Wildcard

marymclmarymcl Posts: 663
Forum Member
✭✭
I have been reading numerous articles today where they are suspecting a wildcard.

Who is the strongest contender for the wildcard?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Melanie I would say. Possibly Paul or Joseph.

Really hope they do a wildcard!!!
  • WayfarersWayfarers Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Melanie hopefully.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul for me followed by Melanie and Joseph
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive heard rumours that each judge/mentor gets to steal someone who didnt get past judges houses and have them in their category
  • MistyBlueEyesMistyBlueEyes Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit like the voice then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive heard rumours that each judge/mentor gets to steal someone who didnt get past judges houses and have them in their category

This would be a really refreshing twist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

how would that work

gary has the groups...so he didnt pick groups ...so sharon can pick a all female group to join in her boys category?

or or louis can pick a female singer to be in with boys ...stupidest rumour ever
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Paul but I doubt there will be a wildcard .
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member

There are several articles and the media are starting to hint at it like last year and someone has even asked Nicole:

Joseph talks about wildcard: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factors-joseph-whelan-tempted-2346962

Nicole talks about wildcard (at end of vid :() says that anything is possible with Simon Cowell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AedISpMfxNA
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why not? They've used them every year since 2010.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Probably Melanie or Joseph would be the wildcard but I'd rather it be Relley or even Code 4.
    Forum Member
    There are several articles and the media are starting to hint at it like last year and someone has even asked Nicole:

Joseph talks about wildcard: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factors-joseph-whelan-tempted-2346962

Nicole talks about wildcard (at end of vid :() says that anything is possible with Simon Cowell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AedISpMfxNA
    There isn't one they normally tease it at the end of judges houses if there is one or reveal it at the end of judges houses .
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Why not? They've used them every year since 2010.
    There won't be one it would have been revealed and teased by now.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Girl: Melanie (even though I love Relley to bits, she won't get far due to split vote with Hannah/Tamara - prefer it if Relley came next year and was a definite final 3)
    Boy: Paul
    Overs: Joseph (again like Relley, Andrea was my fav, but would prefer it if she could come back next year and blew everyone away and get a better edit otherwise she wouldn't get far).
    Groups: Next of Kin (I know it won't happen but hunks <3)
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    There is no Wilcard this year so fans of rejected singers *cough Melanie fans* need to let it go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There won't be one it would have been revealed and teased by now.

There's no rule that says it has to happen on Live Show 1 though : they had a wildcard vote as late as Week 6 in 2011.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul. Could take or leave any of the other possibles to be honest.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no rule that says it has to happen on Live Show 1 though : they had a wildcard vote as late as Week 6 in 2011.

There would have to be extraneous circumstances for that to happen though. The only reason they did it was because of the Frankie drop out, so something similar would have to happen this series. The only reason it was justifiable giving the wildcard contestants a free pass to miss all the previous live shows in 2011 because they'd already made it through JH and to the the live shows in the first place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    There would have to be extraneous circumstances for that to happen though. The only reason they did it was because of the Frankie drop out, so something similar would have to happen this series. The only reason it was justifiable giving the wildcard contestants a free pass to miss all the previous live shows in 2011 because they'd already made it through JH and to the the live shows in the first place.

There are no rules at all concerning wildcards though (just as there are no real rules to the format of the live shows), they can pretty much make it up as they go along. They obviously wouldn't introduce wildcards in week 6 this year, but there were would be nothing to stop them holding a wildcard vote in week 2 if they felt like it.
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are no rules at all concerning wildcards though (just as there are no real rules to the format of the live shows), they can pretty much make it up as they go along. They obviously wouldn't introduce wildcards in week 6 this year, but there were would be nothing to stop them holding a wildcard vote in week 2 if they felt like it.

they wont do that again this year, that was an epic fail last time, did nothing to help boost and sustain the ratings, just pissed people off
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abcd wrote: »
    they wont do that again this year, that was an epic fail last time, did nothing to help boost and sustain the ratings, just pissed people off

You're talking about Christopher Maloney? They're the ones who gave him the pimp slot on his audition show plus a sob story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    There is no Wilcard this year so fans of rejected singers *cough Melanie fans* need to let it go.

I want a wildcard so Paul can come back - best boy by far
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul, it's a no brainer for me, he's a mile above the rest..

Joseph, at a push as he'd be "something visual, that's not too abysmal."

Seeing as it's been a "nasty," year, with that vile spectacle with the chairs at Boot Camp..perhaps they should continue in the same vein and give us the opportunity to swap an act from each category..

I'd go for ousting the Lego Ladies, a.k.a. Miss Dynamix, in favour of any of the other groups who originally auditioned as a group.

Rich
    x
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ratings have dropped recently, having a big wild cards twist could help to get them back up
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    The ratings have dropped recently, having a big wild cards twist could help to get them back up
    No they haven't there doing much better than last year a lot more conisistent .