GTA 3 on PS3 Next Week!!

2»

Comments

• AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Erm... so the cliches and gangstar/hood stuff weren't to much for you in San Andreas

No, because I could escape to the country on a tractor.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    That would require companies to still work on emulation though and have to be submitted, there's a reason why the emulation profiles on the Xbox 360 haven't been updated in years! Why waste time and money creating an emulation profile for free when you can simple re-submit the whole game and make a profit off it.

As sad as it is, that's how it is, would you choose to invest £40,000+ to create something for free, when you can include the game in that process and put it on sale for £7.99?

It wouldn't cost £40 000 to develop an emulation profile for each title. Most cases it would be a lone developer changing five or six settings from default, Or even better let the average user change each setting to get the best result for their games
    Forum Member
    You could even call it PS2 compatibility Beta version and make it quite clear that not all titles are supported at default settings.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still have a 60gb PS3 and all the GTA games, so I don't need them again.

I really wish they could remake them in HD with trophies and multiplayer.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like its been delayed due to an "Unforeseen Complication"

the complication being they haven't got clearance for one piece of music on the game

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/20118-ps2-classic-release-of-gta-3-delayed/
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember there were legal issues with K-Jah which is basically just an EP of a Scientist album, I wonder if it's related to that.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    It's actually because the ORIGINAL Build was submitted, for those of you who may not know, a song was cut from GTA III from the PC release onwards and future pressings of the PS2 version. That song is "O mio babbino caro" from Gianni Schicchi which was featured on Double Cleff FM. So yeah, that kinda slipped by, not sure how it went like that, but the game has to resubmitted again.
  • TVScourgeTVScourge Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    It's actually because the ORIGINAL Build was submitted, for those of you who may not know, a song was cut from GTA III from the PC release onwards and future pressings of the PS2 version. That song is "O mio babbino caro" from Gianni Schicchi which was featured on Double Cleff FM. So yeah, that kinda slipped by, not sure how it went like that, but the game has to resubmitted again.

Well I hope its no more than that. I guess that's the same reason why Lionel Ritchie isn't on Flash FM on the Xbox and PC version of Vice City.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a song was cut from GTA III from the PC release onwards and future pressings of the PS2 version. That song is "O mio babbino caro" from Gianni Schicchi which was featured on Double Cleff FM.

Is the reason why it was cut known? I remember playing GTA III for the first time and finding it hilarious to drive around squishing pedestrians and crashing into things whilst that song played!
  • djfrancisdjfrancis Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    i'll get it if its not more than 7.99 ... hopefully gets a plus discount too

i'd rather it was vice city or san andreas though

san andreas :D:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be better news

Vice city > III >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> San Andreas

Suppose releasing them in order makes sense though, any news on it appearing on the store yet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I think a re-release is a good prospect, but I personally would have liked to see additional radio stations.
    Forum Member
    Afraid I can't give you guys much of an update right now, last I heard it's back in Sony's hands so it depends on how fast they can clear it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    do you have a link that you can share?
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,191
    Forum Member
    Now that this has been released, is it the best version available in terms of picture quality/visuals? Does it match that of the Xbox version (now with restored song) or is it a PS2 ported jagfest?
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    Now that this has been released, is it the best version available in terms of picture quality/visuals? Does it match that of the Xbox version (now with restored song) or is it a PS2 ported jagfest?

The resolution of the iPad/Android version is better but it's missing detail that was in the Xbox version (as its a port of the PC version). Overall I would say the Xbox version is the best.
    Forum Member
    The PSN version is the original PS2 version.

The iOS/Android version is a port of the PC version with some Xbox Models.

The Remastered 2004 Xbox version is still overall the best version graphically.

This will be the same case with Vice City, PSN version will be original, iOS/Android version will be PC version with more Xbox Models this time and the improved xbox Lighting Effects.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Does this, or will Vice City, work on Vita?
    Forum Member
    Unless Sony update the Vita to work with PS2 Classics, then no, it won't be playable on the Vita.
    Forum Member
    Unless Sony update the Vita to work with PS2 Classics, then no, it won't be playable on the Vita.

Although nothing to stop rockstar releasing it through the Playstation Mobile framework for android and then doing a quick port for Vita.
    Forum Member
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    Although nothing to stop rockstar releasing it through the Playstation Mobile framework for android and then doing a quick port for Vita.

As annoyingly as this will sound for Vita owners, there's seriously not enough reason to do a Vita version, Rockstar proved last gen that they could do full 3D games on a Portable with Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, which to this day are still PSP and PS2 exclusives.

Now the goal is to get that same tech playable on most modern day smart phones, there's just nowhere near enough a demand to take the extra time and money costs out to do a PlayStation Mobile process and a Vita version.

The Apple Store and Android Marketplace allows these games to go up for a cheap price which many people would be ok with paying, but the licence costs and other things to do an xbox Live or PlayStation Network release would push that much higher, we already have people complaining that the PS2 Classics version of GTA3 costs £7.99 (as will Vice City and San Andreas) where as the remastered Mobile versions only cost around £3.49.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,191
    Forum Member
    Damn just the original. I really hope the PS2 trilogy get a HD Collection, to tie-in with GTA 5.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    Damn just the original. I really hope the PS2 trilogy get a HD Collection, to tie-in with GTA 5.

Yeah I hope so too :D