Options

Unlocking 3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,338
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,
I got a Moto A835 and quickly realised that 3 isn't all it's cracked up to be. However I loved the phone, the answer to my dilemma?? Unlock it! I purchased a vodafone sim card and phoned 3 up. Put through to the indian call centre I registered my details before being told that it'd cost me £150 to unlock?!?! Couldn't be right. So I checked the website, which said it was £15.

So anyone in the know, which is it. And could you tell me who to send the check to and if I should send a leter explaining what I want done and what I do afterwards. Also who I make the check payable to (the guy I talked to had a poor grasp of english which didn't help)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sell the phone and get a 2G one. You'll be lucky to find any features that work on a 2G SIM even if you do manage to unlock it.

Get away from 3 while you can!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well what won't work? I only use it for phoning, texting, MMS and taking the occasional picture/video.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Go to http://www.remoteunlocker.com to unlock your phone. This costs £22. You will be able to use all the functions of your 3g phone except any "3" specific content. You would also have to change the settings for wap/gprs and email.