Hannibal Season 2 US-PACE & Speculation

Comments

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Good ep :)

When we saw the burning body, and later had the dental ID, I thought "Oh well, I guess Will did do it, as how could he have faked Freddie's death to that level?".

Didn't expect Jack to be in on it, too...

So, when and how did Will convince Jack of his plan?

Do the forensic guys know, too, or did Jack switch the dental records without them knowing?

When they were fishing.

IMO the Forensic guys do know but it's possible Jack may have switched records.

The fact that Freddy is being kept at the FBI headquarters suggests to me that a few people there (inc the Lab guys) know. If it was only Jack and Will in on the secret they would have Freddy hidden away somewhere else.
  • Options
    Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this TV series any good!?

I didn't know it's season 2 already, not seen first series yet!

Sames goes for bates motel
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Is this TV series any good!?

I didn't know it's season 2 already, not seen first series yet!

Sames goes for bates motel

Bates Motel is good. Hannibal is VERY good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew Freddie was alive! So happy to see her lol. Jack has been noticeably quiet waiting to 'land' Hannibal. Will hasn't succumbed to the darkness although he has a fear of losing control to Hannibal and of himself. Although the confession about Abigail was oddly genuine and he actually felt a sense of remorse for taking away Will's paternal instincts towards Abigail. How incredible was the detail when Hannibal was sniffing Alana's hands and they show the gunpowder?!
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't dislike the Mason character anymore. I think Hannibal will eat the guy for breakfast though.

What Hannibal did to Mason in the books was arguably worse than being eaten :o - though we are drifting somewhat from the book events so nothing is set in stone. But then again sometimes things move back toward the book events. Quite clever really as it keeps me on my toes:D
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that episode was rather graphic :o

I also wondered whether they would keep to the book or not when it came to Mason.

Absolutely love this show, though. So glad it has been renewed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    What Hannibal did to Mason in the books was arguably worse than being eaten :o - though we are drifting somewhat from the book events so nothing is set in stone. But then again sometimes things move back toward the book events. Quite clever really as it keeps me on my toes:D

I was in a happy, slightly smug, ''I've read the books'' kinda place before Chilton was shot. But his possible/probable death snapped me out of all that. Hannibal won't die. Everyone else is an option for rudekill:o So I totally empathise with your BIB.

Winston is the only one with any morals in this show. Dat dog don't do 'uman.:D:D

I did think for a moment that Hannibal had killed all of Will's mutts. So the fact that they were OK made me very happy. The Hannibal Mason face-off then seemed a relief.:blush:

Dr D killed her own patient after being persuaded. I thought Hannibal had done it and that's why he wanted to kill her. Things like this is why I love this show all the more. Only one left in this run - then rewatch!

PS
    Cool eel by the way(smugness resumed)
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Fantastically graphic. When Mason said "I'm full of myself" I couldn't help but burst out laughing. :D Michael Pitt is amazing. It's great to have him in the show alongside Mads.

Hannibal's face when Mason stabbed the arm of his chair... that's when you knew it was the last straw!

I loved the analysis in this ep of the mind games Hannibal's been playing all season, slowly changing Will while staying in control of everything happening around him. It's a shame we only get to see so little of the divine Gillian Anderson.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fuller explains how they were able to nab Gillian Anderson for a few hours despite her hectic schedule

WARNING! Fuller teases the finale a little - no biggies however
    http://www.avclub.com/article/hannibals-bryan-fuller-adventures-standards-and-pr-204648

We had set up this whole storyline with Bedelia that we were going to do in this episode, and it is only due to Gillian Anderson’s absolute dedication to the show, because she was doing Crisis and The Fall concurrently with this. We had no business getting her back at all, and the way it worked out is that she had one day between finishing Crisis before starting The Fall, so she literally wrapped production on Crisis Saturday morning at, like, 3 a.m. or 4 a.m., got on a 9 a.m. flight from Chicago to Toronto, landed in Toronto at 10, and was on stage, in front of the camera, by noon. And we had her for six hours before she had to catch her next plane, so she could arrive in Ireland to get her wardrobe fitting on Sunday before she started shooting The Fall on Monday. It was crazy that we got her, and it was only because she was like, “I love this character. I love working on this show. I’m treated very well on this show. I want to come back and continue to be Hannibal Lecter’s therapist, because it’s a ball.”

Awesome lady.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Fantastically graphic. When Mason said "I'm full of myself" I couldn't help but burst out laughing. :D Michael Pitt is amazing. It's great to have him in the show alongside Mads.

Hannibal's face when Mason stabbed the arm of his chair... that's when you knew it was the last straw!

I loved the analysis in this ep of the mind games Hannibal's been playing all season, slowly changing Will while staying in control of everything happening around him. It's a shame we only get to see so little of the divine Gillian Anderson.

Crisis has been cancelled?
    But Bedelia's tale has been wrapped up I fear.

I found this ep very funny in places. And I don't feel any weirdness saying that. Does that make me odd?
  • Options
    Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy Michael Pitt didn't die, I thought he was a goner, nice to see GA back too. This show doesn't seem to waste dialogue, it's all there to be listened to and followed...and so graphic! Excellent, excellent episode - funny and harrowing. This season will bear a rewatching :D
  • Options
    ian2k8ian2k8 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was a hell of a Season finale, not gonna spoil anything but for there is a scene after the credits thats a good twist.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was she on the plane?:confused:

Who survives that bloodbath for season 3?

