Options

What are you fussy about?

Comments

• Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very fussy about how my washing is hung on the line . Trousers by the band , sicks by the open end , t shirts by the bottom end , socks always in pairs etc
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    I very fussy about how my washing is hung on the line . Trousers by the band , sicks by the open end , t shirts by the bottom end , socks always in pairs etc

The colours of my pegs have to match the item of clothing :blush:
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    The colours of my pegs have to match the item of clothing :blush:

:D - Me too, to both of these.
  • Options
    xblingxbling Posts: 2,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh! Reading through this thread I realise I'm more fussy than I thought! I agree with loads on here.
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    See, I wouldn’t get away with being fussy. I would be called irritating, awkward, difficult. I am already moaned at needlessly by family and strangers alike for just the mere fact of existing so if I started complaining about the wrong sort of texture cream on my cake or vociferously telling waiters that they should be using free trade coffee I’d be finished. Some of us don’t have the luxury of being even allowed to be fussy.
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Slippers. No mules. Must have thick soles.
    Pyjamas. No cartoon characters or writing on the front. No buttons. No vest tops. No silky material. Nothing that needs ironed.
    Beans. Heinz only.
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toilet rolls - there must be a straight break along perforations. If someone uses our loo and leaves a ragged edge on the roll, I fume silently.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I'm fussy about women, i.e. I would like my preferred women to be intelligent. I have no time for stupid people in general. Age gap within reason isn't a problem, nor is race, creed, colour etc.
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When out shopping l make a point of looking at the ingredients and nutritional information on food labels. I'm really fussy about anything artificial such as colouring and flavouring in the food I consume and avoid it, and also the amount of fat contained therein.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Margerine:
    I'm really fussy about keeping crumbs out of the tub.
    The OH insists the correct way is to begin at one end and slowly work your way across, so it stays nice and tidy.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toilet rolls - there must be a straight break along perforations. If someone uses our loo and leaves a ragged edge on the roll, I fume silently.

Oh yes! I can relate to this one, but living alone I only have myself to blame. I have to keep pulling more sheets off until I get it right.
    jra wrote: »
    I'm fussy about women, i.e. I would like my preferred women to be intelligent. I have no time for stupid people in general. Age gap within reason isn't a problem, nor is race, creed, colour etc.

Blast! It's just not my lucky day!
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what im not fussy about

;)
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeans, must be the right length [ obviously ] , traditional design, non-stretchy, 100 % cotton, metal rivets, zip fly, none of your high or low waisters, but more importantly, MUST be a tapered fit to a 14 inch hem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blast! It's just not my lucky day!

I'm not what to say to that in all honestly, but you appear to be a decent poster.
  • Options
    ParashootistParashootist Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    BrownCow wrote: »
    Margerine:
    I'm really fussy about keeping crumbs out of the tub.
    The OH insists the correct way is to begin at one end and slowly work your way across, so it stays nice and tidy.

Yep, I do this, but if I get some surplus on my knife, it ruins everything. Do you scrape it off on the lip of the tub to reuse next time round, and when it comes to next time round you dont really want a crumb filled clump of marg on your toast/bread. And its a waste to put it in the bin
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an intolerant cow: if people do things in a way other than the way that I would do them, then it's wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    I'm an intolerant cow: if people do things in a way other than the way that I would do them, then it's wrong.

You'd like me then, as I tend to go against the flow in just about everything in life.
  • Options
    bostin_austinbostin_austin Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    My tea (cup of).

My food - it has to be free range meat, and free range, organic dairy.

Audio speakers.

Clean shoes and boots. I hate seeing dirty, scuffed footwear.

Me too! I never, ever accept an offer of a cup of tea, anywhere. It has to be made properly in a pot and brewed for at least 8 minutes.

Food, I always buy organic- never buy processed- make my own bread, sausage etc

Clean shoes- I was brought up being told 'that you really can judge a person by their shoes'.

Speakers- they have to be exactly centered.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crockery. I have a slight 'thing' for needing to use my own plate / mug etc ... I have my own mug at work and I couldn't use the plates or cutlery there as I haven't cleaned them, therefore I don't know if they are clean enough.

Also - if I go to my parents for dinner and have a second helping of something like pudding, I need a clean plate, spoon etc ...
  • Options
    prgirl_cescaprgirl_cesca Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Colours matching. I can't wear more than 3 colours in an outfit and that includes shoes/bags. Started when I was a kid like an OCD thing (my mum is the same) and it gets really bad around times of anxiety.

The only benefit is that I don't spend much on clothes as I have a capsule wardrobe of mainly black, red, blue and grey!

I'm like this with my children though which is bad but at least their clothes match!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am getting more fussy on wine. Shame because there was a time I was happy to drink the really cheap stuff. Now I cant stomach it.

I am also really fussy with weighing myself every morning and evening. It drives me mad to not have working scales.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing that I'm fussy about is making sure DVDs and CDs go back into their cases. I hate it when people just dump them on top of the DVD/CD player or next to the TV.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    When my lodger doesn't bother to shut the kitchen door and switch the extractor fan on when cooking. Especially like the other night, eleven forty five and the whole house stinks of garlic chicken.
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shopping and the way it's packed. And what goes into what bag (as I always bring my own bags). When I'm with my mum I have to hold myself back. Why would you put cereal boxes in a massive heavy duty bags. Makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    Plucky_OctopusPlucky_Octopus Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, I do this, but if I get some surplus on my knife, it ruins everything. Do you scrape it off on the lip of the tub to reuse next time round, and when it comes to next time round you dont really want a crumb filled clump of marg on your toast/bread. And its a waste to put it in the bin

Use the surplus. I also have to have an even layer of butter. Have even stopped him from buttering bread so I know the tub is tidy.