Options

Greggs frozen food in Iceland

2»

Comments

• Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we,ve tried them all and they are all very good, my kids love them and theyre handy for quick lunch or dinner, not too expensive either :) my sons fav is the chilli bake havent been able to get that for a while so i dont know if theyve stopped making this one
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    curvybabes wrote: »
    we,ve tried them all and they are all very good, my kids love them and theyre handy for quick lunch or dinner, not too expensive either :) my sons fav is the chilli bake havent been able to get that for a while so i dont know if theyve stopped making this one

i saw them yesterday in our Iceland, so they still do them..I not tried those, but might give them a go next time :)
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I've tried the sausage rolls and the sausage and bean melts and they are both nice. I actually prefer the frozen sausage and bean melts to the ones from Greggs itself.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I've tried the sausage rolls and the sausage and bean melts and they are both nice. I actually prefer the frozen sausage and bean melts to the ones from Greggs itself.

i agree, the one from Greggs seems to be too greasy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    i agree, the one from Greggs seems to be too greasy.

maybe its cos they cook loads on the tray, therefore they get more grease to them, as we just cook the odd one or two on a tray :p ( i notice i got a bit greasy tray when i came outta the oven ;)
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i saw them yesterday in our Iceland, so they still do them..I not tried those, but might give them a go next time :)

thats good my son will be pleased :) will have a look nrxt time im in
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Made a mental note of this thread a while back and thought i'd give the Greggs/Iceland sausage rolls a try.
    Excellent,4 for £1.50.Best sausage rolls on the market.
    As Orangemaid said,frightening amount of grease/fat in the tray afterwards.But better out than in eh?.:D
    Also bought a pack of Chicken Bakes.Still to try them.
    Greggs would do well to farm them out to Tescos/ASDA's etc.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    maybe its cos they cook loads on the tray, therefore they get more grease to them, as we just cook the odd one or two on a tray :p ( i notice i got a bit greasy tray when i came outta the oven ;)

Could be, but I thought they would have some system to take the grease away.

i cook mine in the halogen oven on a non-stick pizza mesh cut to size, like this one, I got it from pound stretchers. so all the fat goes to the bottom of the oven. the problem is Ps don't seem to have them at the moment, I will have to get a few from Amazon.

you be amazed how useful that mesh is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are going down the same road as America with obesity. I saw a couple in a frozen food shop the other day, they were enormous (proper super sized american looking!) - I looked in their trolley and it was full of precooked fatty pastries, pies and loads of other shit.
  • Options
    simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only like them from Greggs when they are "red hot" so to speak. I find it quite usefull to keep them in the freezer for when I need a quick meal. All of them so far have been good. I normally get the frozen veg ones as well but I get them from a Greggs in Sheffield they sell me 6 frozen at a time as the one near does not stock them.