Options

Westworld.

logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On right now, Brolin, Bryner and Benjamin...i wanna go!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ****..i was gonna tape it, i love that film
  • Options
    logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, Bryner is still the baddie!
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    **** I forgot all about this film, I hope it's on iplayer.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched, superb film.

So apropos, was reading the reviews just now on IMDB.

Have to ask,
    What is wrong with people, are they really just stupid?

Nit picking about plot holes, moaning about how a theme park like this wouldn't be commercially viable, ooooh, doesn't it look dated, ect. ect.

And very, very, few mentioning the main theme.
    Man plays God, his creations turn round and say "that doesn't give you the right to treat us anyway you want".
    Or is that the main theme?
    Maybe the machines just go haywire.

The clever thing about Westworld is that it doesn't decide for the viewer, it leaves you to think about it.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Westworld and FutureWorld are films that could do with a remake, or at least an updated sequel.

Yes of course Yul Bryner can never be replaced, but it would be good to see a film with the same spirit but today's FX.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was funny when the Yul Brynner taunts the guy.
    'I think he wants his Mama'.:D
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westworld and FutureWorld are films that could do with a remake, or at least an updated sequel.

They were, technically, in a no robot-humping roundabout sort of way, with Jurassic Park.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Asmo wrote: »
    They were, technically, in a no robot-humping roundabout sort of way, with Jurassic Park.

Westworld was written and directed by a certain Michael Chrichton who went on to write a certain book about a theme park populated by dinosaurs...

Brynner was great as The Gunslinger - a wild west Terminator :) . I still get nightmares about that character!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The recurring Michael Chrighton theme of technology going wrong, and running amok.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    excellent satire on usa politics as disneyworld ...... partly based on p k dick "the simulcra" ........

apparently yul brynner had only 1 lung. when doing King and I on broadway he used to exit into wings for deep breaths on oxygen cylinder .....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    I also watched it last night...still a great movie despite the cinematography looking a bit dated...but hey it was made nearly 40yrs ago
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I was a bit surprised by how slow it was and how much padding there was with long scenery shots. I found it a bit boring this time around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    I was a bit surprised by how slow it was and how much padding there was with long scenery shots. I found it a bit boring this time around.

Weirdly I`d forgotten how much time was spent describing the technical aspects of the robots.....Still want to visit the brothel though:D:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Haven't seen that in ages. I'm surprised there hasn't been a remake by now.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    It's still a good and entertaining film and that's a testament to Michael Crichton's creativity. There was also a sequel, Futureworld, about robots replacing people. That didn't involve Michael Crichton and I can't recall ever seeing that film.
  • Options
    redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    I thought it was an excellent film, very much a predecessor of Jurassic Park.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Bob125 wrote: »
    Haven't seen that in ages. I'm surprised there hasn't been a remake by now.

a remake would be good..uptodate version sounds good lol