Rotten Tomatoes always negative reviews?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anybody take them serious? The reviews are always negative
even for good movies most sites rate much higher.

Comments

• Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody take them serious? The reviews are always negative
    even for good movies most sites rate much higher.
    For starters why is this in the comics forum?:confused: But I quite like Rotten Tomatoes and agree with it about 90% of the time. The reviews are not all negative and what good films are rated better elsewhere?
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RT almost always takes the opposite view to the public, RT is basically a conglomerate of critics views.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isnt it renouned for negative reviews?
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    RT almost always takes the opposite view to the public, RT is basically a conglomerate of critics views.
    Out of the current US Box Office Top 10 they give 6 films a good rating so I don't think that is true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally RT aligns with my opinions. Well, I don't like every film that gets a high overall score, but I can usually guarantee if it has a low overall score on there, I'll think it's terrible.

I find it a good guide as to whether I should bother watching something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I think RT is about right. I've yet to see a truly awful film get a high figure or truly brilliant film get a high figure...

It's worth noting that RT figures can change rapidly, depending on each country's release. This is 40 was rated fresh until it's UK release when an influx of negative reviews, primarily relating to the films American sensibilities (and the fact it 2.5 hours long)...