Keith, I loved the lil bit at the end though :D
  • TutorGirl89TutorGirl89 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I thought that there was going to be more returnee's other than Bevin. I would have liked to have seen Karen, Whitey & Alex should have come back for Chase.
  • Happy_ChappyHappy_Chappy Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this is old news, but I had no idea "Lauren" and "David" were a real life couple and that she really was pregnant with his child when they were on set together as a couple! I do remember thinking it was a random pairing on the show but now it makes sense :rolleyes:
  • CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that there was going to be more returnee's other than Bevin. I would have liked to have seen Karen, Whitey & Alex should have come back for Chase.

Are you me!? :p

I'm nitpicking really but I so wanted to see Karen and Whitey. And Junk and Fergie!

So happy about Bevin and Skills, I always loved them as a couple.

The only real bummer for me though is that It makes my heart hurt that even in the future Chase has no girl, only Chris! I so wanted Alex to come back for him (even more than my No.1 character Jake), I think I'll always feel a little sad that she didn't.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,150
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this is old news, but I had no idea "Lauren" and "David" were a real life couple and that she really was pregnant with his child when they were on set together as a couple! I do remember thinking it was a random pairing on the show but now it makes sense :rolleyes:

Is this a couple from OTH I can't think of a lauren or david

Never mind laurens the school teacher and davids haleys ex brother in law.
  • Cole DeschanelCole Deschanel Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah, has the show ended in America? :confused: I thought all US Primetime Shows ended in mid May? I bet that means the final Season only produced less than 20 episodes. Why not a full rounded Season of 22 episodes like previous Years? It is the end of an era & I've not been watching the final chapter on E4 so I'll probably invest in the DVD boxset when it's released in England at the end of October. My DVD collection is only up to Season 5 as 6, 7 & 8 were simply abysmal on all levels so I truly hope that Season 9 kicked it up a notch and we got a taste of it's earlier roots from the first 4 Years which were gritty and captivating with great quips and juicy dialogue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah, has the show ended in America? :confused: I thought all US Primetime Shows ended in mid May? I bet that means the final Season only produced less than 20 episodes. Why not a full rounded Season of 22 episodes like previous Years? It is the end of an era & I've not been watching the final chapter on E4 so I'll probably invest in the DVD boxset when it's released in England at the end of October. My DVD collection is only up to Season 5 as 6, 7 & 8 were simply abysmal on all levels so I truly hope that Season 9 kicked it up a notch and we got a taste of it's earlier roots from the first 4 Years which were gritty and captivating with great quips and juicy dialogue.

was 13 eps, DVD is being released earlier than usual on June 11th http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Tree-Hill-Season-Digital/dp/B005YYCLVI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1334331731&sr=8-9
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »

Thanks for the link. The cover for the final DVD boxset looks ace, Julian looking SEXY as hell in a suit. Why isn't the gorgeous Chase featured or Quinn? Seen the trailor for tonight's ep on E4 with Chad Michael Murrey guest-appearing as Lucas & all I gotta say is EUGH. He looks awful with long hair & doesn't appear to have a good build like Seasons 1 - 6. Without giving anything away about the last ever ep / final scene & sounding biased, do any of you feel it was tantalising like old-school OTH from Seasons 1 - 5 or was there no notion of that? I really wanna buy the boxset if only for 'ol time's sake to see how everything concludes and where everyone's path leads but the last 3 Years after Season 5 were crap and what I felt to be a waste of 66 whole episodes as each Season has had 22 eps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, the chad episode is a massive disappointment :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member

i agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I gotta reserve judgement about the ep as a whole since I've not watched anything after the Season 9 fine but Chad Michael Murrey has lost his sex appeal as the long haircut looks awful. I imagine that's how he is in real-life cos that ep was 2.5 months old. Whose your favourite hunks? I love Chase glad he began showing some skin after Season 4. Nathan(s a hunk & if you've read my above post you know where I stand on Julian but only when he has short hair like Seasons 6 7 & 9.