Hope it starts up again later this year rather than early next.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that was a heck of a season finale. Not seen one quite like that before. From the first scene it was a ticking clock that was building the anticipation bit by bit.

I'll put this in spoiler tags so don't read if you've not seen it yet!
    I'm not sure about the Gillian Anderson twist. I know it's the whole 'the players being played the whole time' thing but that felt more like a last second twist for the sake of it rather than something that was planned all along. It would mean they were acting for the sake of no one when they were alone together wouldn't it?
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    That's how you do a finale! The most beautiful yet brutal episode of the season. The intensity was turned up to 11 the moment Hannibal caught a whiff of Freddie on Will. Who will survive? It's all up in the air for season 3!

I agree about the final (mid-credits) scene. Perhaps GA has become more available with her other show being cancelled and Bryan Fuller wants to use her a lot more, at least I hope so. :D
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Wow that was a heck of a season finale. Not seen one quite like that before. From the first scene it was a ticking clock that was building the anticipation bit by bit.

I'll put this in spoiler tags so don't read if you've not seen it yet!
    I'm not sure about the Gillian Anderson twist. I know it's the whole 'the players being played the whole time' thing but that felt more like a last second twist for the sake of it rather than something that was planned all along. It would mean they were acting for the sake of no one when they were alone together wouldn't it?
    Not really, it just means whatever happened to bring them together for this took place after the interactions we have seen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well kinda speechless at the episode and then the ending? Whose gonna be in season 3, Will can't not be in it :(

Baffled by the end credit scene but presume she's just as fecked up as Hannibal and all should be explained next year. For such graphic gruesomeness it was a stunning episode to watch, very artistic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pac_girl wrote: »
    Well kinda speechless at the episode and then the ending? Whose gonna be in season 3, Will can't not be in it :(

Baffled by the end credit scene but presume she's just as fecked up as Hannibal and all should be explained next year. For such graphic gruesomeness it was a stunning episode to watch, very artistic.

All was explain a few episodes ago. Bedelia got immunity if she assisted with the investigation, Hannibal did to her what he tried to do to Will but it worked; she killed her patient but got off the hook due to the immunity deal. Bedelia was his first "student" and is now his lover, having embraced her own dark side and Hannibal's as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All was explain a few episodes ago. Bedelia got immunity if she assisted with the investigation, Hannibal did to her what he tried to do to Will but it worked; she killed her patient but got off the hook due to the immunity deal. Bedelia was his first "student" and is now his lover, having embraced her own dark side and Hannibal's as well.

Ah okay - I think what I got mixed up was her telling Will she believed him - I thought it was an act of support and her being anti Hannibal but now it just seemed like an act of gloating maybe (probably the wrong word)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah okay - I think what I got mixed up was her telling Will she believed him - I thought it was an act of support and her being anti Hannibal but now it just seemed like an act of gloating maybe (probably the wrong word)

She did believe Will. How could she not, she's been made into a killer by Hannibal herself. She just didn't agree with him about Hannibal, she told them what she did to get herself off the hook so she could go into hiding until Hannibal made contact again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did believe Will. How could she not, she's been made into a killer by Hannibal herself. She just didn't agree with him about Hannibal, she told them what she did to get herself off the hook so she could go into hiding until Hannibal made contact again.

I meant the reasoning behind her saying it, she believed him but her telling him that is un clear - was she fearful of Hannibal at that time, as suggested by her clearing out? Was she told to say it to Will by Hannibal? We don't know what happened between them, otherwise the ending wouldn't have been such a twist.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having thought about the ending some more, I guess Bedelia could be trying to do her own 'Will' on Hannibal and try to outsmart him. Would be nice to see Gillian in the next season a lot more although I guess it depends on her commitments.

Since I haven't read the books I really have no clue where they could go with this for season 3. Obviously Hannibal will be on the run and pretty sure Will won't be dead. I guess Will hunting him down overseas? It'll be a shame if Jack will die because I'd like to see him and Will get the best of Hannibal eventually. Alana and Abigail will die for sure as I feel their characters have run their course.
  • Options
    Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt like *I* was bleeding by the end of that episode, Christ on a bike. :o
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm common as muck lol but I'm not relly enjoying all these arty farty fantasty scenes tbh. Sorry but I don't know how else to describe them. There are too many for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant the reasoning behind her saying it, she believed him but her telling him that is un clear - was she fearful of Hannibal at that time, as suggested by her clearing out? Was she told to say it to Will by Hannibal? We don't know what happened between them, otherwise the ending wouldn't have been such a twist.

I figured it was simpl self preservation and so she could go into hiding securely without suspicion she'd be Hannibal's ace up his sleeve. I think she was playing the inside track with Will to see how genuine Will was in regards to her and Hannibal while also playing him to her advantage to get immunity. Perhaps Hannibal hoped himself, Will, Abi and Bedelia could have been their own perverted happy family: Papa Hannibal, Mama Bedelia, Uncle Will and daughter Abi.