The US Ratings Thread (Part 1)

Comments

• TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Selfie is gone. Being replaced with Shark Tank reruns.

Selfie was DOA, simply awful.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NOTE- Expect big changes for CBS, as they were heavily pre-empted... especially Mom who adjusted down three tenths last week. Luckily for Mom fans, it was higher this week than last week in the earlies.

CBS:
    Big Bang Theory- 17.07m (4.5)
    Mom- 11.84m (2.8)
    2 and a Half Men- 9.45m (2.2)
    The McCarthys- 6.94m (1.6)
    Elementary- 6.96m (1.2)

ABC:
    Greys Anatomy- 8.29m (2.4)
    Scandal- 9.98m (3.2)
    How To Get Away With Murder- 9.22m (2.9)

NBC:
    The Biggest Loser- 4.45m (1.2)
    Bad Judge- 3.45m (0.9)
    A To Z- 2.35m (0.6)
    Parenthood- 3.64m (1.0)

FOX:
    Bones- 5.51m (1.2)
    Gracepoint- 3.43m (0.8)

CW:
    The Vampire Diaries- 1.56m (0.7)
    Reign- 1.21m (0.4)

Fantastic for Scandal there, brilliant for Murder. And Greys still a veteran God. Not good for NBC and FOX. Not very good for the CW either.
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greys is really impressing me, higher than every CBS drama this week and up against TBBT! It'll be around for a good while yet.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Millers is cancelled
    The Mindy Project has been given six extra episodes

I am shocked at the millers. Yes, the ratings have seen a decline, but not to the point where CBS should have pulled the plug with just half of it's 22 episode order being filmed and only allowing one more to be filmed. I would of assume it would of aired all of season 2 and then be cancelled. The same sort of thing happened a few years ago with Up All Night, which also starred Will Arnett. That was also cancelled midway through season 2.

Comedy is a troubling genre at the moment. Apart from utopia, every cancellation has been a comedy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised about The Millers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here. CBS have made a very early stupid mistake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thursday finals.

CBS:
    Big Bang Theory- 16.90m (4.5)
    Mom- 11.07m (2.6)
    2 and a Half Men- 8.75m (2.1)
    The McCarthys- 6.36m (1.4)
    Elementary- 6.53m (1.0)

ABC:
    Greys Anatomy- 8.36m (2.4)
    Scandal- 10.05m (3.2)
    How To Get Away With Murder- 9.25m (2.9)

NBC:
    The Biggest Loser- 4.52m (1.2)
    Bad Judge- 3.20m (0.9)
    A To Z- 2.35m (0.6)
    Parenthood- 3.61m (1.0)

FOX:
    Bones- 5.50m (1.3)
    Gracepoint- 3.49m (0.8)

CW:
    The Vampire Diaries- 1.54m (0.7)
    Reign- 1.19m (0.4)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mccarthy's is a goner i think.

elementary's ratings is very very very bad. If i was cbs, i would of cancelled elementary than The Millers, regardless of whether elementary is a season away from syndication. A multi camera comedy that uses the same sets each episode is much cheaper than a crime drama that films on location.
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mccarthy's is a goner i think.

elementary's ratings is very very very bad. If i was cbs, i would of cancelled elementary than The Millers, regardless of whether elementary is a season away from syndication. A multi camera comedy that uses the same sets each episode is much cheaper than a crime drama that films on location.

Elementary has more episodes in the can and a syndication deal in place, The Millers doesn't. Better to cut their losses now than persist with a low rating comedy for another 2 1/2 seasons, its doing a 1.5 now what would it be pulling in the spring a 1.1/1.2?

I'm not surprised it got cancelled.

That said there is time yet for Elementary to get the boot, surely if it keeps dropping then CBS must have to rethink.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am aware that Elementary has more episodes in the can and is close to syndication. I partly said this in my last post. But a 1.0 is terrible regardless. If it was 1.3/1.4, there wouldn't be an issue. If things do not improve, CBS will either cancel, reduce the episode order or change the timeslot. My guess is a change of time slot. Maybe friday?

The Millers wasn't deserving of a cancellation so early this season at all. A 1.5 isn't amazing but actually isn't that bad to have had the cancellation right now and for production to end after the next episode. CBS should be keeping an eye on Stalker and Madam Secretary more than anything because their demos could be a lot better for a first season show. They should of kept The Millers on for the rest of the season. Just a very silly idea that CBS have made so early. They should of kept it on all season and if The Odd couple does well and rates higher, then cancel the Millers.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If CBS didn't have Mike and Molly and The Odd Couple I think CBS would have kept The Millers longer but it was dragging down Mondays and proving a bad lead in for Scorpion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should of seen how The Millers would of done on Thursdays as it's Monday slot was temporarily.

TV by the numbers are so late to the party. They just announced cancellation of The Millers about 20 minutes ago, yet it was actually announced everywhere else like 16 hours ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised, I really thought CBS would drag The Millers to syndication.

The cancellation would be deserved if it was the end of the season, but it's not rating that awfully to be pulled off the schedule this early. I guess they didn't want it dragging down Scorpion.

Good news for Mom though, keeping the post-TBBT slot?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. Constantine is definitely gone and probably won't make it past this year. Cristela is looking a bit better, enough to survive on ABC Fridays. What was CBS thinking?? I'm aware this "award ceremony" (I say this lightly) has been around for a while (It just wasn't televised and looking at some clips from last night, you can see why they haven't and probably shouldn't again) but it just looked like another cheap show that even the Awards Season pundits won't care about. Next thing, they might get Satellite Awards (another trying-to-be Golden Globes show). Just be grateful you got the Grammy ceremony for February, CBS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see Cristela surviving much longer. It manages a 1.0 or a 1.1 which is terrible, if you compare that to how well it's lead in sitcom does. Plus it's been on the air for about 6 weeks now and still no word on additonal scripts being ordered. Then again ABC gave the low rated Forever a full season, it wouldn't shock me if Cristela did as well.

Constantine being a flop just adds insult to injury to everything else flopping for NBC. I think NBC will be announcing it's cancellation very very very soon.

State of Affairs premieres on Monday. Wonder how well it will do. Especially with television veterans of the likes of Katherine Heigl and Alfre Woodard, both emmy award winning actresses.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    State of Affairs wasn't well received by critics but should premiere well, considering how Castle and NCIS:LA don't pose much threat in the ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paltonz wrote: »
    State of Affairs wasn't well received by critics but should premiere well, considering how Castle and NCIS:LA don't pose much threat in the ratings.

I'm thinking it could premiere to the same sort of demo that The Blacklist has been getting this season... ~2.5. But it will most likely drop to high 1s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    I'm surprised, I really thought CBS would drag The Millers to syndication.

The cancellation would be deserved if it was the end of the season, but it's not rating that awfully to be pulled off the schedule this early. I guess they didn't want it dragging down Scorpion.

Good news for Mom though, keeping the post-TBBT slot?

I hope Mom keeps the post-TBBT slot. It was supposed to be The Millers, but now that's done, Mom should remain there. I mean, what else could hey put there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking the same thing. By their fifth week, Castle can catch up to State of Affairs, should they lose momentum. They could sink to 1.4-1.6 by then. Castle still has strong fans, despite a notable drop this season.
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Castle has been an odd one this season, It started out really well, its 1st 3 weeks or so it got its usual 1.9-2.1 rating

Then it had a drop to 1.6 for some reason and hasn't really rebounded yet.

Its in no danger of course unless the Cast decide to end it but its little sudden drop has been odd
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    Castle has been an odd one this season, It started out really well, its 1st 3 weeks or so it got its usual 1.9-2.1 rating

Then it had a drop to 1.6 for some reason and hasn't really rebounded yet.

Its in no danger of course unless the Cast decide to end it but its little sudden drop has been odd

Season 7, been muttering a from the cast for two years now. Don't hold your breath.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Millers is cancelled

I did say this was going to happen a few pages back. :p

Syndication for The Millers was a very long way off, I just couldn’t see CBS dragging it out for that long.

But in all honesty even I’m surprised at how soon CBS have done it. I thought they’d give it a few more months to see if the ratings move before they made their decision.

Still, Will Arnett isn’t short of work at the moment! :D
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed. While Last Man Standing is a decent, consistent, performer for ABC (by Friday standards) I thought ABC were just pushing to complete a 4th season for syndication purposes. But now I’m starting to think it might be back for a 5th season next year. Its a traditional sitcom so it probably isn’t too expensive to produce, it depends on what Tim Allen’s salary is.

On a related note hopefully we see season three on Sky 1 soon!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/11/17/tv-ratings-sunday-revenge-bobs-burgers-rise-once-upon-a-time-two-hour-special-dips/328524/
    A rise for both Revenge and Bobs Burger's. Bob is now in a time new slot and it was swapped over with where Mulaney aired. Have to be honest, this was the first episode of Bob's burgers i have enjoyed in a while. The last few of season 4 sucked and the first few of season 5 saw no improvement.